Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 MLB Baseball

We have a great UMP behind the plate today. He is a VET. I have seen him do games before and he is usually pretty spot on. After last night, the league probably thought it would be good idea to get someone in there that didn't have their head up their rear lmao . I would guess Ross called someone and complained about last night's nonsense. 

Stick a fork in the Reds season. They’re done. At least we won more than the 60 games originally predicted… still, it’s frustrating they were so close this year to making the playoffs. David Bell may be a good overall manager, but pitching was supposed to be his specialty, and since he’s taken over as skipper the pitching has been mediocre at the most crucial of times. 

Cubs back in the 6th spot and in the NL playoffs again after a 6-0 thumping of the Rockies. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I am nervous when the Cubs play - get mad, get happy, and I am score board watching to see what the Marlins and Reds are doing as well. Marlins and Reds both lost tonight. Pirates playing spoiler right now. Brewers did me a solid tonight by beating the Marlins.

Here are the standings heading into September 23rd for that final WC playoff spot:

Cubs 80-74

Marlins 79-75 (1)

Reds 79-76 (1.5)

-have to remember that the Cubs do not have the tiebreaker over either team. 8 games left folks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Stick a fork in the Reds season. They’re done. At least we won more than the 60 games originally predicted… still, it’s frustrating they were so close this year to making the playoffs. David Bell may be a good overall manager, but pitching was supposed to be his specialty, and since he’s taken over as skipper the pitching has been mediocre at the most crucial of times. 

It isn't over yet, you have the tiebreaker over us, I do know that and the Marlins are only a half game ahead of you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs back in the 6th spot and in the NL playoffs again after a 6-0 thumping of the Rockies. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I am nervous when the Cubs play - get mad, get happy, and I am score board watching to see what the Marlins and Reds are doing as well. Marlins and Reds both lost tonight. Pirates playing spoiler right now. Brewers did me a solid tonight by beating the Marlins.

Here are the standings heading into September 23rd for that final WC playoff spot:

Cubs 80-74

Marlins 79-75 (1)

Reds 79-76 (1.5)

-have to remember that the Cubs do not have the tiebreaker over either team. 8 games left folks.

People that don’t follow baseball do not get the excitement and stress of a playoff run. It is so satisfying when your team wins after watching a long gut wrenching game. I feel like the last 2 weeks have been playoff games. Seeing what other teams do too gets the adrenaline going. The actual playoffs itself is insane, with every pitch and game situations. It is just hard to explain to someone that doesn't follow baseball.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win, big win. Fly the Flag @HOZER. 7 games to go, Marlins are beating the Brewers 3-0 right now, so this win was real critical. No matter what happens, we will still be a game ahead of them at worse going into tomorrow.

Cubs control their own destiny, LETS GOOO!!!

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

• Thanks 1