Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Upshaw, Fleener, or who else

According to Kiper, here are the top 10 prospects for Day Two of the draft:

http://insider.espn....available-day-2

Ten best available on Day 2

Courtney Upshaw, Cordy Glenn should come off the board quickly

Originally Published: April 27, 2012By Mel Kiper Jr. | ESPN Insider

More Kiper NFL draft content:

Second-round mock | Round 1 winners and question marks | Best available on Day 2

Here is a look at the 10 best available players on Mel Kiper's board after the first day of the 2012 NFL draft.

1. LB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama

A high-effort player, Upshaw could be a 4-3 defensive end or a 3-4 outside linebacker. A bit of a tweener, he has great strength and productivity.

2. G Cordy Glenn, Georgia

A versatile player, Glenn is durable and athletic. He has good footwork and can hold up against the rush.

3. LB Lavonte David, Nebraska

Undersized for a linebacker, David simply makes plays on the football field. He has the speed to play from sideline to sideline.

4. TE Coby Fleener, Stanford

The No. 1 tight end in the draft is still out there. Fleener is fast enough to stretch the deep middle and has sure hands.

5. C Peter Konz, Wisconsin

The top center in this draft, Konz is athletic for the position. Issues for him are staying healthy and improving upper-body strength.

6. DT Jerel Worthy, Michigan State

A strong player, Worthy can make plays in the backfield. In the right defensive scheme, he'll be a real asset.

7. T Bobby Massie, Mississippi

A right tackle for three years in the SEC, he could have been an elite tackle in next year's class if he had stayed in school. Projects as a left tackle in the NFL.

8. DT Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati

Wolfe has impressive pass-rushing ability and is an elite athlete. He can fit in a 4-3 or 3-4 defense.

9. T Jonathan Martin, Stanford

Martin did an excellent job protecting Andrew Luck's blind side for three seasons. He has the size, experience and overall athleticism you look for in a starting left tackle. Needs to be more physical.

10. CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama

Has slid this far only because of off-field issues. On the field, he has good hip flexibility and is a solid cover corner. Also a good punt returner.

Glenn won't be there because the Rams will be picking him first. NFL Network says Pags loves Upshaw and has spent a lot of time evaluating him. My problem with Upshaw is, although he is an instinctive player, he ain't too bright. Isn't this the guy that got a 4 on the Wonderlic? This is probably why he dropped out of the first round. Can he handle a sophisticated NFL playbook? Now they also said that the Ravens like Upshaw as well (they pick right after us), and if Glenn is gone, the Ravens will probably select Upshaw. I don't know guys. Where would Upshaw play in the Colts scheme if we pick him? I guess he would play LOLB in the 3-4, but that's Freeney's spot. The safer pick is Fleener, IMHO.

Glenn won't be there because the Rams will be picking him first. NFL Network says Pags loves Upshaw and has spent a lot of time evaluating him. My problem with Upshaw is, although he is an instinctive player, he ain't too bright. Isn't this the guy that got a 4 on the Wonderlic? This is probably why he dropped out of the first round. Can he handle a sophisticated NFL playbook? Now they also said that the Ravens like Upshaw as well (they pick right after us), and if Glenn is gone, the Ravens will probably select Upshaw. I don't know guys. Where would Upshaw play in the Colts scheme if we pick him? I guess he would play LOLB in the 3-4, but that's Freeney's spot. The safer pick is Fleener, IMHO.

The guy you're talking about is morris claiborne, and he was picked 6th overall

Take one of G Cordy Glenn, WR Rueben Randle, or LB Courtney Upshaw!!!

- Fleener is a good receiving TE, but he is not a core player - he is a luxury we can't afford! Keep your QB upright, or give him a fast WR who can block, or take the best defensive player on the board.

We can find a receiving TE later in the draft or deal for one - we will not be able to find a G/T as good as Glenn, or a WR with as much upside as Randle in the same manner!

Friends, I'm a trasplanted Hoosier here in GA and wouldn't touch Glenn or Hill given what I seen them do at the collegiate level. I think Fleener is a gift here at 2 for so many good reasons. A rookies favorite target is a big tight end, let alone one he has great experience with already and is 6"6" with a 4.5 40? Slam dunk Colt fans....I like going CB, WR, BPA and NT depth in future rounds.

Don't know about the assessments on Hill and Gleen...but been thinking about it all night and day....Have to go Fleener!

Thanks to teams like the Seahawks we have some pretty good choices in front of us. My heart says Fleener but my brain is thinking Upshaw. What does everyone else think?

Luck is used to throwing to Fleener so he knows the habits and patterns so in my mind it's a no brainer to take him.

Cordy Glenn. Undisputedly BPA, and fills a need. The OLine would suddenly be stout, and would have very solid depth. Add a solid NT (Ta'amu?) and a servicable CB or WR (I'd love to see it be Marvin Jones) tonight, and I'm going to be thrilled!

i worry about glenn's weight...350 in college could easily ballon to 370 if he isn't disciplined

Hill, Fleener, Martin or Upshaw.

Hill would still be my choice. He is extremely raw but with the right amount of development I think he could end up being one of the better WRs out of this class.

Id go with Fleener if he's not there followed by Upshaw.

plenty of good wide receiver left so thats out in my opinion

not any top notch corners left only Jenkins but yes he has red flags

Fleener is left but overhyped I like him but we can get Green, or Charles or Allen (my thinking is once one of them comes off the board the others will come off fast just like Corner did in the first)

we need a defensive tackle but we can get one late I think because so many are left

I like Upshaw at Linebacker but not enough to draft him, we can get a good one late

I would go

2.Jenkins and potentially trade him to Eagles (11th) and their 4th round pick or Vikings and their 4th pic in the second and 4th in the 3rd or fourth in the 4th rounder if no deal then I would keep him he could be our #1

If they are thinking Upshaw then maybe they will trade Freeney. does anyone else agree or am i reading too much in to pags doing a lot of homework on a LB who had 1st round potential in our scheme when we are more or less set and not greatly needed in the first 3-4 rounds.