Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2024 opponents set (MERGE)

The schedule topic has always been something that has been a controversial topic for me. It seems like every year, if we have a good season, it is because we had an easy schedule according to many. If we have a bad season, it is because we had a hard schedule lmao .

In reality, I am looking at our schedule for 2024 and to me it isn't that much tougher than this past season. Also, it is hard to say what is easy or tough at the beginning because injuries happen, etc.. You play who is in front of you. It isn't like we are playing 17 KC's or 17 Carolina's. It all evens out for most teams. 

Rosters will be somewhat different for teams entering 2024 but lets say the rosters are close for most teams, is there any reason to think we can't go 4-2 in the division? Split with Houston and Jacks, sweep Tennessee? Is there any reason to believe we can't beat the Patriots, Giants, Vikings, Broncos, Bears - it is in Indy? With AR being back, I can see those as all wins which gives us 9 wins right there.

Well….   The Colts finished 3rd in the AFC South.   But I think next year’s schedule shapes up to be one of the Colts most difficult.   

First, 9 games on the road, 8 at home.  

Second, games with the Pats, Jets and Giants all in the road.   They may not be good teams, but the games are on the east coast and may be at a time of year where weather plays a factor. 

My initial way-too-early prediction is 9-8, and no way to know if that’ll be good enough to make the playoffs.   We will know better in mid-April when the 24 schedule release happens. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well….   The Colts finished 3rd in the AFC South.   But I think next year’s schedule shapes up to be one of the Colts most difficult.   

First, 9 games on the road, 8 at home.  

Second, games with the Pats, Jets and Giants all in the road.   They may not be good teams, but the games are on the east coast and may be at a time of year where weather plays a factor. 

My initial way-too-early prediction is 9-8, and no way to know if that’ll be good enough to make the playoffs.   We will know better in mid-April when the 24 schedule release happens. 

Yeah, if we pretty much bring our key players back and if AR can stay healthy, I can see 10-7. I think with Taylor being ready from day 1 and AR having sort of a season under his belt, we can out do 2023. Downs should even be better, and Buck will be Buck. Pittman and Moore need to be re-signed. We also need at least 1 or 2 players from the draft that will impact the team in a big positive way. Shane has learned a lot as well. I see 9 or 10 wins on the schedule as of now. 10 could win the division, we will see.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, if we pretty much bring our key players back and if AR can stay healthy, I can see 10-7. I think with Taylor being ready from day 1 and AR having sort of a season under his belt, we can out do 2023. Downs should even be better, and Buck will be Buck. Pittman and Moore need to be re-signed. We also need at least 1 or 2 players from the draft that will impact the team in a big positive way. Shane has learned a lot as well. I see 9 or 10 wins on the schedule as of now. 10 could win the division, we will see.

Ballard signaled he is going to be much more aggressive this offseason in acquiring talent.  He knows he has the financial wherewithal to do so.  People are way overestimating the strength of our schedule.   Let’s see what these teams look like after the offseason.  We are going to be adding talent not losing talent like many of our opponents.  I think 10 is the floor actually.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Remember….  AR may have exceeded expectations for most, but he’s basically still a rookie.  He’s still badly lacking reps.  So all the rookie mistakes he was supposed to make this year, he will make next season and then in 25 as well.  

Exceeding expectations but still needing lots of experience can BOTH be true. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Remember….  AR may have exceeded expectations for most, but he’s basically still a rookie.  He’s still badly lacking reps.  So all the rookie mistakes he was supposed to make this year, he will make next season and then in 25 as well.  

Exceeding expectations but still needing lots of experience can BOTH be true. 

Oh, I am sure he will have some games having us scratch our heads. That is why I am not going to get over the top optimistic and say we should win 12 games lol. 

40 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Ballard signaled he is going to be much more aggressive this offseason in acquiring talent.  He knows he has the financial wherewithal to do so.  People are way overestimating the strength of our schedule.   Let’s see what these teams look like after the offseason.  We are going to be adding talent not losing talent like many of our opponents.  I think 10 is the floor actually.  

It happens every year. The key to me, unlike the last 2 years, I want 3 divisional games in mid November to December time frame and not 4 or 5 of them done by mid October like it has happened the last 2 years. We go 4-2 in our division, and stay above .500 at 6-5 in the rest of the games, like you said, that floor of 10 can be hit with some talent addition. The key is our division. By getting half our divisional games later in the season when AR would have improved, our divisional prospects go up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

You said this last year and the year before...etc...etc.... Again ..He's not changing his strategy.