Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steichen vs. Houston

compuls1v3

Found this interesting "The main problem with their defense is stopping the run, but they did a good job of stopping QB runs, giving up just 296 QB rushing yards. Jalen Hurts, who had Steichen as his OC last year, had one of his worst rushing games against Houston in 2022. The same could be said for Justin Fields. During the 2023 season opener, Lamar Jackson had a mediocre performance against the Texans' defense." https://www.rotoballer.com/is-anthony-richardson-injured-or-healthy-for-week-2-fantasy-football-injury-update/1234140  

I wonder how Steichen attacks Houston with the Colts.

4 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

Found this interesting "The main problem with their defense is stopping the run, but they did a good job of stopping QB runs, giving up just 296 QB rushing yards. Jalen Hurts, who had Steichen as his OC last year, had one of his worst rushing games against Houston in 2022. The same could be said for Justin Fields. During the 2023 season opener, Lamar Jackson had a mediocre performance against the Texans' defense." https://www.rotoballer.com/is-anthony-richardson-injured-or-healthy-for-week-2-fantasy-football-injury-update/1234140  

Houston blitzed lanar alot and Andrew's was out so that contributed  to lamar having  an ugly game. Richardson  has to be ready for the pressure as Ryan's likes to send alot of it.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Going to be interesting to see what the game plan is. Im fine with not getting a W but I do want to see if any adjustments or improvements happen. 

Agreed. My mentality this season is based more on AR developing and seeing him get better in the pros as well as identifying what talent we have on both sides.  Take that and throw in some free agency signings and we’ll be set for next year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

the texans pass rush will be a big test for our under achieving o-line

everyone on the board been saying our line is decent according to pff 

ranks 10th in run 15th in pass pro

but the eye test didn't look too hot to me, i mean better than last year but is that saying much?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AKB said:

but the eye test didn't look too hot to me, i mean better than last year but is that saying much?

nelson is not the same dominate talent and smith seems to have trouble with speed rushers

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

nelson is not the same dominate talent and smith seems to have trouble with speed rushers

My least favorite right now is C and RG.

I think nelson has regressed by probably 10-15 percent, still good, but overpaid. smith has trouble with speed rushers because he should be making 5m less per year and playing RG

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sb41champs said:

New coaching staffs on both teams.

New rookie QBs on both teams.

I just think our Colts are a little bit farther along on re-tooling the roster than Houston is - at this point!!

That said - the Colts "TAME THE TEXANS" and get our first W of the season!!

we should be way ahead of the texans retooling after ballards 7 years of bringing in talent

• Like 3

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/john-metchie-back-at-practice-could-make-regular-season-debut-this-week

John Metchie back at practice, could make regular season debut this week

...Metchie missed his rookie season after being diagnosed with leukemia, but was cleared to return this year. Metchie played in the preseason before picking up a hamstring injury that kept him from practicing or playing in last week’s loss to the Ravens.

Metchie was back on the practice field Wednesday, however, and the Texans put Noah Brown on injured reserve this week, so it looks like there’s a clear path to Metchie getting the call against the Colts this weekend. Metchie said on Wednesday that he’s going to keep being patient until it’s finally time to hit the field...

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 1:00 PM, compuls1v3 said:

In bold. Pass, pass, pass. 🫣lmao

21 hours ago, AKB said:

Its game one.  I suspect our line will start gelling 3-4 games in.  Also having to adjust to the RPO style must be very differnent with a fast QB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

Its game one.  I suspect our line will start gelling 3-4 games in.  Also having to adjust to the RPO style must be very differnent with a fast QB.

with all that considered, i guess they didn't do too bad against a decent front. 

• Like 1