Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Happy Birthday to Philip Rivers

RollerColt

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Hilarious post by the Colts Media Team!

Somewhere on an NFL films clip that’s somewhere on YouTube..,  

There's a play from Rivers when he was with the Colts.   He’s under center.   And on defense one linebacker is trying to tell another linebacker he’s in the wrong spot.   And without missing a beat Rivers tells the confused linebacker that his teammate is right, that the confused linebacker is in the wrong spot!   Rivers barks and points….  “you’re supposed to be over there!   Not here!” 

Rivers came with a well earned reputation as a trash talker, there are NFL Films clip  to back it up.  But for me, that moment was CLASSIC!!     Laugh Out Loud FUNNY!!

Id link it if I could!   

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There's a play from Rivers when he was with the Colts.   He’s under center.   And on defense one linebacker is trying to tell another linebacker he’s in the wrong spot.   And without missing a beat Rivers tells the confused linebacker that his teammate is right, that the confused linebacker is in the wrong spot!   Rivers barks and points….  “you’re supposed to be over there!   Not here!” 

Rivers came with a well earned reputation as a trash talker, there are NFL Films clip  to back it up.  But for me, that moment was CLASSIC!!     Laugh Out Loud FUNNY!!

Id link it if I could!   

I’ve searched and searched for that clip but haven’t been able to find it. 

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I’ve searched and searched for that clip but haven’t been able to find it. 

Me neither….  I couldn’t find it as well.   

Makes me wonder if it’s on Colts.com?

You know, one of those games when the Colts mic’ed him up for the website’s fans.  

So it’s a Colts.com clip and NOT an NFL.com clip.   It’s the only thing that makes sense to me.   Unfortunately,  I don’t know how to navigate our websites archives.   

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Id link it if I could!   

Yeah, I remember JJ Watt telling a similar story. Don't know if it's the same, but it's hilarious.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That’s it.   That’s the story.   Thanks so much for finding that. 

I think it’s here on this website.   

It’s gotta be. 

I remember him calling out the defender saying “you’re in the wrong spot!” And the defender replied “no I’m not!” Hahaha

• Like 2

Just now, Tsarquise said:

2020 was a really fun year. 

I still don't quite understand why he retired so suddenly. Sounded like he wanted to continue to play the last time he talked, and then boom he retired. He was still playing well. Should have beaten the Bills. 

I feel the same way. Just one more year with him and who knows what 2021 would’ve looked like. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 8:09 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Me neither….  I couldn’t find it as well.   

Makes me wonder if it’s on Colts.com?

You know, one of those games when the Colts mic’ed him up for the website’s fans.  

So it’s a Colts.com clip and NOT an NFL.com clip.   It’s the only thing that makes sense to me.   Unfortunately,  I don’t know how to navigate our websites archives.   

Is this it? 

38 mark.

8 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I feel the same way. Just one more year with him and who knows what 2021 would’ve looked like. 

Just weird to play one year with a new team while never having won a super bowl. You're not going to give it more than one try with the new team? 

Manning played 4 years with the Broncos and Brady 3 with the Bucs. 

Should have played another year and the Colts should have gone on all out to try towin a SB with their veteran QB. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Just weird to play one year with a new team while never having won a super bowl. You're not going to give it more than one try with the new team? 

Manning played 4 years with the Broncos and Brady 3 with the Bucs. 

Should have played another year and the Colts should have gone on all out to try towin a SB with their veteran QB. 

Rivers may not have had a choice - Ballard may have told him that the team was pursuing other options and that he could return as a backup if he chose to, and he may have chosen to retire instead. At that point, Philip had nothing left to prove and besides, a Superbowl championship is a team accomplishment that coaches & quarterbacks get too much credit (or blame) for.

If Rivers had played in 2021 with the way JT was running the ball and Leonard was creating Turnovers, who knows how far this team may have gone. Wentz held us back in many games in 2021, the last 2 games were a disaster with Wentz and even in wins vs the Pats, Wentz was bad - that was all Taylor and the defense in that win. I think in 2021, we would have went 12-5 with Rivers and we may have snagged that #1 seed. Rivers, IMO, is a Top 25 QB of all-time and he belongs in the Hall of Fame. Reasons why he never won an MVP or a SB is because he had Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Ben Roethlisberger in the same conference for most of his career. Give Rivers, Ben's D in 2008, Rivers would have a SB win.

• Like 1