Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our Secondary

hambone35

12 hours ago, masterlock said:

I wonder if the Colts are still content with their decision to release Darius Rush.

They let him go because they felt Jones the 7th rounder was playing better. Guess we will find out if he is NFL starter caliber this weekend.

On 10/2/2023 at 12:45 PM, hoosierhawk said:

By your rating? Looked up 5 different ratings and all 5 had him in the top 10. (ESPN,CBS sports, NFL.com, Fox Sports and PFF)

Lawrence  has not been good this year. Cj Stroud  is better than Lawrence  so far this year and he is a rookie 

On 10/2/2023 at 12:45 PM, hoosierhawk said:

By your rating? Looked up 5 different ratings and all 5 had him in the top 10. (ESPN,CBS sports, NFL.com, Fox Sports and PFF)

Based on performance  11 qbs have been better than Lawrence so far this year. Lamar Jackson, Brock purdy,baker mayfield,Goff, mahomes,Josh Allen,cousins, cj stroud,Russell wilson,Tua, herbert.

9 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Check the numbers. He’s not that this year. 

We all have our own opinions on players based on our knowledge.  I respect that you’ve assessed Lawrence as not a top 10 QB.  My opinion differs.  I believe that over 22 teams would take him in a heartbeat, which puts him in the top 10.  That’s fine if you believe otherwise.  It does make me curious as to which 10 teams would pass on him in your opinion?

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Based on performance  11 qbs have been better than Lawrence so far this year. Lamar Jackson, Brock purdy,baker mayfield,Goff, mahomes,Josh Allen,cousins, cj stroud,Russell wilson,Tua, herbert.

So he's off to a slower start this year than last and you're saying he's still rated 12th. That sounds like he's probably Top Ten -- or very close to it. 

13 hours ago, Stephen said:

I was talking preseason ratings based on past years performance. According to your ratings Purdy is the best QB in the league followed by Mayfield and Goff meaning all three are Better QBs than Mahomes and Allen. I believe there is 32 GMs and several million fans who would disagree with you, At the start of the year several publication put out their list of the top QBs in the league and Mahomes was 1st and Lawrence ranked 7 or 8 depending on the 5 I listed.

18 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Check the numbers. He’s not that this year. 

I just looked up the QB ratings and 3rd year starter Lawrence is 17th with an 89 rating while 3rd game rookie Richardson is 22nd with an 85.4 rating. Pretty darn close.  As for QBR, they’re reversed and Richardson is 17th & Lawrence is 22nd.  Those were ESPN stats. So show me where these others had him top 10 and by what metrics?

I was talking preseason ratings based on past years performance. According to your ratings Purdy is the best QB in the league followed by Mayfield and Goff meaning all three are Better QBs than Mahomes and Allen. I believe there is 32 GMs and several million fans who would disagree with you, At the start of the year several publication put out their list of the top QBs in the league and Mahomes was 1st and Lawrence ranked 7 or 8 depending on the 5 I listed.

4 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I was talking  actually  rankings.  Of course  preseason  he was projected to be top 10. He may still finish top 10 by seasons end but currently  he is playing  worse than last year

• Like 1