Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballards press conference 12:30 Jan 11th

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

more than. 

he just us what he intends to do. Retain our key players in Pitt, Moore, Grover and Blackmon. Address FS position. More flexibility in free agency. And adding explosive players in the draft. 

He absolutely puts it out there IF one can read through it. Some just cannot seem to read the writing on the wall. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

On what site? I can't even find it listed anywhere.

Here is one.  I googled colts script hat a long time ago and there are a few sites but all were sold out.  

https://shop.colts.com/mens-new-era-royal-indianapolis-colts-script-9fifty-trucker-snapback-hat/p-26632074452169+z-9895-3755517468

Indianapolis Colts New Era Script 9FIFTY Trucker Snapback Hat - Royal (lids.com)

https://www.lids.com/nfl-indianapolis-colts/indianapolis-colts-new-era-script-9fifty-trucker-snapback-hat-royal/o-4605+t-58607078+p-60851996598+z-9-627202652

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

thanks. I mean. He used that language so frequently throughout the presser that I thought it was just assumed at the point.  

gotta say I love watching his pressers.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

“Gotta have something to answer at the combine. Yall ask em all here.” 

Q: “you seem to be in a good mood.” 

“you should have seen me here Monday…. I hate losing, but I’m confident and encouraged by where we are going.” 

Q: “… I didn’t mean it like that.” 

“you just struck a nerve… like being at the dentist.” 

Credit to Greg Doyle. He's mostly a clown, but that little sincere exchange at the end really got Ballard to drop his guard and let some truth out. Don't know if it tells us much about specific decisions that are coming, but it was another good insight into Ballard's personality.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Credit to Greg Doyle. He's mostly a clown, but that little sincere exchange at the end really got Ballard to drop his guard and let some truth out. Don't know if it tells us much about specific decisions that are coming, but it was another good insight into Ballard's personality.

Doyle is still a clown homer simpson wtf GIF

• Like 1

The thing that struck me the most was him talking about the 2021 team. How good they were and sitting well at 9-6 but got disconnected, and basically said it was because of certain players. 

I don't think it was certain player(s). I think it was Carson Wentz and the strange relationship between he and Frank that caused the disconnect. Looking back at that roster, it really was a pretty strong team, aside from the qb situation.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Doyle is still a clown homer simpson wtf GIF

IMO they all are clowns. Never ask the questions we all want to hear. They won't they are scared to lose jobs. 

Just now, EasyE said:

IMO they all are clowns. Never ask the questions we all want to hear. They won't they are scared to lose jobs. 

So yeah, I can't say they are clowns. But some are. Lol 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EasyE said:

So yeah, I can't say they are clowns. But some are. Lol 

I understand their points not asking stuff all the time that doesn't get answered cause they have jobs that they want to keep.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

The thing that struck me the most was him talking about the 2021 team. How good they were and sitting well at 9-6 but got disconnected, and basically said it was because of certain players. 

I don't think it was certain player(s). I think it was Carson Wentz and the strange relationship between he and Frank that caused the disconnect. Looking back at that roster, it really was a pretty strong team, aside from the qb situation.

I think if Mustache was the QB of that team we would have been 10-7 and made the playoffs looking at it now. Taylor was the best RB in the league and it wasn't even close. He was tearing it up. Also, our defense created so many Turnovers, Mustache would have been in heaven. Leonard created 10 by himself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think if Mustache was the QB of that team we would have been 10-7 and made the playoffs looking at it now. Taylor was the best RB in the league and it wasn't even close. He tearing it up. Also our defense created so many Turnovers, Mustache would have been in heaven. Leonard created 10 by himself.

I agree  💯. But I also disagree. We are not going to win a SB with a backup QB that plays the whole season. Plus we are not going to win a SB with a old school mentality coach. (Frank) I love the guy for sure. I loved Pagano but his coaching is past due. JMO on it much respect on all the Colts coaches including Saturday. Saturday was thrown in there. Not by his fault, who wouldn't take the job for millions of dollars??? Lmao 

1 minute ago, EasyE said:

I agree  💯. But I also disagree. We are not going to win a SB with a backup QB that plays the whole season. Plus we are not going to win a SB with a old school mentality coach. (Frank) I love the guy for sure. I loved Pagano but his coaching is past due. JMO on it much respect on all the Colts coaches including Saturday. Saturday was thrown in there. Not by his fault, who wouldn't take the job for millions of dollars??? Lmao 

Oh I don't think in 2021 we would have won a SB with Mustache, just saying Playoffs. Much like this year. Moving forward we need AR to take us to that different level. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think if Mustache was the QB of that team we would have been 10-7 and made the playoffs looking at it now. Taylor was the best RB in the league and it wasn't even close. He was tearing it up. Also, our defense created so many Turnovers, Mustache would have been in heaven. Leonard created 10 by himself.

You have to remember Wentz had a big arm and could run. That kept defenses some what honest. Minshew didn’t keep defenses honest.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You have to remember Wentz had a big arm and could run. That kept defenses some what honest. Minshew didn’t keep defenses honest.

Wentz actually played respectably that season, just not sure Gardner would have blown 2 games in a row to cause us to miss the playoffs at the end. We will never know. Most of the games we won that season was because of Taylor and the defense.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Yeah... you can get 2 Payes for that much money... 

You just let him play out the contract and see where he is next year.  More than half of the 1st round picks don’t get the option picked up.  Not a good omen for the player but it is what it is.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Imagine if Rivers stayed another year. That team may have had a shot at a deep playoff run. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

You just let him play out the contract and see where he is next year.  More than half of the 1st round picks don’t get the option picked up.  Not a good omen for the player but it is what it is.  

He's not bad, but... I'm not sure he's great either... and IMO if he's worth the 13M he would get on the 5th year, you probably would want to lock him up long term anyways... :dunno:

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

He's not bad, but... I'm not sure he's great either... and IMO if he's worth the 13M he would get on the 5th year, you probably would want to lock him up long term anyways... :dunno:

Time will tell on that one.  I don’t think they really know right now.

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

Funny - I’ve figured it made more sense to bring back Blackmon than Kenny Moore.  Sounds like he didn’t really address Kenny’s FA status…

I think Kenny is a no-brainer is my guess. I would be shocked if he isn't back. He, Pitt, and Grover should be back.

• Like 3

His comment on paying for a WR suggests to me a veteran WR is going to be brought in.  Could be the big acquisition of the off season.  Other than resigning Moore I think we’re riding with our current corners.  But I do think the next position group to get a major veteran upgrade is Safety.  I’m expecting Moore, Blackmon, Pittman, Grover, Lewis and Rigo to return.  I think Moss departs along with Minschew because I think some team will pay him more than the Colts.

13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

His comment on paying for a WR suggests to me a veteran WR is going to be brought in.  Could be the big acquisition of the off season.  Other than resigning Moore I think we’re riding with our current corners.  But I do think the next position group to get a major veteran upgrade is Safety.  I’m expecting Moore, Blackmon, Pittman, Grover, Lewis and Rigo to return.  I think Moss departs along with Minschew because I think some team will pay him more than the Colts.

I don’t think he said anything about this. Maybe I missed  it. He did say there would be opportunities in FA and draft to get more explosive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Ballard said Bradley is under contract in 2024. 

How do I get this hat Ballard is wearing? I keep looking for it and can't find it...

I missed the presser so idk what hat he had on, but if you find it link it to me. He’s usually got a good hat game. Even if the one I wanted originally said IDN instead of IND. That drove my OCD crazy. 

To me he pretty much said he wants a WR round one and wants to keep Pittman and will use money to fill in other holes.  That doesn’t mean he’s going to go get a big name free agent could be guys like Samson last year that looked under the radar but really helped.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, stitches said:

I wouldn't use the option. Just see how 2024 goes. 

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I missed the presser so idk what hat he had on, but if you find it link it to me. He’s usually got a good hat game. Even if the one I wanted originally said IDN instead of IND. That drove my OCD crazy. 

The other one I like is the four corners hat. Gotta find that one too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think he said anything about this. Maybe I missed  it. He did say there would be opportunities in FA and draft to get more explosive.

When talking about the WR market he mentioned the price of gas for your car.  He said if the price of gas is $4.00 a gallon then that’s the market and if you need gas you’re going to pay that.  He used that analogy when describing the WR market.  So for me if he’s using that to reference the WR market then he knows he has to pay.  It is what it is.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

When talking about the WR market he mentioned the price of gas for your car.  He said if the price of gas is $4.00 a gallon then that’s the market and if you need gas you’re going to pay that.  He used that analogy when describing the WR market.  So for me if he’s using that to reference the WR market then he knows he has to pay.  It is what it is.

That was in reference to Pittman. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

10 plus. 

That team was running the ball down teams throats and creating opportunities for more of it on the defensive side of the ball. I really thought that if they could make the playoffs, they could cause chaos, even with Wentz at qb. I couldn't believe the meltdown those last two weeks. 

I hope to see a healthy JT roll into 2024. A lot to look forward to, but that man needs this franchise to ride him to a hall of fame worthy career. He's had a great start, but now that he's got the contract under wraps, it's time to step it up to that caliber of play. Sounds like Ballard's fully expecting that.

• Like 1