Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I doubt it would happen, tbh.

By the way, just a general comment, but the Tuesday deadline was inherent. The Colts either have to trade Taylor, activate him, or put him on PUP for four weeks (and he can't be traded while on regular season PUP). For the Colts, the math changes dramatically at that point, because then it starts affecting their roster strategy and their leverage. So they'll shut down the free-for-all if nothing is agreed to by then, which makes perfect sense and is what we've been saying in this thread since yesterday afternoon.

They could still trade him after Tuesday, though. Assuming he's not on PUP.

The Colts want to start whatever bidding war they can now given the Tuesday timeline.  Other teams want to get their roster settled too.

6 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Positive comments (cheer leading) is a healthy way to go through life.

what is your proof of this?  Positivity is a relatively new philosophy of life and is actually a suburban American creation.  

older cultures don’t stress bias.  They also are not as emotionally invested in that kind of attitude.  

positive thinking led to the nazi plague.  Neville chamberlain and his type could not believe Hitler was a monomaniac and held peace in his time shortly before Hitler and his Allies ravaged humanity and nearly instituted totalitarianism world wide.

o nabob Churchill kept warning them over and over and over.  We must Arm. 

positivity almost had you goose stepping brother.  

6 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Balanced commentary based having some reasonable thinking about pros and cons also reflects better mental health.

Nattering nabobs of negativity more often comes from a below level comprehension of FB reality, often combined with probably some other personality disorder/s.

People in general deal with some differences/odd takes, some keep it in between the lines better. I am Older, and have my own struggles.

A heavy use with Ignore keeps me away from suffering so much with....

Them Kind.

Lots of struggles and ugly coming from all levels, as we need a couple seasons of experience with all these young Uns, and a couple really good drafts and FA periods to hopefully one day again being a top 8 upper echelon. Hoping to live to see it. 

I don’t want a positive bridge builder .  I want one who recognizes and focuses on any possible bridge flaw.

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Maybe, maybe not. 

But in life, in order for something to be gained… something must be lost.

Yeah but normally for a team trying to go all in like Miami is that’s normally draft picks not starting players, especially one who would be key to blocking for your often injured QB and new running back you just acquired.  With that said if Miami has a kid waiting in the wings at guard they might consider it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

How about:

Bears - Taylor, Moore, 2025 3rd

Colts - 1st(Car)

CHI is rebuilding and I don't see them giving up a 1st for anything we offer.  They may want to double up Fields/JT, but not give away the future to do it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah but normally for a team trying to go all in like Miami is that’s normally draft picks not starting players, especially one who would be key to blocking for your often injured QB and new running back you just acquired.  With that said if Miami has a kid waiting in the wings at guard they might consider it.

I agree. Though I think the Colts are going to be tough on this. We absolutely should not be just giving this guy away. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The two teams that made offers probably didn’t meet colts standard of a deal would be done.

Tampering 

I sure hope the Colts will be inquiring the league conduct investigation once this thing is over. Hell, use the threat of it to get the 1st you want.

23 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I mean, I like it, but I really doubt we're getting 2 players AND 2 picks.

Mostert is more of a throw in.

You can leave him out for sure.

But yeah, probably get to 1st round value with that.

I'm just going off what is rumored the Colts are asking for. I don't anticipate them being to flexible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

what is your proof of this?  Positivity is a relatively new philosophy of life and is actually a suburban American creation.  

older cultures don’t stress bias.  They also are not as emotionally invested in that kind of attitude.  

I think focusing on the negative helps to address and solve problems and get better....which in turn reduces stress.  Focusing on the positive merely makes you feel good while the stress builds underneath.    Generalizing of course.

51 minutes ago, Superman said:

To serve what purpose, though? Unless Richardson is outstanding this season, I think we're a 6-7 win team at best, even with Taylor. Maybe we have a higher ceiling in 2024, but we also have ways of replacing Taylor's production next offseason.

I think, from a resource management standpoint, trading him now is an acceptable move. I'd be fine with tagging him next year, but we're seeing a preview of how that would go right now; I have little doubt that he'd decline to sign the tender, not report for camp, and then who knows what we get during the season. If we could get a 2nd rounder and change (maybe a player?) for him now, that's a good recoup. It also gives us some additional ammo as we go into what should be a pivotal offseason in 2024.

And that's setting aside questions of whether he's healthy or not.

Okay, prove it.

The league will have to do an investigation and prove it. It's not like they haven't been able to in the past. Hell, the Dolphins were one of the teams with high picks taken away for tampering.

12 minutes ago, Nickster said:

positive thinking led to the nazi plague.  Neville chamberlain and his type could not believe Hitler was a monomaniac and held peace in his time shortly before Hitler and his Allies ravaged humanity and nearly instituted totalitarianism world wide.

o nabob Churchill kept warning them over and over and over.  We must Arm. 

positivity almost had you goose stepping brother.  

I don’t want a positive bridge builder .  I want one who recognizes and focuses on any possible bridge flaw.

The Egyptians were pretty positive in their outlooks of life and afterlife. And they made it over 4,000 years in existence. 

You don’t have to be positive all the time, but being negative all the time will make you just as sick mentally and physically. Cautious optimism is where it’s at.

As for the Germans? They were fueled by anger and resentment more than anything. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I agree. Though I think the Colts are going to be tough on this. We absolutely should not be just giving this guy away. 

Yeah I don’t think they will.  If no one meets their price I am guessing they will just tell Taylor play or sit on pup and continue to lower your value.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Would they be willing to trade Hunt.

Idk?

But there was a report about player and pick package or something right?

Looking at their roster he stands out as someone that is a need for us, and someone that I can't see fitting into their future, as Hunt is FA next year and they are already way over the cap.

So? Idk? I would lean more towards the yes, if a player is involved.

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

CHI is rebuilding and I don't see them giving up a 1st for anything we offer.  They may want to double up Fields/JT, but not give away the future to do it.

Me either that was just a parody trade

No way I would give up that pick if I was them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Egyptians were pretty positive in their outlooks of life and afterlife. And they made it over 4,000 years in existence. 

You don’t have to be positive all the time, but being negative all the time will make you just as sick mentally and physically. Cautious optimism is where it’s at.

As for the Germans? They were fueled by anger and resentment more than anything. 

Which class of Egyptians are you referring to?  The suburban ones or the ones in the salt mines.

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

The league will have to do an investigation and prove it. It's not like they haven't been able to in the past. Hell, the Dolphins were one of the teams with high picks taken away for tampering.

Yeah but given how quick they were come to out when there was even a rumor that Washington was tampering with a well retired Luck I am sure the Colts would have brought it to the leagues attention by now if they thought that was going on.

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I was talking about the British attitude about what was in reality happening in Germany. The German Nazi philosophy was super positive though.  They were Uber confident and had big plans. 

51 minutes ago, w87r said:

Also like I listed above, I feel there is no doubt Hunt will/would be in the deal. Just my opinion.

Not much else on the roster makes sense to a quick look.

They have a 2nd and a 5th, seems to work nicely.

I think a second AND their RG is a PERFECT trade from the Dolphins

• Like 1

Just now, Nickster said:

I was talking about the British attitude about what was in reality happening in Germany. The German Nazi philosophy was super positive.  

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'm all for a historical and philosophical debate, but I'm finding it hard to imagine a more off topic discussion for this thread... 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Idk?

But there was a report about player and pick package or something right?

Looking at their roster he stands out as someone that is a need for us, and someone that I can't see fitting into their future, as Hunt is FA next year and they are already way over the cap.

So? Idk? I would lean more towards the yes, if a player is involved.

Do dolphins have a backup guards they are ready to put in that spot. I assume trading hunt would save some money.

Just now, richard pallo said:

Blockbuster means other players to me.  This could get wild.

No, I heard they're offering to pay all of Chris Ballard's Blockbuster Video collection accounts. Dude has a big family, they rented a lot of videos back in the day...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

There were reports Miami was talking to JTs agent weeks ago. Reports by very reputable people including Holder and Rapport. It was even mentioned and compared to miamis history of tampering in the past that got them in trouble 

Ok.  But that's not mentioned in the tweet she posted

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The Colts want to start whatever bidding war they can now given the Tuesday timeline.  Other teams want to get their roster settled too.

Aside from Irsay's tweet and comments about people dying, the Colts have handled this pretty well IMO. Waiting until a week before roster cuts and then giving Taylor a short but sufficient period of time to work something out is a good move. And it doesn't commit the Colts either way, but if they get a great offer, they come out smelling pretty good.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

Holder says 6 teams inquired about JT and two mafe offers. Care to guess? Dolphins and Bears perhaps.

- Dolphins

- Chiefs

- Eagles

- Panthers(Frank would love to get his favorite RB so Bryce can hand him the ball on every 1st and 2nd down)

- Broncos

- Patriots?

1 minute ago, stitches said:

- Dolphins

- Chiefs

- Eagles

- Panthers(Frank would love to get his favorite RB so Bryce can hand him the ball on every 1st and 2nd down)

- Broncos

- Patriots?

If to Panthers, will be like horrible Elway trade and make no sense. Like to see him go KC or Bears.