Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson Out

RollerColt

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree, I think it'll be relatively close tbh. It just doesn't accomplish anything for me as a fan spending 3 hours watching besides trying to get the win. At this point, I want to watch Richardson, win or lose. I invested the time into seeing us lose enough to select him at 4, watching the draft where we selected him at 4, training camp, preseason, etc... I'm not doing the veteran QB thing again as a fan. It's not a "fault" of anyone, but I just refuse to watch unless Richardson is the QB at this point.

I do think we can win though. I said Ravens 24 Colts 20 in the prediction thread, but we could easily pull off a win as well.

To each his own, but I just can’t relate to your thinking. I’ve been a Colt fan since the mid1950s, thru thick and thin. It’s entertainment. I can’t imagine any other way to be a fan?!?!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My dad literally bought that axe from the flea market 3 weeks ago for $3 lol! haha Same yellow handle and everything!

Not as easy as a mechanical splitter, but will split most logs with less than 3 strikes.

To stay on topic, 

While I am not happy for A.R. to miss this game, I am looking forward to seeing the Stache play against a better team like the Ravens. Also, can our D contain Jackson, force him to throw, and can our secondary step up?

2 minutes ago, Dunk said:

Not as easy as a mechanical splitter, but will split most logs with less than 3 strikes.

To stay on topic, 

While I am not happy for A.R. to miss this game, I am looking forward to seeing the Stache play against a better team like the Ravens. Also, can our D contain Jackson, force him to throw, and can our secondary step up?

I think Lamar will be either passing or running a lot this game. JK Dobbins is out for the year. Justice Hill will miss this game I believe. Really just leaves Gus Edwards on a full workload (which I don't know if he can do). I can see Lamar scrambling a lot to make up for the lack of a running game. Beckham is out too, so we may do slightly better Vs the pass. Flowers and Bateman are ok, Andrews is the real problem IMO. 

All of this said, the weather may be lousy, so it could come down to a running game matchup with Edwards Vs Moss, which if that's the case, then I like our odds better (not nearly as much with Richardson). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think Lamar will be either passing or running a lot this game. JK Dobbins is out for the year. Justice Hill will miss this game I believe. Really just leaves Gus Edwards on a full workload (which I don't know if he can do). I can see Lamar scrambling a lot to make up for the lack of a running game. Beckham is out too, so we may do slightly better Vs the pass. Flowers and Bateman are ok, Andrews is the real problem IMO. 

All of this said, the weather may be lousy, so it could come down to a running game matchup with Edwards Vs Moss, which if that's the case, then I like our odds better (not nearly as much with Richardson). 

Sounds pretty accurate.

If it does get slick, the outcome could hinge on a player or two slipping or not slipping at a precise moment.

Wet footballs can lead to a timely turnover as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dunk said:

Sounds pretty accurate.

If it does get slick, the outcome could hinge on a player or two slipping or not slipping at a precise moment.

Wet footballs can lead to a timely turnover as well.

Yep. My opponent in a $25 fantasy league on ESPN this week is using Lamar Jackson at QB. That could be a blessing or a curse for me. Just depends on how much he runs the ball. I can see the passing being down some, which is an even bigger reason I would have liked Richardson at QB today. I hope we get creative with playcalls on defense or else Lamar is going to run all over us with his scrambling ability.

As far as turnovers go, I think they'll happen more than anything in the run game with a fumble or two if they do happen. In the pass game, I can see some slipping on routes ran and possibly some drops, but probably not turnovers. Turnovers are going to be fumbles IMO. Maybe we can get one if we sack or tackle Lamar. That could work in our favor. 

10 hours ago, jimmy g said:

To each his own, but I just can’t relate to your thinking. I’ve been a Colt fan since the mid1950s, thru thick and thin. It’s entertainment. I can’t imagine any other way to be a fan?!?!

Same. I cannot begin to understand that line of thinking. Every damn game of the 2011 season was appointment viewing - on tv or at the stadium. Same with last year when they were quite literally unwatchable. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Same. I cannot begin to understand that line of thinking. Every damn game of the 2011 season was appointment viewing - on tv or at the stadium. Same with last year when they were quite literally unwatchable. 

I have been a fan since 1984 and never have understood fans wanting to give up on a season, fans wanting the team to lose on purpose to get a higher draft pick, and to me tanking is a loser mentality. 1 time in 40 years being a fan, I didn't care if we won or lost and that was in 2011. That was an outlier though with major circumstance. 1. It wasn't until we got to 0-8, 2. I knew we would get Andrew Luck with the #1 pick. Once we got to 0-8, I knew the season was over and I knew Luck would be very good or great for the future of the team.

Even last year, it bothered me when the Texans beat us, last game of the season. I wasn't even worried about drafting higher, I just wanted to win. Every fan is different though so I have tried to learn to respect the way they think. Some fans just watch because it is entertaining to them, some fans watch because they bet on the Colts to win or lose. I watch as a TrueFan, TrueFan meaning, it ruins my day if we lose.  

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been a fan since 1984 and never have understood fans wanting to give up on a season, fans wanting the team to lose on purpose to get a higher draft pick, and to me tanking is a loser mentality. 1 time in 40 years being a fan, I didn't care if we won or lost and that was in 2011. That was an outlier though with major circumstance. 1. It wasn't until we got to 0-8, 2. I knew we would get Andrew Luck with the #1 pick. Once we got to 0-8, I knew the season was over and I knew Luck would be very good or great for the future of the team.

Even last year, it bothered me when the Texans beat us, last game of the season. I wasn't even worried about drafting higher, I just wanted to win. Every fan is different though so I have tried to learn to respect the way they think. Some fans just watch because it is entertaining to them, some fans watch because they bet on the Colts to win or lose. I watch as a TrueFan, TrueFan meaning, it ruins my day if we lose.  

I understand your point and appreciate it. However, I feel differently when it comes to losing meaningless(in the standings) when you can highly benefit by having the worst record or close to it. I felt bad last year when it looked like we would win some of those games last year in the second half of the season(cowboys,steelers,vikings,texans). Thank the Football Gods we lost those games and wound up in position to draft.AR5. Colts were fortunate to lose enough to draft Peyton.....and then they were fortunate enough to lose enough to draft Luck. 

Losing is not good but occasionally losing the most games cam get you a.Framchise/Elite QB and that's when it's advisable to lose meaningless games. 

Just my 2¢

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I understand your point and appreciate it. However, I feel differently when it comes to losing meaningless(in the standings) when you can highly benefit by having the worst record or close to it. I felt bad last year when it looked like we would win some of those games last year in the second half of the season(cowboys,steelers,vikings,texans). Thank the Football Gods we lost those games and wound up in position to draft.AR5. Colts were fortunate to lose enough to draft Peyton.....and then they were fortunate enough to lose enough to draft Luck. 

Losing is not good but occasionally losing the most games cam get you a.Framchise/Elite QB and that's when it's advisable to lose meaningless games. 

Just my 2¢

Yep, and to add to this to people who are against tanking. Even if you don't care about where you draft, GMs have to trade up with multiple picks to get a franchise QB in a lot of cases. So just to have a top pick is invaluable, as you said with Richardson with the 4th pick. Likewise, if we have Richardson and he does well, but we have a poor record with a top 5 pick, a GM like Ballard who likes to trade down could use those picks very wisely whereas he may have not had nearly as much use from a pick in the mid-rounds. 

I'd rather have a pick at 5 than 15 any day. You miss the playoffs either way, I'd rather lose 3-4 more games and have an elite team around Richardson in a few years.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Just my 2¢

I respect that and that is why I brought up my Luck circumstance :thmup:

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 1:19 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, this is no fun. Not sure how anyone would want to watch Minshew as the starter. I understand being optimistic that we may win, but I don't see the game being fun. JMO. I'll probably skip this one. I'm at the point where I want to watch Richardson, not another veteran QB. 

Hopefully AR is back next week and doesn't get anymore concussions.  

Well...what was more fun? Splitting firewood or watching the Broncos?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Well...what was more fun? Splitting firewood or watching the Broncos?

57 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

I hope you enjoyed chopping wood. You missed one the Colts best games in years.

I actually was doing a barbecue with family. I was helping my dad split firewood yesterday. Broncos game wasn't fun, but it was nice seeing family from out of state. I'm happy the Colts won, and I kept track of it on gametracker every now and then. Minshew wasn't exactly a world-beater though. His stats were sub-par. I'll be happy to watch with Richardson next week.

• Like 1