Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some things remain the same

JediXMan

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

I mistakenly wrote my response wrong. I meant to imply that I don't care what every other NFL team seemingly does pertaining on passing on players or if the Colts follow suit. It always isn't indicative of one set agenda. Some teams don't deem certain players a fit, some don't like their physical traits, and some don't want to risk the potential of unfavorable off field traits coming to light in a habitual sense once acquired. Either way, the choices of this organization should not be lumped in with other teams. This team needs to understand where its weakness is and seriously address it. On the surface it seems like the Colts have attempted to do that, but a closer look tells you that they have not. 

For years now, the weakness has been in offensive playmakers. There is not one Colts fan that should disagree with that. Each offseason when we draft or sign FAs that could potentially become those playmakers we so desperately need, we are hopeful and optimistic, however most of these signings/draftees under Ballard should have been realized as not good selections. The players chosen were never that good to begin with or bargain signings at best. This isn't speculation, it's fact. There is no need to list all the absolute busts in the WR room we all have endured. 

Downs might be legit hopefully, but he is a slot guy, and Pittman is an ok WR2 sometimes but not nearly what he should be considering this team has zero playmakers at this position currently or since Pittman has been here. Yet Pittman is still just a second-tier jag who has shown nothing in terms of commanding the room so to speak and throwing it on his shoulders to excel in that room desperate of leaders and don't tell me it's because of the QB play because that is not the only issue. I have used the example of Nuk many times. He has seriously bad QB play long before Watson came around and yet he was still putting up massive numbers where defenses had to account for him week in and week out. Pittman is a jag.

I'm not saying I know it all, but I hated this pick. I am not a fan of Michael Pittman. I knew what he was at USC. A possession guy at best and possession guys are fine but not when the team needs an alpha stud. You don't draft a possession guy to be an alpha stud as it very seldom works out. A few examples like K Allen yes, but I think we can both agree that Allen commands the ball and is always open where Pittman does/is not. 

6 years and zero contributors outside of an occasional game or two, here and there. If you have paid attention to my rants/takes, I have used the word consistency time and time again. That is what is lacking. Consistency. 

Anyway, the lack of real playmakers, IMO, has the potential to derail AR early on. It needs to be fixed quickly. 

Pierce was supposed to be a guy that won jump balls after taking the defense over the top. On the first play of the eggles game it was an overthrow to pierce against the eggles backups. Pierce did not beat the defender over the top and the ball was overthrown, Pierce was trailing the defender. He is not all that and if you watch closely, he rarely has any separation from the defender at all and in this league that ids what separates the stars from the jags. Pierce is another Ballard jag. 

Everybody harps on O-line, CB, and DE. None of these positions score points. The Colts are in a loaded AFC. An AFC that scores an immense number of points. WR is the most pressing need of this team. Until it's fixed, we lose. 

maybe my memory is failing. But more often than not, our WRs, whichever one it has been drops the pass that will keep the game alive (pascal vs the bills in the playoffs). I’m not going to say they never make that catch, (a certain jump ball in the rain comes to mind) but I just haven’t seen IT from any of the WRs. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2023 at 9:26 PM, Blueblood23 said:

I said that about Pierce on draft day. I was hoping to be wrong, but he to date is proving me right. 

I feel like you guys are impatient.  He's only played one full year and this is his 2nd QB.  Sure he hasn't impressed in preseason, but give the kid some time.  I'll eat crow if he doesnt develop by year three.

10 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

I feel like you guys are impatient.  He's only played one full year and this is his 2nd QB.  Sure he hasn't impressed in preseason, but give the kid some time.  I'll eat crow if he doesnt develop by year three.

I just didn’t like the pick. Watch a lot of college games and Pierce showed me next to nothing for a high draft pick. Maybe he will prove me wrong. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I just didn’t like the pick. Watch a lot of college games and Pierce showed me next to nothing for a high draft pick. Maybe he will prove me wrong. 

Fair enough.  I don't watch much college ball.  I'll just wait and see.

On 8/25/2023 at 8:35 AM, Blueblood23 said:

Yes free Granson! Never understood why they drafted him. Watched him a few games in college and saw him drop several passes. Agree with everything you said. 

He was missed used in frank system he said as much. Frank was trying to make him a blocker 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 7:19 AM, throwing BBZ said:

Please please please free Granson. Let him go

On 8/25/2023 at 8:35 AM, Blueblood23 said:

Yes free Granson! Never understood why they drafted him. Watched him a few games in college and saw him drop several passes. Agree with everything you said. 

?

Granson is likely TE1 right now, with injuries. He has played well in his opportunity too.

So unless your guys definition of Free Granson, is him getting a lot of opportunities. I think you will be rather disappointed, because he isn't going anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

?

Granson is likely TE1 right now, with injuries. He has played well in his opportunity too.

So unless your guys definition of Free Granson, is him getting a lot of opportunities. I think you will be rather disappointed, because he isn't going anywhere.

Yeah, I didn’t like Granson in Reich’s system. Thought he was a complete misfit. If Steichen knows how to use him then by all means keep him - he’s done well in the preseason and camp. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, w87r said:

?

granson has had some horrible blocking in the past, but I haven’t noticed an overwhelming amount of drops. A few. However I like Granson. I like all our TEs for the most part. 

• Like 1