Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday reveals some crazy info on his time as HC

Restinpeacesweetchloe

25 minutes ago, lester said:

I like Bubba. But he was part of the regime. You can't accept a report on the regime from a person who is part of the regime.

If the goal was to win a few more games, Bubba would have been the right choice. If the goal was to triage the whole organization, it had to be an outsider. It had to be an outsider who was trusted. That is a very small group to choose from.

Bubba could not have given Irsay the trusted Leadership nor viewpoints that the Team desperately needed, and that the CEO had to have. This made sence from day one. That it didn't meet modern day "group think" standards is a credit to Irsays final decision. Saturdays rha rha positive energy and accountability measures were imperative to finishing the season. 

Aaron Rodgers yesterday spoke eloquently about this on McAfee yesterday.

ANYONE that still can't comprehend this is beyond hope.

Bubba, oh Bubba, we need Bubba. Get a Clue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lester said:

I like Bubba. But he was part of the regime. You can't accept a report on the regime from a person who is part of the regime.

If the goal was to win a few more games, Bubba would have been the right choice. If the goal was to triage the whole organization, it had to be an outsider. It had to be an outsider who was trusted. That is a very small group to choose from.

I get the intent but dont think it was worth it and we lost him over this.  It wasnt complicated, Frank needed to go and Jeff isnt an nfl head coach

On 12/5/2023 at 4:41 PM, RollerColt said:

Pat on his show has repeatedly talked about how bad Reich let things get by 2022. Players late or completely missing meetings, taking bets, bad practices… 

The culture was poisoned. No way around it. 

Just shows how stupid the Panthers were in hiring him.......same organization that got rid of Cam and Christian McCafferty! 

But to their credit they seen the mistake and Fired him in season. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DougDew said:

I watched the video and didn't hear or pick up on many of the things being said here.  I don't think Saturday said much at all, other than Bradley was a good DC.

I picked up on alot of what Jeff threw down 

1) Steichen has brass cojones /makes good decisions

2) Reggie Wayne has them receivers playing 

3) Josh Downs is super smart 

4) Props to Gus Bradley like you said 

5) Mentioned Kato June being great 

6) Colts and Bills O-line is underrated... Philly O-Line cut from a different cloth 

7) Mentioned Mike (I believe Mitchell -another coach) not caring about today's rules.....just trying to decleat people lol 

Mad props to Jeff Saturday for letting all the hate roll off of him and being an all around good dude. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

I picked up on alot of what Jeff threw down 

1) Steichen has brass cojones /makes good decisions

2) Reggie Wayne has them receivers playing 

3) Josh Downs is super smart 

4) Props to Gus Bradley like you said 

5) Mentioned Kato June being great 

6) Colts and Bills O-line is underrated... Philly O-Line cut from a different cloth 

7) Mentioned Mike (I believe Mitchell -another coach) not caring about today's rules.....just trying to decleat people lol 

Mad props to Jeff Saturday for letting all the hate roll off of him and being an all around good dude. 

Ok.  I meant some of the stuff people were attributing to him saying. He didn't really get into the negative stuff folks wanted to hear about last season's team.   Other than saying the obvious like "crazy" or "challenging"

• Like 1