Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

52 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I don't think he's an ideal solution, given that he's a Tampa-2 "short zone tackler" type corner, and we now need Cover-3 "turn and run" type corners.  But I still wouldn't mind having him back.  We have familiarity with him.  Would be nice to have him.

I think is a big reason they traded him. He doesn't fit and Ballard didn't seem to want to pay him anyways.

I don't know what would have changed since then.

He also took some parting shots at the org. when he was traded...saying they got complacent and took their foot off the gas...and that this wouldn't happen in LV. Granted, he wasn't wrong, but I doubt the org. appreciated that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

That play is absolutely amazing. I just watched it 20x. Has to be one of the greatest plays I have ever seen.

Walker threw it freakin' 70 yards downfield while rolling to his left. And it drops right in to Moore's diving hands. I assume Moore had been in a dead sprint the entire go route. Incredible timing. 

And Moore had two defenders on him! It was a great play. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

I think we will only see big spending in FA on OL to help protect the rookie QB. If we see big spending at all…

Seumalo seems to be the last higher dollar o-lineman that fits our needs.

Unfortunately, his market may be multiple years at $10+ million. I would guess 12-15 M fully guaranteed.

With his skill set that would be fine, except, he will be 30 in OCT. and has a history of missing a whole lot of games.

I would think we will pass, looking for a more reasonable alternative.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Agree. I don’t like the idea of having to rely on rookie corners to start outside. Not every rookie is going to give you Gardner or Woolen type production. Typically corner is a position that had a decent adjustment period. 

I don’t see it. Not only is he probably more of a Tampa-2 corner, but I would guess that part of what into the decision to trade him for Yannick, was knowing that he was in the last year of his deal and would probably be looking for a pay day, although he wouldn’t be worth the money. I don’t think that has changed. He played good on the Raiders but I still don’t think he’s worth overpaying for.

Well realistically it is day 4 of FA and he hasn’t signed yet so I don’t think he’s getting a big payday.  

8 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

That play is absolutely amazing. I just watched it 20x. Has to be one of the greatest plays I have ever seen.

Walker threw it freakin' 70 yards downfield while rolling to his left. And it drops right in to Moore's diving hands. I assume Moore had been in a dead sprint the entire go route. Incredible timing. 

Richardson can throw those standing in the pocket and a mile high.

19 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Well realistically it is day 4 of FA and he hasn’t signed yet so I don’t think he’s getting a big payday.  

We just did this last season. Got rid of all our corners but eventually signed Gilmore and Faycson.  Im sure Ballard wont have 2 rookie corners out there. Will eventually have at least 1 vet out there im sure. If we get the kid from UGA i dont mind him starting at the other corner. If we go with 2 vets and Rock is one of those vets at the very least i know he will be better than Faycson.

• Like 1

The piece about the Colts says:

Colts conspiracy theories: The Colts have cleared a lot of salary, between trading cornerback Stephon Gilmore and cutting QB Matt Ryan. They've already been leapfrogged in the 2023 NFL Draft by the Panthers, who traded with the Bears for the No. 1 overall selection. And with Houston picking second, Arizona drafting third and Indianapolis going fourth, the Colts could have the third choice, at best, of rookie quarterbacks in April. If there is a team to surprisingly jump into the mix for Lamar Jackson, Indy makes the most sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Minshew mania 

YES! Go get him to be our veteran option. Sign him, and release Nick Foles.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Gardner Minshew is probably the one vet I would be ok with watching for a few games if colts drafted Richardson. He could be fun.

Agreed 100%. Steichen got the best of him in Philly. He's young and we could be competitive with him for a few games.

• Like 5

I was reading from Jets fans that G Dan Feeney was signed by the Dolphins. Feeney will always be associated with Forrest Lamp in my mind. When they were both in the draft, I wanted Lamp who was highly regarded. His career has not been what was expected. 

Lamp is a free agent after his second season with the Saints? He has played with the Chargers and the Bills. Does he have anything left?

@PRnum1 and @Lancer1 Any thoughts on Lamp?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Agreed 100%. Steichen got the best of him in Philly. He's young and we could be competitive with him for a few games.

Only  downfall is we could win some games with him so if we draft Richardson it could be entire year before we see him play.

lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He would be a great veteran backup for LaMar as well.  That’s what he is.  A backup who can win you a few games.  It’s a long season.  You have to have a quality backup more than ever.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was reading from Jets fans that G Dan Feeney was signed by the Dolphins. Feeney will always be associated with Forrest Lamp in my mind. When they were both in the draft, I wanted Lamp who was highly regarded. His career has not been what was expected. 

Lamp is a free agent after his second season with the Saints? He has played with the Chargers and the Bills. Does he have anything left?

Yep. Both Lamp and Feeney were Colts fans draft favorites that year. LAC drafted both of them.

I believe Lamp is out of the league now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I remember Lamp being constantly injured.  Seemed like he was never healthy.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Yep. Both Lamp and Feeney were Colts fans draft favorites that year. LAC drafted both of them.

I believe Lamp is out of the league now.

I remember that. My team was in desperate need of guards.and I wanted Lamp.

I read that Lamp was with the Saints and is a free agent now. Has he retired?

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Colts get Minshew I think we can put the Lamar speculation behind. Going after Gardner signals a rookie QB.

I don’t.  He would be the perfect security blanket for Shane whether it’s a rookie or a veteran.  Makes perfect sense either way.  This will be a present to Shane for coming over.   Lol

3 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I remember Lamp being constantly injured.  Seemed like he was never healthy.

That is too bad. He reminds me a bit of another OL that I liked a lot, Jason Spriggs. People thought he would be Lane Johnson 2. Like Lamp, he seemed to be always injured.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I don’t.  He would be the perfect security blanket for Shane whether it’s a rookie or a veteran.  Makes perfect sense either way.  This will be a present to Shane for coming over.   Lol

No lamar for colts. Sorry bruh

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We got Edmonds in the Bradley Chubb deal as a rental RB. I don't mind losing him tbh.

If he was a free agent and was not cut, you may get a 7th round comp pick for him. (But Denver has signed many free agents that may cancel that out.)

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

If he was a free agent and was not cut, you may get a 7th round comp pick for him. (But Denver has signed many free agents that may cancel that out.)

Yeah, I think we signed too many high-priced FAs to get a pick for him tbh. 

• Like 1