Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 8 All Around the NFL Game Thread

2006Coltsbestever

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

So unfair…

I guess if the season goes south they may want to shut Jefferson down.

Some have wondered that. This year is so weird. Too many injuries to QBs. Cousins had never missed a game since he started playing, I believe.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@w87r   Your wish has come true. (Just kidding.) We lost Cousins for the rest of the year. As the Athletic wrote, Cousins has played his best football of the season these last two games. We were beginning to get optimistic.

Oh well. Maybe next year.

That's not my wish. I wish nothing but the best for Kirk. 

I was actually thinking the complete opposite, Vikings fans wishes came true.

• Like 2

Brock Purdy looks like Brock Turdy 3 weeks in a row now. 49ers aren't doing anything with that QB. Jimmy G > Brock Purdy. Look at Jimmy's record and the QB's he has beat in the playoffs, he got them to a SB and nearly won vs the Chiefs. As great as the 49ers FO has been, they have outsmarted themselves on this one. Go Lions in the NFC! They just wanted Jimmy gone, hell they even traded a slew of draft picks for Lance. Maybe Jimmy pee'd in Lynch's coffee. 

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Has there ever been THIS many rookies to play all in one season before? This is nuts…

Young

Stroud

Richardson

Levis

Hall

O’Connell

Thompson-Robinson 

Bennett

I forgot that Bagent from Shepherd University is starting for the Bears today. That is a lot of rookie QBs starting NFL games. That is about 33% of teams, if you include Tommy DeVito for the Giants.

• Like 1

@Solid84  I wonder if the Broncos will trade away players after beating the Chiefs. Jeudy scored at least one TD. Surtain may be too good and too young to trade.

On the other hand, are fans looking to trade for a pass rusher? With Cousins out for the year and JJ still on IR, we may trade Danielle Hunter. He has 10 sacks and 3 forced fumbles. I would rather keep him. I'm a big fan. I wonder how Colts fans like him. He is a 9-year vet but is only 28 or 29.

Edit: Hunter is 29 today. Happy Birthday, Danielle!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

@Solid84  I wonder if the Broncos will trade away players after beating the Chiefs. Jeudy scored at least one TD. Surtain may be too good and too young to trade.

On the other hand, are fans looking to trade for a pass rusher? With Cousins out for the year and JJ still on IR, we may trade Danielle Hunter. He has 10 sacks and 3 forced fumbles. I would rather keep him. I'm a big fan. I wonder how Colts fans like him. He is a 9-year vet but is only 28 or 29.

Edit: Hunter is 29 today. Happy Birthday, Danielle!

I think they do. I bet they are happy they won - as they should be, but I heard Mahomes had the flu, so I wouldn’t go reading too much into it if I were them. 

I wouldn’t trade Surtain if it was my call, but stranger things have happened and I really want him to be a Colt. haha

Hunter has been a great player for years now in my opinion. I do think the Colts would be looking to go younger if they were in the market for a DE though. 

I’d like to see a trade before the deadline, but I just don’t see it happening. Evaluation year and Ballard holding back. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Right?!! How did he miss that? Was that Moore that could not hold the ball?

Bagent is a son's kid. He looks really poised.

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

The guy who slipped in the end zone wants another chance at that play I think. 

Bagent does a lot of things right. 

Yeah I was talking about the play before the dropped TD pass. Bagent threw it right where it absolutely needed to be. 

Besides the TD drop this drive is going well for the Bears. 

• Like 2

Just now, RollerColt said:

Yeah I was talking about the play before the dropped TD pass. Bagent threw it right where it absolutely needed to be. 

Besides the TD drop this drive is going well for the Bears. 

I think I missed that previous play to Moore but Bagent has made good plays. He looks so comfortable there.

• Like 1

Mahomes and the Chiefs offense have looked more bad than good this year, bailed out by the D more often. However as the year goes on, Ds slow down, other offenses are in rhythm and Mahomes has to elevate his play. Even when he had time he looked lost not knowing where to go with the ball. They’re going to have a tough time beating the Eagles and Bengals, book it.

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Darynton Evans! 

@VikingsFanInChennai   I drafted Darynton Evans in a low round (5th or so) in one of the Gavin Mock Drafts. I think it was the same one in which I drafted CB Amik Robertson. Those Mock Drafts help me remember players.

Yes, he stole that TD away from my fantasy player Foreman though :) Was Evans backing up Henry all those years? I think he was stuck in the depth chart behind an elite RB and never got to showcase his skills so far. 

P

Who is Johnston on the Chargers? Was he drafted high? I don't think I know him.

He was picked before Addison, I believe. It's cool 4 teams picked WRs in succession, and Vikings got the guy at the last spot. 

I'm impressed by Bagent.

He was not rated well in the draft, probably due to being from lower division but there was much hype among the fans. Good he got chances in rookie year itself. And with Levis, DTR, Aiden O'Connell and Jaren Hall, it looks like this is the unique NFL season where around 9 rookie QBs (to my memory) have got to play for lengthy periods of a regular season game!

Has it ever happened in the NFL? I bet not, other than when many NFL teams played their inaugural seasons together. 

• Like 1