Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

If the colts do trade Taylor, I will not watch the pressor because I don't want to hear their explanation, their to attempt at rectifying, or my personal favorite we did what was best for the Indianapolis Colts. This whole thing is being handled completely unprofessionally by both parties and what's even worse is you invested a high second round pick on a player you traded up to get for a position that teams don't value. Just completely bush league 

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

If the colts do trade Taylor, I will not watch the pressor because I don't want hear their explanation, their rectifying, or we did what was best for the Indianapolis Colts. This whole thing is being handled completely unprofessionally by both parties and what's even worse is you invested a high second round pick on a player you traded up to get for a position that teams don't value. Just completely bush league 

Not really.   Taylor is the one at fault if he is faking an injury.  I can't see a fault from the Colts at all

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not really.   Taylor is the one at fault if he is faking an injury.  I can't see a fault from the Colts at all

So the colts doctors are lying too? Because they are the ones that say he failed his physical 

Just now, Superman said:

If Taylor goes to his physical and claims he still has serious ankle pain, what should the Colts doctors do? 

It's not Taylor's call. You get imaging done to see if the ankle is healed. You think the colts would just base an injury on the players here say?

Just now, jvan1973 said:

An MRI doesn't quantify pain.   The MRI could be clean and he could still have pain

Nothing quantifies pain, but it's still not Taylor's call. If the doctor clears him, then he clears him. 

Just now, CR91 said:

It's not Taylor's call. You get imaging done to see if the ankle is healed. You think the colts would just base an injury on the players here say?

If he says it hurts,   how do you prove that it doesn't?

Just now, CR91 said:

Nothing quantifies pain, but it's still not Taylor's call. If the doctor clears him, then he clears him. 

I don't think that is correct.   If he says it hurts, they have to take that as fact

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

given the scrutiny that NFL doctors are under you are kidding yourself if you think they will clear a guy who says he’s still in pain.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Sounds like you'd try to force him to practice/play, even though he's telling the team he's hurt and not ready. Is that a fair conclusion?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

given the scrutiny that NFL doctors are under you are kidding yourself if you think they will clear a guy who says he’s still in pain.  

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Sounds like you'd try to force him to practice/play, even though he's telling the team he's hurt and not ready. Is that a fair conclusion?

So your assumption is Taylor is faking. Why would the colts keep him on PUP then? Being on PUP means their still paying him. If the doctors clear him, but he refuses to participate then they can fine him. Why hasn't that happened?

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

An MRI doesn't quantify pain.   The MRI could be clean and he could still have pain

That is a 1000000 percent truth. My right knee has pain and even gives out noticeably just walking yet the MRIs show no structure damage. 

Just now, CR91 said:

So you're assumption is Taylor is faking. Why would the colts keep him on PUP then? Being on PUP means their still paying him. If the doctors clear him, but he refuses to participate then they can fine him. Why hasn't that happened?

It’s been addressed over and over in this thread

• Like 1

Just now, CR91 said:

So you're assumption is Taylor is faking. Why would the colts keep him on PUP then? Being on PUP means their still paying him. If the doctors clear him, but he refuses to participate then they can fine him. Why hasn't that happened?

Probably because he is coming off a surgery and the doctors can't prove if it still hurts or not.   Pretty simple

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

That is a 1000000 percent truth. My right knee has pain and even gives out noticeably just walking yet the MRIs show no structure damage. 

It’s been addressed over and over in this thread

I have an ankle issue that the MRI shows no issues.   I know it hurts if I'm on my feet for an hour though

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Superman said:

Would you take a 2024 second and a 2024 third? To me, that's the same thing.

Yes. Simply because that gives us more ammo to reload quicker to help AR develop, which we greatly need.  

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I have an ankle issue that the MRI shows no issues.   I know it hurts if I'm on my feet for an hour though

Yeah mine is visible too. My patella tendon twitches after it gives out to where anyone looking at it can see it

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

So your assumption is Taylor is faking. Why would the colts keep him on PUP then? Being on PUP means their still paying him. If the doctors clear him, but he refuses to participate then they can fine him. Why hasn't that happened?

Because they don’t really have a choice.  He hasn’t passed a physical so there is no reason to take him off PUP because then he counts against the active roster and still isn’t practicing.  Also if you take him off PUP you have to let him talk to the media and if you think it’s been a circus up to now you haven’t see anything yet.

I also don’t think the Colts want to fine him because they want him to play this year for them.  Not taking him at his word and activating him just to fine him pretty much burns that bridge to the ground.

It doesn’t matter if you, me, Ballard, or anyone else thinks he’s faking.  It matters what they can prove.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

For the purposes of this discussion, I'm not assuming anything. I'm taking him at his word, and putting him on PUP. (Another option, if the team wants to be confrontational, is to put him on NFI. That's a whole different discussion.)

The alternative is that you activate him, then fine him for not practicing. And then he can go to the media and say that you're trying to force him to play even though he's not physically ready. And the NFLPA can file a grievance, etc. And this already unpleasant situation becomes even more noisy and acrimonious. What would you have gained?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

****disclaimer, not official news

Does Destin know something, he has proven to me to at least have some hind of something. Lol. Or just throwing something out there?

Anyway, yay or nay?

If seeing random projected trades is bothering anyone let me know.

I just like seeing what outside parties are throwing around as potential packages. Something to look at and discuss.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Does Destin know something, he has proven to me to at least have some hind of something. Lol. Or just throwing something out there?

Anyway, yay or nay?

I just like seeing what outside parties are throwing around as potential packages. Something to look at and discuss.

No way at all. Not even a starter

• Like 2

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Anyway, yay or nay?

For the first only,  but yes

• Like 1

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Probably because he is coming off a surgery and the doctors can't prove if it still hurts or not.   Pretty simple

You realize that would create a ridiculous precedent moving forward if the players decided if they can play or not? Every player will take minor injury, say they can't play, then sit out and still get paid for it. I don't feel that's the case here. I think Taylor is actually hurt. There's no point keeping him on PUP if he wasn't and I'm pretty sure that's again the rules to put on a non-injured player on PUP.

15 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You think the colts would just base an injury on the players here say?

Yes.  Because the prevailing winds of attitude assumes the players want to play.  They hide injuries to play, not fake them to not play.

BTW, in the case of Leonard, how do doctors prove a concussion?  Can Leonard be faking a concussion by simply reporting concussion like symptoms? 

I'm asking if there are MRIs to prove it, or if they just check "mental responses" and default to the conservative position.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I'd take the future second, and if I wanted I'd move up the third round in 2024. IMO, it's the same value.

Fair enough

Just now, DougDew said:

Yes.  Because the prevailing winds of attitude assumes the players want to play.  They hide injuries to play, not fake them to not play.

BTW, in the case of Leonard, how do doctors prove a concussion?  Can Leonard be faking a concussion by simply reporting concussion like symptoms?

You can see brain swelling and bruising on a CT scan. Lights up like a bright light. 

• Like 1

Just now, CR91 said:

You realize that would create a ridiculous precedent moving forward if the players decided if they can play or not? Every player will take minor injury, say they can't play, then sit out and still get paid for it. I don't feel that's the case here. I think Taylor is actually hurt. There's no point keeping him on PUP if he wasn't and I'm pretty sure that's again the rules to put on a non-injured player on PUP.

Do you really think this has never happened?  You can't prove if a person is experiencing pain

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Anyway, yay or nay?

I’m not including a 3 to my offer of JT.   Too rich for me.   I’m sure many will disagree, and that’s fine.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

For the purposes of this discussion, I'm not assuming anything. I'm taking him at his word, and putting him on PUP. (Another option, if the team wants to be confrontational, is to put him on NFI. That's a whole different discussion.)

The alternative is that you activate him, then fine him for not practicing. And then he can go to the media and say that you're trying to force him to play even though he's not physically ready. And the NFLPA can file a grievance, etc. And this already unpleasant situation becomes even more noisy and acrimonious. What would you have gained?

Here’s a question for you, PUP or IR

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

It's not hard to understand Taylor's motivation for being on PUP through training camp, though. Right? This is the strategy that was discussed during the RB Zoom call just a couple months ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Pretty tough to fake a CT scan.  

• Like 1