Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Browns post game reactions

GoColts8818

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Today proved this team has the talent to win a lot of games.  This one today denied only by the refs against the supposedly best defense in the league.  Hopefully they shake it off quickly and get ready for the Saints.  I think the wins are going to start coming.  The team is heading in the right direction.  Just need to move on and stay the course.  

I hate to lose, but competitive losses like this one (ref shenanigans & Minshew turnovers aside) are what you like to see from a young team. We've got a talented young team that will be really good in the next couple of years.

• Like 4

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Taylor looks very healthy and it’s nice to have him back. He is going to rip some long TD runs before the season is over.

Yes I think we are going to be happy with that extension before much longer.  

Ballard is going to have some hard calls to make in free agency this off-season:

Minshew

Stewertt 

Pittman

Moore

Moss

Rigo (okay keeping a punter won’t be THAT hard)

Lewis

Blackmon

Bryan

Thats in no particular order.  

some of those will be easier decisions than others.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Ballard is going to have some hard calls to make in free agency this off-season:

Minshew

Stewertt 

Pittman

Moore

Moss

Lewis

Blackmon

Bryan

Pittman Moore Blackmon Stewart I think are must signs. Lewis won’t cost a ton so can probably keo him if he stays healthy.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Johnson.

Hope he is ok. Much better then Bryan. Lewis did ok too.

Man watching Miami vs Phily

Miami went for it fourth down and the WR had his facemask grabbed mid play.  No flag.  Yet Baker and Cooper run into each other on play where there wasn’t even a pass and a flag.

I know the NFL won’t do anything because fans are going to watch regardless but I really wish they would work on consistency with the officials.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Miami went for it fourth down and the WR had his facemask grabbed mid play.  No flag.  Yet Baker and Cooper run into each other on play where there wasn’t even a pass and a flag.

I know the NFL won’t do anything because fans are going to watch regardless but I really wish they would work on consistency with the officials.

And we just had the NFL equivalent of ball don’t lie lol.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Dang 

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Minshew

Stewertt 

Pittman

Moore

Moss

Lewis

Blackmon

Bryan

I’m keeping Stewart and Moore for sure. Blackmon as well. Moss is in the if I can afford it category, Pittman, I like him as personality and the juice but he’s good for a couple plays a game, then will disappear until garbage time. I think his production can be found cheaper in the draft if not exceeded in the draft

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Minshew

Stewertt 

Pittman

Moore

Moss

Lewis

Blackmon

Bryan

Looks like we can probably get Grove at a discount.   Blackmon has been balling. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I believe this is a fair review of the Ballard record. Some very good decisions; some real stinkers. And a home run here and there. 
I also agree that the premium positions in today’s NFL have not been effectively addressed by Ballard. WR1; CB1;  LT; DE; and  until last draft, QB. 
And, because Ballard relies so heavily on the draft, his consistent trading back from decent spots in round 1 to pick up extra second rounders has had mixed results at best. You’d better be extra good at finding the hidden gems when you pass on players who could fill those premium positions you haven’t yet filled. Unfortunately, Ballard’s results in round 2 have often been disappointing. 

That said, he’s also had some big hits, and it does feel like the team is belatedly headed in a good direction. So the Ballard record is a mixed bag that still has a couple of chapters left to define it. He isn’t going anywhere this year; next season, however, the GM seat could get very warm if the Colts miss the playoffs once again. 

Absolutely agree! Ballard drafts quantity over quality. It irritates me that he trades down on potential difference makers versus just guys. 

One other point on today’s game. If they have such a good roster as some on here believe, how do they lose at home against P J Walker? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

does the nfl check the refs for gambling habits

• Like 3

Just now, Blueblood23 said:

Absolutely agree! Ballard drafts quantity over quality. It irritates me that he trades down on potential difference makers versus just guys. 

One other point on today’s game. If they have such a good roster as some on here believe, how do they lose at home against P J Walker? 

Gardner Minshew is the answer you’re searching for.  There’s a reason he doesn’t win games in the NFL.  He’ll make things look respectable but ensure you’re drafting high in the draft the next season. 

5 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

Based on the rule, the point that needs to be made is the defender has to initiate contact. That didn’t happen. Receiver ran into the defender

My question is, didn’t that contact occur as or just after the strip sack started?  If so, the contact should’ve been moot, no penalty.  The PI call was ridiculous ... it was PI, but not an infraction because in no world was that a catchable ball if the contact had not occurred.

The bigger issue, though, was the total bungling of the last two minutes at the end of the first half.  Ten points because of utter stupidity!  It was an outrage.  As the first of those possessions occurred, I said, run it to JT, let’s see if he can get the first down, then if so, THEN you think about going for more. Otherwise though, you gotta love where you’re at, so just be conservative to close out a very successful half, without creating a disaster.  Instead, disaster, not once, but twice. <FACE PALM>

Steichen has to do better.

Just now, rockywoj said:

My question i, didn’t that contact occur as or just after the strip sack started?  If so, the contact should’ve been moot, no penalty.  The PI call was ridiculous .

. it was PI, but not an infraction because in no world was that a catchable ball if the contact had not occurred.

The bigger issue, though, was the total bungling of the last two minutes at the end of the first half.  Ten points because of utter stupidity!  It was an outrage.

That fumbled happened quick by speed. Sure seemed it happened after the fumble.

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Gardner Minshew is the answer you’re searching for.  There’s a reason he doesn’t win games in the NFL.  He’ll make things look respectable but ensure you’re drafting high in the draft the next season. 

If that’s the case then why is he on the roster?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think his suspension will have any effect on what he gets paid. Grove is lucky and has been here long enough to build up good will. 

You don’t think a player coming off a 6 game suspension for PED’s is gonna have his next contract affected by that suspension?  I don’t see how it can’t be affected. 

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m keeping Stewart and Moore for sure. Blackmon as well. Moss is in the if I can afford it category, Pittman, I like him as personality and the juice but he’s good for a couple plays a game, then will disappear until garbage time. I think his production can be found cheaper in the draft if not exceeded in the draft

Dare I say Moore might be the number one priority?  He has really regained his form this year.  He was second on tackles today and had three tackles for loss which is unheard of for a corner back!  

id feel better letting Pittman walk if Pierce showed you anything.  I am not comfortable going into next season with Downs the only proven WR on the roster for Richardson after missing Almost all of his rookie year.  

Stewart I’d like to keep but I wonder if he just gets caught up by math.

Minshew and Moss probably comes down to what do other teams see them as?  If someone is willing to pay them as a starter you have to let them walk.  If they are seen as backups I’d try to keep them.  

Rigo I’d keep and he’s a punter he will be cheap.

Id take the same approach to Blackmon they have to Lewis the past few years.  One year deal to make sure he’s not just having a great contract year.  You also have Cross back there if he doesn’t come back.  

Id like to keep Lewis he will be cheap and is a good plug and play guy.  He will never be a star guy but he’s a winning football player who makes things happen.

1 minute ago, Blueblood23 said:

If that’s the case then why is he on the roster?

Because he’s a good backup who’s been thrust into the lineup.  We have one of the weakest schedules in the league. If he’s ever gonna start winning in this league, this year is the best chance he’s gonna get at doing so.  I just don’t see it happening.  Not enough for us to make the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That fumbled happened quick by speed. Sure seemed it happened after the fumble.

They never showed a replay like NBC just did where they showed the QB in the pocket on one side and what was going on down the field with the WR in the other.  As much as I don’t like Collinsworth NBC has bar none the best NFL product going.

3 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

You don’t think a player coming off a 6 game suspension for PED’s is gonna have his next contract affected by that suspension?  I don’t see how it can’t be affected. 

Probably depends on how he plays after the suspension.  If he plays the way he did before and is “clean” someone will pay him.

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Because he’s a good backup who’s been thrust into the lineup.  We have one of the weakest schedules in the league. If he’s ever gonna start winning in this league, this year is the best chance he’s gonna get at doing so.  I just don’t see it happening.  Not enough for us to make the playoffs. 

They could have had Trubisky for 1 or 2 million I believe. Not a fan of his, but he has won about 55% of the games he’s started. 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

They never showed a replay like NBC just did where they showed the QB in the pocket on one side and what was going on down the field with the WR in the other.  As much as I don’t like Collinsworth NBC has bar none the best NFL product going.

Did it reveal that the strip sack was in progress?  What was the NBC commentary on the play?

Edit:  oh wait, you mean an anology of the current game vs the Colts game earlier.   Sorry, my misinterpretation.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Probably depends on how he plays after the suspension.  If he plays the way he did before and is “clean” someone will pay him.

He’s gonna get a contract. Just probably not at the level pre suspension.  Really opens the door for us to keep him without having to overpay. 

3 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

They could have had Trubisky for 1 or 2 million I believe. Not a fan of his, but he has won about 55% of the games he’s started. 

Trubisky gets a lot of hate but he took an average Bears team to the playoffs and was a double doinked 30 yard field goal from winning a playoff game.  He’s definitely a better QB than Minshew.  Minshew just knows the offense and was a better mentor for AR. 

I didn't watch and went golfing instead for the second straight week since Mineshew has inherited the QB position from the injured phenom, AR5. 

So is that like 8 or so turnovers from Minshew in the last two games? 

I was hoping things would be different this season but it seems the season has turned into the same ole same ole I've been talking about for years and years.....unfortunately for colt fans. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

No I don’t think it will. There might be some thibfs within the contract in case it happens again but I do not think it will effect his money. Steichen kind of already put a rest to not supporting him.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No I don’t think it will. There might be some thibfs within the contract in case it happens again but I do not think it will effect his money. Steichen kind of already put a rest to not supporting him.

Did you expect him to throw a beloved teammate like Grove under the bus?

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I didn't watch and went golfing instead for the second straight week since Mineshew has inherited the QB position from the injured phenom, AR5. 

So is that like 8 or so turnovers from Minshew in the last two games? 

I was hoping things would be different this season but it seems the season has turned into the same ole same ole I've been talking about for years and years.....unfortunately for colt fans. 

It’s defintely not the same team as last year. But this is still the same elements there with turnovers.