Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 NFL Weekly Pick'em Games: Week 18

Just now, chad72 said:

So, @2006Coltsbestever I might have AGAIN screwed myself by going with the Broncos, this is what changing my mind has done for me, cost me, AGAIN, LOL :) 

So, far, the differences between you and me:

1. Texans over Colts - +1 for me

2. Giants over Eagles - +1 for me

3. Chiefs over Chargers - +1 for me

4. Rams over 49ers - +1 for me

If I had kept my Raiders pick, I would have evened it out with you.

Now, I am 1 behind instead of being even with you. Let me know if I am right. 

@Moe tied me, interesting dilemma. I am totaling things up now. You look to be 1 game behind right now. I just noticed Easy didn't pick the Chargers/Chiefs game, that is an automatic loss.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Moe tied me, interesting dilemma. I am totaling things up now. You look to be 1 game behind right now. I just noticed Easy didn't pick the Chargers/Chiefs game, that is an automatic loss.

If I had stuck with the Raiders, I would be 1 game ahead, sucks.

Hey, let me know what your final pick for the Bills vs Dolphins is, whatever you do, I am doing the opposite. You can't lose against me but in order for me to win, I have to pick differently than you, lol :) 

Just now, chad72 said:

If I had stuck with the Raiders, I would be 1 game ahead, sucks.

Hey, let me know what your final pick for the Bills vs Dolphins is, whatever you do, I am doing the opposite. You can't lose against me but in order for me to win, I have to pick differently than you, lol :) 

I am sticking with Bills so if you go Dolphins we will tie :thmup:

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am ok with a Draw to be honest, you and Moe both have been scaring the crap for weeks Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

When it is this close, absolutely no reason to feel bad coming in 2nd or 3rd, IMO.

Like you said, a good deviation from the negativity.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, this has been the most fun I have ever had in here. It is just fun competitiveness and keeps us thinking with our football minds. 

Who would have thought there would be 3 games decided by 1 point - Seahawks over Cardinals, Chiefs over Chargers, and Rams over 49ers?

Fun fact for you to stash away in football trivia - Carson Wentz has never lost to the 49ers as a starter, not as an Eagle, not as a Colt, and now not as a Ram. He is 2-0 as an Eagle, 1-0 as a Colt and now 1-0 as a Ram vs the 49ers. :) 

That was the basis for my Rams pick, lol

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2024/1/6/24027297/rams-news-carson-wentz-nfl-week-18-49ers-los-angeles-san-francisco

• Like 1

As of now, leaderboard through 271 games:

1. @2006Coltsbestever172-99

1. @Moe172-99

2. @chad72171-100

3. @EasyE168-103

Easy made 4 switches and all were losses, he didn't pick the Chiefs at Chargers game either which was a loss. Had he stayed course though, he would be 172-99 and tied for 1st at worse. I have the Bills tonight, so does Moe, Chad has the Dolphins. Worse I can do is end up in a 3-way for the Championship. I am ok with sharing it.

I know it is all in fun, but we all do want to win too lol. I want to emphasize it is also time consuming to make sure you get your picks in for 18 straight weeks. We all have outside stuff going, family stuff as well. For 10 people to do that all season is impressive! The strategy, switching, and gut feelings that go into this are fun and takes smarts. I just want to say I love you guys for doing this all year. 

Good luck Chad and to Moe = Season 4 Episode 22 GIF by The Simpsons - Homer trying to get a free Duff Beer haha .homer simpson episode 3 GIF. Congrats on sharing the Championship. 

I will tally everyone else's up later tonight. Hate for this to end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Overall Standings: 271 games played/picked

1. @2006Coltsbestever172-99

1. @Moe172-99

2. @chad72171-100

3. @EasyE168-103

3. @Chrisaaron1023168-103

4. @VikingsFanInChennai167-104

5. @w87r166-105

6. @coltsva157-114

7. @RollerColt156-115

Honorable Mention:

@Solid84145-94 (0-32 = missed 1st 2 weeks) 145-126.

1 game pending = Everyone has the Bills except Chad, Vikingsfan, and Coltsva. Those 3 have the Dolphins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Thanks @2006Coltsbestever for managing all of this. Great season of participation indeed!!!

Yeah, I don't want it to end. I see @Chrisaaron1023moved way up to this week. A lot of luck goes into this as well. I lost two 1-point games today, it allowed Moe to catch me. You would have been ahead of me had you stuck with the Raiders, that is how close this stuff is. I know @EasyEsaid a while back he had a lot going on family wise, he still hung in there and got his picks in - hats off to him. Switching did him in this week.  

• Like 1

I have to go and look but I think I am 5-5 when it comes to switching this year. It is like going for it on 4th and 3 from the opposition's 45, it is 50/50 lmao . Sometimes it pays off and sometimes it bites you in the rear. I not only had to worry about Moe who I actually played it safe with to assure at least a tie, I was dealing with Chad and Easy as well. We had legitimately 4 people that could have won this going into the last week. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I don't want it to end. I see @Chrisaaron1023moved way up to this week. A lot of luck goes into this as well. I lost two 1-point games today, it allowed Moe to catch me. You would have been ahead of me had you stuck with the Raiders, that is how close this stuff is. I know @EasyEsaid a while back he had a lot going on family wise, he still hung in there and got his picks in - hats off to him. Switching did him in this week.  

Yeah, to realize I’d have pulled off a great comeback only to undo my chances sucks but I think I’m like 3-6 switching picks. Like I said, it’s a very good group at the top.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, to realize I’d have pulled off a great comeback only to undo my chances sucks but I think I’m like 3-6 switching picks. Like I said, it’s a very good group at the top.

You were awesome this week, that would have been the best comeback ever had you come back to beat me after being 4 games ahead. I was impressed when I kept looking at the scores, I was like Chad is winning every damn game (saying it jokingly/happy for you). I couldn't believe it. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This Dolphins game isn't over yet. Here comes Chad lmao 

It’s over. Tua is a bit like Herbert, not a comeback kid whatsoever, IMO, ironically from the same draft

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Week 18 picks

Steelers 19 @ Ravens 17

Texans 26 @ Colts 20

Browns 13 @ Bengals 16

Vikings 28 @ Lions 17

Jaguars 20 @ Titans 15

Jets 20 @ Patriots 19

Falcons 23 @ Saints 27 

Bucs 17 @ Panthers 12

Bears 31 @ Packers 23

Broncos 15 @ Raiders 23

Seahawks 23 @ Cardinals 26

Cowboys 34 @ Commanders 19

Chiefs 23 @ Chargers 18

Rams 21 @ 49ers 24

Eagles 33 @ Giants 9

Bills 31 @ Dolphins 37

Only 8-8.. phew. 

I went 13-3 this week.. best week of the year for me to beat my record last year! 169-103

It's been fun guys, it always adds a bit more spice and interest in other games not Colts! I'd be willing to do a playoff pickem, separate from the regular season one of course 

@2006Coltsbestever

@Moe

@chad72

@EasyE

@w87r

@VikingsFanInChennai

@RollerColt

@coltsva

@Solid84

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I went 13-3 this week.. best week of the year for me to beat my record last year! 169-103

It's been fun guys, it always adds a bit more spice and interest in other games not Colts! I'd be willing to do a playoff pickem, separate from the regular season one of course 

@2006Coltsbestever

@Moe

@chad72

@EasyE

@w87r

@VikingsFanInChennai

@RollerColt

@coltsva

@Solid84

Yeah it's been. Unfortunate I missed the first two weeks, but I still enjoyed it.

Doing a playoff version is a great idea.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will create a new thread with the final standings and many things to say about our picks. Feel free to chime in on it. 

Thanks for all your hard work managing the weekly pick’ems !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

@2006Coltsbestever

@Moe

@chad72

@EasyE

@w87r

@VikingsFanInChennai

@RollerColt

@coltsva

@Solid84

I created a new thread and have you at 169-103. You had a great last week, that was strong.

8 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Let's ask for participants' interest. If many want to continue either as separate or combined with this, we shall. Otherwise, let's leave it at that. 

Can you quote everyone here and check it out? 

I created a new thread and quoted everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• NFLfan unpinned this topic
15 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

@2006Coltsbestever

@Moe

@chad72

@EasyE

@w87r

@VikingsFanInChennai

@RollerColt

@coltsva

@Solid84

You reserved the best for the last, LOL lmao

Tichina Arnold Reaction GIF by CBS

Save The Best For Last GIF by Big Brother