Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Football Fix?

sb41champs

Football Fix?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How do you get your NFL off-season football fix?

• XFL
    • USFL
    • CFL
    • I hibernate and only come out again once it's time for the NFL Draft

• 3 weeks later...

I try to keep mentally as active as I can so I can't  hibernate. I do follow the Pacers but don't get a chance to watch them. I also follow and watch Nascar. Been to quite a few Brickyards and a couple of other races at Speedway. Used to be regulars out at Clermont for the drag races as well.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just finishing the XFL and the USFL starts this Saturday which I love both of these leagues!  I am not a baseball fan, but I'll watch the NBA finals when it happens.  You all are missing some good football by not watching the XFL or USFL!!

• Like 1

Personally - I do the "hibernation" thing - and - follow all the league off-season news - then ramp up for the draft.

Obviously - I follow the Colts primarily.  

However - I also watch the free agent moves - so that I have a really clear idea of who to draft for my fantasy football team!!

Any of you who might end up on an NFL.com team with me in it - ignore that previous line.

22 hours ago, Nancy said:

Just finishing the XFL and the USFL starts this Saturday which I love both of these leagues!  I am not a baseball fan, but I'll watch the NBA finals when it happens.  You all are missing some good football by not watching the XFL or USFL!!

Any recommendations on which teams/players to watch?  I haven’t followed either league 

4 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Any recommendations on which teams/players to watch?  I haven’t followed either league 

For the XFL - which ends the last weekend in April - I'd catch the DC Defenders (7-1), Houston Roughnecks (5-3)and the St. Louis Battlehawks(6-2) if you want to see the 3 best teams in the league.  A lot of the games recently have been really close.  Rules are a little different so it takes a minute to figure it out.  Like if they score a TD, they don't automatically kick a field goal for the extra point.  They choose 1, 2 or 3 pts to score and go by the 5 yrd line, 10 yd line and the 15 (3 pts).  There's some other stuff that is different like you only have to have 1 foot inbounds with a catch to count.  (Not 2 feet).  Rest of the game is pretty much the same.

This Saturday there are 2 games on ESPN starting at 12 noon then 2nd game at 7 pm.  Sunday game is at 12 noon ESPN.

I haven't seen the USFL teams yet since they also start this weekend...so I will be checking it out.

https://www.xfl.com/schedule

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nancy said:

For the XFL - which ends the last weekend in April - I'd catch the DC Defenders (7-1), Houston Roughnecks (5-3)and the St. Louis Battlehawks(6-2) if you want to see the 3 best teams in the league.  A lot of the games recently have been really close.  Rules are a little different so it takes a minute to figure it out.  Like if they score a TD, they don't automatically kick a field goal for the extra point.  They choose 1, 2 or 3 pts to score and go by the 5 yrd line, 10 yd line and the 15 (3 pts).  There's some other stuff that is different like you only have to have 1 foot inbounds with a catch to count.  (Not 2 feet).  Rest of the game is pretty much the same.

This Saturday there are 2 games on ESPN starting at 12 noon then 2nd game at 7 pm.  Sunday game is at 12 noon ESPN.

I haven't seen the USFL teams yet since they also start this weekend...so I will be checking it out.

https://www.xfl.com/schedule

8 hours ago, Nancy said:

I forgot----the best players to watch are:

https://sportsnaut.com/10-best-players-on-2023-xfl-rosters/

I was following Jack Coan that was QB at Notre Dame but the San Antonio team kind of bombed.

I like AJ McCarron too. And Cody Latimer TE on Orlando eventho they are the worst team in the XFL!

Just a warning but my girlfriend may hate you for providing this information!  lol.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...