Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 8 All Around the NFL Game Thread

2006Coltsbestever

• 2006Coltsbestever changed the title to 2023 Week 8 All Around the NFL Game Thread
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks for putting it up. I'm so tired. I went to eat at an Indian restaurant and forgot there is a game tonight. Lol. Going home now.

Enjoy the game!

No problem. I am off most Thursday nights and was just here and seen it wasn't posted. I had Pizza tonight from Noble Romans - Deep Dish, Pep and Sausage :thmup:

• Thanks 1

17-10 at the Half. Bills to me look like a team this year that will be a playoff team but something is missing. I doubt they even make it to the AFC Title Game. I picked the Ravens to win the SB before the season, as of now I can see them and the Chiefs in the AFC Title Game but it is still early. Injuries can happen and so forth. You can never count out Cincy either with Joe Cool.

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

NFL+ is laggy for me.

I haven't had 1 problem since I got Xfinity back on September 8th except during the Titans at Colts game. No lagging, no blurred-up screen as in freezing, nothing wrong with my Internet either. When the Titans and Colts played, I think that was a CBS problem though. As of now I still have ESPN 1 and ESPN 2, The Cubs channel (MSN), the Pacers channel (BSIN), NFL Network channel, NBA channel, MLB channel, TBS, TNT, TruTV, A&E, Weather Channel, CNN news channel, FOX news channel, CBS, FOX, WTHR, ABC, + high speed internet. I am only paying 199.99 a month. TruTV has stuff like the Impractical Jokers on it, A&E has the First 48 - that is good. TBS and TNT has some good older movies on it but it is necessary to have for the NBA = TNT, and NCAA Basketball Tourney as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bills win 24-18. 

Bills won for sure. Did you notice all the penalties on the hail Mary at the end, that wasn't called? Bet all of them would have been called on the Colts...lmao Sorry I'm still butt hurt over last weekend..☺️

8 minutes ago, EasyE said:

Bills won for sure. Did you notice all the penalties on the hail Mary at the end, that wasn't called? Bet all of them would have been called on the Colts...lmao Sorry I'm still butt hurt over last weekend..☺️

I am beyond butthurt after last week. A win will help on Sunday but I am still nauseated with what took place. I have never seen anything like that, where 2 bad calls happened in a row.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am beyond butthurt after last week. A win will help on Sunday but I am still nauseated with what took place. I have never seen anything like that, where 2 bad calls happened in a row.

Game should have been over when Colts got that fumble recovery. I think NFL needs to start investigating the Refs a bit more on sports gambling. JMO

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, EasyE said:

Game should have been over when Colts got that fumble recovery. I think NFL needs to start investigating the Refs a bit more on sports gambling. JMO

I thought it was over. Then Spero said there is a flag down, even after we recovered the ball. I was thinking 'WHAT FOR'! I couldn't figure it out and the REFS even took a minute. I was thinking they will pick the flag up and we get to 4-3, hell of win. Then the nonsense started to kick in. They called another one after that, that Yao Ming wouldn't have a chance to catch. I am venting now but it was awful!

• NFLfan featured and pinned this topic
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Lots of QB injuries:

Cousins -- may be out for the season

Tyrod Taylor -- rib injury, Tommy DeVito was the 3rd string QB

Pickett -- replaced by Trubisky

Stafford hurt, I don't know who replaced him.

Stetson Bennett is the Rams backup QB, he’s the best of the backups amongst teams you mentioned 

• Thanks 1

Now that Chloe is vomit posting their agenda all over the regular forum I’ll probably just chill in this area for awhile. 

Lots of good games today. 

19 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lots of QB injuries:

Cousins -- may be out for the season

Tyrod Taylor -- rib injury, Tommy DeVito was the 3rd string QB

Pickett -- replaced by Trubisky

Stafford hurt, I don't know who replaced him.

Good lord I missed Cousins getting hurt! What the heck happened?!

12 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I was not watching but on a third down play, he seemed to sustain a non-contact lower leg injury. Those who saw it said it looked bad. They thought it was an Achilles injury.

Stafford, Ridder, Tyrod Taylor, and Pickett were also hurt.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was not watching but on a third down play, he seemed to sustain a non-contact lower leg injury. Those who saw it said it looked bad. They thought it was an Achilles injury.

Stafford, Ridder, Tyrod Taylor, and Pickett were also hurt.

So more mediocre backup QB play for next weekend…

I guess it’s a good thing I traded Jefferson away in fantasy. 

There is someone on the game thread calling me a troll for putting up a poll question about tanking and for mentioning how Levis was doing during the game. (I am not a Levis fan but we had been talking about him during the week.)

I don't think he knows what a troll is.

But anyway, so that I do not think so hard, I encourage you all to give me poll questions for the next game thread. Colts will play Carolina.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

There is someone on the game thread calling me a troll for putting up a poll question about tanking and for mentioning how Levis was doing during the game. 

But anyway, so that I do not think so hard, I encourage you all to give me poll questions for the next game thread. Colts will play Carolina.

Thats not how trolling works. 

You’re asking for opinions to open up discussion, not elicit negative responses. Besides to be a troll you would have to drop your comment and then disappear. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

You got some good players.

I was very confused to be honest.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

This is from the Athletic:

Facing a third-and-19 in the fourth quarter at Lambeau Field, Cousins dropped back to pass. At the top of his drop, feeling the pressure, his leg contorted wrongly. He tried to climb the pocket but stumbled immediately to the ground.

Following the play, Cousins attempted to walk off. He couldn’t apply pressure to his right leg. He hobbled a couple of times, then began hopping on his own off the field. He beelined to the bench. Trainers surrounded him. Head coach Kevin O’Connell and quarterbacks coach Chris O’Hara come over to check on Cousins. He continuously pointed down at his right leg. Cousins then visited the medical tent and was carted off into the locker room.

https://theathletic.com/5009721/2023/10/29/kirk-cousins-injury-vikings-packers?source=user-shared-article

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

There is someone on the game thread calling me a troll for putting up a poll question about tanking and for mentioning how Levis was doing during the game. (I am not a Levis fan but we had been talking about him during the week.)

Do you want him - Angry Homer Simpson GIF by FOX TVto get involved? hehe

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Has there ever been THIS many rookies to play all in one season before? This is nuts…

Young

Stroud

Richardson

Levis

Hall

O’Connell

Thompson-Robinson 

Bennett

And Tommy DeVito for the Giants (today).