Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Titans are already eliminated but Levis wants to prove he is better than what people say, to build on something as a rookie. I think the Titans still go all out. 

Levis is hurt, and this week it might be Ryan Tannehill vs Seattle. I expect the titans to play hard throughout. At least they are home for the final game vs Jags

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Worst thing for colts is bills and Miami both finish with 6 losses and Bills win the division.  Not sure if thst puts colts out of playoffs with 6 losses but it does mean they can’t afford another loss. This scenario is very likely with bills and dolphins schedules.

I don't think it's possible for the Colts to go 11-6 and miss the playoffs. At lease, not with any of the scenarios I put into the ESPN playoff machine. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, coltsva said:

I don't think it's possible for the Colts to go 11-6 and miss the playoffs. At lease, not with any of the scenarios I put into the ESPN playoff machine. 

I got the following with (8) teams finishing 11-6(all that's possible) or better.(including Jacksonville, so they won division)

The Colts were the 6 seed and Bengals were only 11-6 or better team left out.

***Had the link for it, but got messed up somehow.

Just now, w87r said:

I got the following with (8) teams finishing 11-6 or better.(including Jacksonville, so they won division)

The Colts were the 6 seed and Bengals were only 11-6 or better team left out.

***Had the link for it, but got messed up somehow.

It's all about conference record tiebreaker. If Miami & Buffalo finish at 11-6 they will have split their two games, both be 4-2 division, but Miami will have better conference record. 

Assuming Browns, Bengals, Colts are also 11-6, it looks like Bills are out. 

5 minutes ago, coltsva said:

It's all about conference record tiebreaker. If Miami & Buffalo finish at 11-6 they will have split their two games, both be 4-2 division, but Miami will have better conference record. 

Depends what losses the Dolphins have, if they lose 2 AFC games and beat the Cowboys, they will have the same conference record(7-5).

Moving it down to common opponents.

All I know is in the scenario I ran through.

Jags(division winners)

Browns

Colts

Bills(can't remember which one won the East)

Dolphins(same as above)

Bengals

Were all 11-6 and Bengals missed the playoffs. Most likely because their conference record will only be 6-6(best they can do)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coltsva said:

If Miami & Buffalo both finish at 11-6, then Buffalo wins the division due to a head to head sweep of Miami.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

If Miami & Buffalo both finish at 11-6, then Buffalo wins the division due to a head to head sweep of Miami.

That’s true, so I’m not sure why it showed Miami still winning the division. I may have input a result incorrectly. 

12 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Levis is hurt, and this week it might be Ryan Tannehill vs Seattle. I expect the titans to play hard throughout. At least they are home for the final game vs Jags

imo players always try to do their best, they want good contracts, the better they play the better the pay

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IndyEV said:

Then why was the line favored for Atl?The last time I checked Atl was -2. Vegas changed that line for some unknown reason yesterday, so they must know something is up!?

lol, they don’t know anything other than what information comes in, which is usually an uninformed and gambling addicted public placing bets. Roster moves can swing a line, but the majority of line swinging is simply equalizing bets that have poured in. 

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lawrence was limited today so I doubt he plays without a full practice. Not even sure how he would clear without a full practice.

It doesn’t look like a full practice is a requirement.  Just an independent clearance.  I’m sure they have the doctor ready to go.

• Like 1

Big AFC games this week:

#1 Ravens @ 49ers(NFC #1 seed)

Cowboys(NFC #2 seed) @ #2 Dolphins

#12 Raiders @ #3 Chiefs

#4 Jaguars @ Buccaneers(NFC #4 seed)

#8 Texans @ #5 Browns

#6 Bengals @ #10 Steelers

#7 Colts @ Falcons(NFC #10 seed)

#9 Bills @ #13 Chargers

#16 Patriots @ #11 Broncos 

Kind of wild that 3 of top 4, with the same conference seedings play each other this week. 1v1, 2v2, 4v4

Need all 3 of those NFC teams to win, of course coupled with a Falcons loss.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, w87r said:

Big AFC games this week:

#1 Ravens @ 49ers(NFC #1 seed)

Cowboys(NFC #2 seed) @ #2 Dolphins

#12 Raiders @ #3 Chiefs

#4 Jaguars @ Buccaneers(NFC #4 seed)

#8 Texans @ #5 Browns

#6 Bengals @ #10 Steelers

#7 Colts @ Falcons(NFC #10 seed)

#9 Bills @ #13 Chargers

#16 Patriots @ #11 Broncos 

Kind of wild that 3 of top 4, with the same conference seedings play each other this week. 1v1, 2v2, 4v4

Need all 3 of those NFC teams to win, of course coupled with a Falcons loss.

Seeing who gets the number one seed will be interesting. Ravens and dolphins both have it tough. Chiefs still have a very good chance at that one seed.

Colds just need to beat falcons. Everyone is so close no room for error. Hopefully Steelers can get it together and beat Bengals today. There is no hope for a chargers win.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seeing who gets the number one seed will be interesting. Ravens and dolphins both have it tough. Chiefs still have a very good chance at that one seed.

Colds just need to beat falcons. Everyone is so close no room for error. Hopefully Steelers can get it together and beat Bengals today. There is no hope for a chargers win.

Chiefs definitely have a real shot at the #1 seed.

I'm going to hold out just a little hope that Easton can pull off a win again the Bills, and I'll Stick with that for now.

Steelers beating the Bengals can happen easily as well. Hopefully we at least go 1-1 today in results that help the Colts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Chiefs definitely have a real shot at the #1 seed.

I'm going to hold out just a little hope that Easton can pull off a win again the Bills, and I'll Stick with that for now.

Steelers beating the Bengals can happen easily as well. Hopefully we at least go 1-1 today in results that help the Colts.

Bosa is out too.