Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Year 7 of Ballard

runthepost

44 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

Nonsense.  No one is happy to lose.  But some people don’t get in their feelings whenever things don’t go right.  Explain how we were on the cusp of a playoff berth and potential division title with Gardner Minshew if the roster is below average?  

Everything has to be put in context.  We have to get the QB situation right along with every other team in the league.  Nick Caserio was looked at as an unmitigated disaster before he drafted CJ Stroud and was on the hot seat in Houston.  That single pick elevated everything else he did.  Picking the consensus quarterback at number 2 overall doesn’t take a genius.  

Philip Rivers taking us to the playoffs in 2020 and then Wentz almost doing it in 2021 is what made the organization think we were close.  Last year the bottom fell out and it was addressed this past offseason.  Ballard is most definitely going to live or die with the AR pick.  It’s the first high pick QB he has drafted.   It is wise to hold judgement. 

One could very easily argue that our record this season is a biproduct of the 3rd easiest strength in the NFL. We basically beat up on all the bad teams in the league.

I think our roster is better than the worst teams. But its average, has been average, and likely will continue to be average under Ballard. He is the epitome of average.

As far as the QB thing even if you give him a 2 year buffer because of the Andrew Luck retirement that still means he has had 5 years to figure out the QB situation. Which he failed to do so.

Now all his eggs lay in the AR basket you are correct. I think Ballard has been given a very, very long leash to accomplish his vision. With very little fruit bearing. He has to be on the hot seat if the next 2 years dont yield results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

One could very easily argue that our record this season is a biproduct of the 3rd easiest strength in the NFL. We basically beat up on all the bad teams in the league.

I think our roster is better than the worst teams. But its average, has been average, and likely will continue to be average under Ballard. He is the epitome of average.

As far as the QB thing even if you give him a 2 year buffer because of the Andrew Luck retirement that still means he has had 5 years to figure out the QB situation. Which he failed to do so.

Now all his eggs lay in the AR basket you are correct. I think Ballard has been given a very, very long leash to accomplish his vision. With very little fruit bearing. He has to be on the hot seat if the next 2 years dont yield results.

We agree

So now the nfl has perpetrated yet another complete and utter embarrassment. The absolutely talentless dumpster fire known as the steelers back into the playoffs yet again. I said after we beat them then lost to the falcons the dumpster fire would make the playoffs and we wouldn't. Yes, and I'm really not that smart of a guy. How does Mr. Rooney get that % pile into the playoffs so often??? We rolled up over 200 yards rushing with our 3rd and 4th string runners, absolutely crushed them in all aspects of the game and they go to the playoffs and we don't. All Ballard haters on here need to immediately remove yourself and become steeler fans so you can root for a team with absolutely no talent or ability at any position. Man, their gm has done a tremendous job!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

So now the nfl has perpetrated yet another complete and utter embarrassment. The absolutely talentless dumpster fire known as the steelers back into the playoffs yet again. I said after we beat them then lost to the falcons the dumpster fire would make the playoffs and we wouldn't. Yes, and I'm really not that smart of a guy. How does Mr. Rooney get that % pile into the playoffs so often??? We rolled up over 200 yards rushing with our 3rd and 4th string runners, absolutely crushed them in all aspects of the game and they go to the playoffs and we don't. All Ballard haters on here need to immediately remove yourself and become steeler fans so you can root for a team with absolutely no talent or ability at any position. Man, their gm has done a tremendous job!!!!!!!

Coach Tomlin has done a tremendous job.  He does it every year.

• Like 2

I've been reading through this topic and have seen a few places(and other topics on this forum) where people are slobbering all over themselves saying how good a gm Caserio is in Houston. Playoff appearance and division title in just his THIRD year,WOW! If I remember correctly, and I believe I do, Ryan Grigson made the playoffs his first 3 years as gm of the Colts. So, should we bring back Grigson?????? Don't worry folks, I would never advocate that, we have the guy already in place. I just wanted to point out to the Ballard bashers how ridiculous they are. And if you can't figure it out Caserio success = Stroud, Grigson success = Luck. Let's see how our fortunes turn with Richardson, I'm still predicting the afc south will be us vs. texans for the next 10-12 years. Go Colts, wooooooooooo!

Having AR go down and having uncle Rico winning 9 wins on a last place schedule but it shows we are close.

Anthony needs to play smarter and we all know that. I think he will learn to slide and not take hits. He release time is fantastic and his vision is stellar. Im quite sure if he was playing in week 18 it would have been a much better story

• Like 1

2 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Having AR go down and having uncle Rico winning 9 wins on a last place schedule but it shows we are close.

Anthony needs to play smarter and we all know that. I think he will learn to slide and not take hits. He release time is fantastic and his vision is stellar. Im quite sure if he was playing in week 18 it would have been a much better story

What worries me is he had the same injury to same shoulder scenario season at Gainesville Eastside which is shown in the documentary QB1 on Tubi, if anyone hasnt watched it good series and focused that year on AR, Bryce Young and Deuce Hogan.

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

What worries me is he had the same injury to same shoulder scenario season at Gainesville Eastside which is shown in the documentary QB1 on Tubi, if anyone hasnt watched it good series and focused that year on AR, Bryce Young and Deuce Hogan.

The whole point of the surgery was to repair it so that wouldn’t happen again.  When he had the injury before he didn’t have the surgery which leads to a higher chance of it happening it again.

What concerns me is all the other injuries he’s suffered.  I’ve said all along if he had just had the one injury where he got slammed into the turf at an awkward angle with a defensive player I wouldn’t worry about it, injuries like that sometimes happen.  However he’s finished one game he’s played and even in that game he got banged up late but was able to finish it.