Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson Had A Good 2nd Half

RollerColt

13 hours ago, Nickster said:

Not at all man.  I don’t see Minshew as the guy at all.  I’m just stating facts.

we had no business beating The ravens last week really.  The Gay performance was historical, they were really dumb about then KO and 2 minute warning, they had what 8 starters sidelined etc etc etc.  I am not at all thinking he’s the man.  

I really don’t think there is a serious argument that AR throws better than GM right now and maybe never but there is more to QBing than just throwing, especially in 2023.  

Gun to my head I’d say GM gives us a better chance of winning right now but it’s not because of the two wins.  

do you think Ar is a better passer than GM right now?  I mean the numbers scream loudly differently.

I am not sure AR is going to be able to pass well enough to be great but he’s played four games.  It was pretty much unprecedented that a guy as erratic throwing the ball even when on air until Allen a few years ago.  Not sure if he refined his tech or what.  Tua refined his technique to whip rather than kinda push the ball but he was always accurate.  

Point being there is recent evidence of an inaccurate thrower becoming an elite QB.

whether or not AR follows that is yet TBD.  

the main thing that concerns me about AR now is he isn’t going to last long if doesn’t stop bouncing his head.  He stays stiff and rigid and has to learn to relax and soften when going to the ground so he doesn’t stay rigid and go down so hard.  Sliding, running OB throwing it away can help but man he is really knocking his brain around on the turf.

to me, erratic is Carson Wentz. Several passes that were “off target” still hit the WRs hands when it came from AR. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

to me, erratic is Carson Wentz. Several passes that were “off target” still hit the WRs hands when it came from AR. 

And Carson was doing that crazy stuff as a veteran in the league. He should've been able to read defenses by that point to make the right call to throw the ball away. Not throw into a three man coverage, or a left handed pass deep in his own territory... Situational awareness!

• Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 8:51 AM, kymd82222 said:

Right.  I'm fully behind Richardson, but it's okay to discuss when he doesn't play well.  After the dismal first half of football,  some people on this board were saying that it wasn't Richardson's fault at all.  The reality was that he didn't play well and was as much to blame for the poor first half performance as anyone else.  When the offense scores zero points, you can't blame it entirely on the defense.   The whole team stunk, both the defense and the offense. That's going to happen, as he's still developing.  Overall, I love what I've seen so far from him.  

What the defense  was blamed for is allowing  the Bears to get up big in the first place. If the offense  is struggling  the defense  needs to stop opposing teams from scoring  tds. If they don't you either  need a miracle  comeback or the team gets blown out

8 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

Good point, running is vital to AR's game and he will take some hits as part of it.

I think my Luck scar tissue makes me wince every time AR runs and gets hit. That's a me problem and I need to get over that. 

Got that same scar tissue lol.

14 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

The fans in LOS were in "full throat" during the Ram's OT possession it was awesome.  That said - Stafford didn't even blink.

Okay, I asked for an answer.
“ Full throat”…that sounds cool :thmup:

Our comeback ended at the coin toss 

and was upended by a SB QB with experience.:grumpy2:

The fans in LOS were in "full throat" during the Ram's OT possession it was awesome.  That said - Stafford didn't even blink.

14 hours ago, Breeze said:

We do have great (and noisy) fans, and we do ebb and flow with the energy of the team.  I try to do my part, but now that I’m in my 50’s, too much yelling gets me light headed and I’m afraid I’ll pass out and fall over the edge!  

:lol: …me, too!

• Like 2

On 10/1/2023 at 4:42 PM, Chucklez said:

This loss isnt on Gay.

We had a chance to win this game with under 2 left in regulation and we took like 13s off the clock and punted it back.

We were down 23 - 0 and the fact that we even had a chance to win it is a mircale. I'll take that. 

Richardson will only get better. This is a good sign.

yeah, what he said. 

On 10/1/2023 at 6:46 PM, RollerColt said:

His head literally turned a weird way. Any * in a zebra outfit could see it. 

NFL Officials, should change the rules that hands, gripping / non-gripping, on the face mask should no longer be allowed! 
Running backs are getting away with this potentially dangerous maneuver.

Protect the head…what about the spinal cord?

8 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Rookie QB usually struggle in the red zone. Colts are 3rd at 75%. That is pretty crazy. Imagine when Taylor gets back.

I don’t think that will change much. Our success is down to AR’s running in the red zone. JT will just take those plays away from AR if he gets the ball. 

10 hours ago, Mighty Blue said:

Ooops!

On 10/3/2023 at 8:18 AM, Breeze said:

We do have great (and noisy) fans, and we do ebb and flow with the energy of the team.  I try to do my part, but now that I’m in my 50’s, too much yelling gets me light headed and I’m afraid I’ll pass out and fall over the edge!  

Id be sad if anyone fell over the edge bbbbuuuutttt....that could be a "win this one for Breeze" moment this team needs to really gel.

dave grohl GIF

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 1:09 PM, Stephen said:

What the defense  was blamed for is allowing  the Bears to get up big in the first place. If the offense  is struggling  the defense  needs to stop opposing teams from scoring  tds. If they don't you either  need a miracle  comeback or the team gets blown out

When did we play the Bears?  I thought it was the Rams....:dunno:

8 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

Id be sad if anyone fell over the edge bbbbuuuutttt....that could be a "win this one for Breeze" moment this team needs to really gel.

dave grohl GIF

If you’re sitting underneath the R or the B in Harbaugh (ring of honor), look out!