Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 MLB Baseball

1 hour ago, Myles said:

My daughter and her boyfriend were at the game today.   Bummer their team lost.   I asked them what they thought of Wrigley Field and they echoed what I thought.   Said it was a dump.

A dump? Wow, that is the first person I have ever heard say that. Many on sports radio that host shows (sports broadcasters) and fans that call in at CBS and Fox say that is one of the best venues to attend in Baseball. I have never been to a game at Wrigley Field but I have a cousin that lives close to the stadium, her and her husband have been to many games over the last 20 years or so and they tell me that the stadium is really nice and is nostalgic when it comes to baseball. Everyone is different, of course Kris Bryant said the whole city of St Louis was a dump and that playing in Wrigley field was much better than playing in St Louis. I value his opinion as he has been to that city 100's of times and played there.

Bottomline with me, I have no opinion on what stadiums or cities are dumps. It is a matter of opinion. I know when I went to see the Colts at Bears back in 2004, Soldier Field was beautiful and had great football tradition. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A dump? Wow, that is the first person I have ever heard say that. Many on sports radio that host shows (sports broadcasters) and fans that call in at CBS and Fox say that is one of the best venues to attend in Baseball. I have never been to a game at Wrigley Field but I have a cousin that lives close to the stadium, her and her husband have been to many games over the last 20 years or so and they tell me that the stadium is really nice and is nostalgic when it comes to baseball. Everyone is different, of course Kris Bryant said the whole city of St Louis was a dump and that playing in Wrigley field was much better than playing in St Louis. I value his opinion as he has been to that city 100's of times and played there.

Bottomline with me, I have no opinion on what stadiums or cities are dumps. It is a matter of opinion. I know when I went to see the Colts at Bears back in 2004, Soldier Field was beautiful and had great football tradition. 

I’ve been to Wrigley several times, never thought of it as “a dump”. It’s old but historical and surrounded by great hospitable fans. Back when the Reds and Cubbies were both bad in my youth it was always a party when our two fan bases got together lol! 

Most boring ballpark I’ve ever been to is Detroit… 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I’ve been to Wrigley several times, never thought of it as “a dump”. It’s old but historical and surrounded by great hospitable fans. Back when the Reds and Cubbies were both bad in my youth it was always a party when our two fan bases got together lol! 

Most boring ballpark I’ve ever been to is Detroit… 

That is why Myles Post through for me for a loop. I have heard different things about Wrigley but never heard it called a dump. Hey if someone thinks it is a dump that is their opinion, but a rare one because I have been a Cubs fan since 1984 and I have never heard anyone say that. I have actually heard Busch Stadium in St louis is nice. It looks nice on TV but according to Kris Bryant it sucks chuckling homer simpson GIF.

I think when some people just hate teams, they will down the city or where they play no matter what. It is pretty much sour grapes. That would be like any Colts fan saying Gillette sucks and is a dump. Only reason why they would say that is because they hate the Pats, JMO. I can see right through most things. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is why Myles Post through for me for a loop. I have heard different things about Wrigley but never heard it called a dump. Hey if someone thinks it is a dump that is their opinion, but a rare one because I have been a Cubs fan since 1984 and I have never heard anyone say that. I have actually heard Busch Stadium in St louis is nice. It looks nice on TV but according to Kris Bryant it sucks chuckling homer simpson GIF.

I think when some people just hate teams, they will down the city or where they play no matter what. It is pretty much sour grapes. That would be like any Colts fan saying Gillette sucks and is a dump. Only reason why they would say that is because they hate the Pats, JMO. I can see right through most things. 

The view in Busch stadium with the arch is pretty cool. Not gonna lie I’ve never had any negative interactions with Cards fans while visiting. Their fan base is some of the most knowledgeable of the game. Brewers and Pirates fans on the other hand… Yeesh…

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The view in Busch stadium with the arch is pretty cool. Not gonna lie I’ve never had any negative interactions with Cards fans while visiting. Their fan base is some of the most knowledgeable of the game. Brewers and Pirates fans on the other hand… Yeesh…

Brewers fans are the worse IMO. I go by reading their chat over at ESPN and CBS. They have never won a damn thing and put the Cubs and Cards on a daily basis. It is jealousy. Some of my family are Reds fans, I have an uncle and an aunt that love the Reds. I have never had anything against the Reds. My uncle was young but grew up watching the Big Red Machine in 1975 and 1976 (he was around 11 or 12 when the Reds won it all then), so he knows great baseball. He can name every player on the 1990 team that won it all.

Most Cards fans I have encountered have been pretty cool. Of course because of our rivalry with them, I can't root for the team but when they do well I don't act childish about it or act jealous. It is what it is to me. I respect them for the history they have. 

At my work and people I have came across, I can honestly say there has only been 1 Cards fan I couldn't stand. He flat out hated the Cubs and was rooting for them to lose so badly in 2016, he was losing sleep over it. This dude in my book was simply a jealous comical hater in my book. When the Indians were up 3-1 in the WS, he would say things like 3-1 Indians, 109 years now, etc.. Blah blah. When the Cubs came back, I let that guy have it not only for days but for years. He wanted no part of me after that. I even put up a banner of the 2016 World Championship, saying Cubs 2016 World Champions in my office to let him know who was boss The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- screw with me, you get the horns lmao 

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When i went, a few years ago, I thought it was a dump as well.   All the cement walkways are darkened and stink like old beer and urine.   The bathrooms were old and nasty.   The nostalgia of an old park was there though.  

2 hours ago, Myles said:

When i went, a few years ago, I thought it was a dump as well.   All the cement walkways are darkened and stink like old beer and urine.   The bathrooms were old and nasty.   The nostalgia of an old park was there though.  

Understandable. A good deal of ballparks are like that… Fenway comes to mind lol. But I like the charm of an old school park. Warts and all.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nothing like a good stinky ball park the simpsons homer GIF

10 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Understandable. A good deal of ballparks are like that… Fenway comes to mind lol. But I like the charm of an old school park. Warts and all.

13 hours ago, Myles said:

Have you guys been to Milwaukee? That park is a dump. An indoor park that is still overly hot and scrunch. No history in that stadium like Wrigley, Fenway, or from what I know about dodger. The people created a bad feel stadium when wasn't necessary. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Have you guys been to Milwaukee? That park is a dump. An indoor park that is still overly hot and scrunch. No history in that stadium like Wrigley, Fenway, or from what I know about dodger. The people created a bad feel stadium when wasn't necessary. 

Oh yes. Quite unremarkable which is sad for what I think they were trying to do. They are better than Detroit but that’s more comparing the cities. I’m not a fan surprisingly enough of indoor ballparks and stadiums. I of course like LOS but being a Colts fan I’m biased! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Oh yes. Quite unremarkable which is sad for what I think they were trying to do. They are better than Detroit but that’s more comparing the cities. I’m not a fan surprisingly enough of indoor ballparks and stadiums. I of course like LOS but being a Colts fan I’m biased! 

I am not just saying this because I am a Colts fan but LOS is immaculate. It is clean, the seating is good, plenty of bathrooms, and history throughout the stadium. If anyone says that is a dump, they belong in a straight jacket and must hate everything lmao.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not just saying this because I am a Colts fan but LOS is immaculate. It is clean, the seating is good, plenty of bathrooms, and history throughout the stadium. If anyone says that is a dump, they belong in a straight jacket and must hate everything lmao.  

It’s super stunning on the outside as well. One of the most visually impressive stadiums I’ve seen. 

• Like 1

Cubs are on fire right now. Have won 4 in a row. Beat the Cards 3 straight and took out the White Sox last night.

At 49-51, the Cubs are only 6 games out of 1st place in the NL Central behind the 56-46 Brewers. If I am the Cubs, I don't buy or sell. I just stay with what I got and play the season out. There are still 62 games left. Back in 2018, the Cubs were 7.5 games ahead of the Brewers with just 50 games left and the Brewers ended up winning the division by 1 game. Anything can happen.

• Like 1

Cubs now at 50-51. Just 1 game below .500. 5 straight wins as the Cubs took care of the lowly White Sox again. Cubs are still 6 games out of 1st in the NL Central behind the Brewers who are 57-46 as they won tonight but only 5 back in the loss column.

Big 4 game series coming up at St Louis starting tomorrow. Cubs haven't been .500 since May 12th when they were 19-19. Cubs now have another chance. The team seems to be meshing really well chemistry wise. Bellinger, Nico, Swanson, Suzuki, Steele, Stroman, and Hendricks are forming a nice squad.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs now at 50-51. Just 1 game below .500. 5 straight wins as the Cubs took care of the lowly White Sox again. Cubs are still 6 games out of 1st in the NL Central behind the Brewers who are 57-46 as they won tonight but only 5 back in the loss column.

Big 4 game series coming up at St Louis starting tomorrow. Cubs haven't been .500 since May 12th when they were 19-19. Cubs now have another chance. The team seems to be meshing really well chemistry wise. Bellinger, Nico, Swanson, Suzuki, Steele, Stroman, and Hendricks are forming a nice squad.

Cubs take game 1. Back to .500

I was at this game. Soooo hot out there today

Mikolas got ejected in first inning with two outs. He got ejected cuz he hit Happ in the back (after an up and in pitch) after hat hit Contreras on a back swing and Contreras had to leave the game cuz his head was bleeding. Happ and Contreras hugged it out before he left field. Mikolas was rightfully ejected imo. Umps do not need to give warning always when its that obviously intentional. They know protecting players is more important. But if you listen to Cardinals broadcast or reporters they act like it wasn't warranted. Im hoping mlb decides to suspend him to show that it won't be tolerated. Pitching in is one thing, what he did was so crap and could get another guy injured. Marmot also got ejected after arguing. Cubs then went on to score 3 in 1st inning after two were out 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cubs win their 6th straight game by smashing the Cards in St Louis 10-3. We are now finally at .500 on the season again at 51-51. We are very much in the race to see who wins the NL Central as the end of July nears and that is all you can ask. 

NL Central Standings through July 28th, 12am est time:

1. Brewers 57-46

2. Reds 56-48 (1.5 back)

3. Cubs 51-51 (5.5 back) - just 5.5 back

4. Cards 46-58 (11.5 back)

5. Pirates 45-57 (11.5 back)

@HOZER, you want to do the honors for old time sake getting back to .500 (you know what I mean).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win their 6th straight game by smashing the Cards in St Louis 10-3. We are now finally at .500 on the season again at 51-51. We are very much in the race to see who wins the NL Central as the end of July nears and that is all you can ask. 

NL Central Standings through July 28th, 12am est time:

1. Brewers 57-46

2. Reds 56-48 (1.5 back)

3. Cubs 51-51 (5.5 back) - just 5.5 back

4. Cards 46-58 (11.5 back)

5. Pirates 45-57 (11.5 back)

@HOZER, you want to do the honors for old time sake getting back to .500 (you know what I mean).

I got you brotha……

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Big stretch of games coming Brethren, I actually think we can win this division. We just need to keep it going. I am loving this team right now.

They’re definitely gelling at the right time….Hoping they’re buyers and not sellers, gotta keep the mojo going!!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, HOZER said:

They’re definitely gelling at the right time….Hoping they’re buyers and not sellers, gotta keep the mojo going!!!

Could be like old times again, you and I back flying the flag doing games. Them pesky Brewers are still around and 5.5 ahead. Reds are having a great season for them but I like the Reds, - unless we play them lol.

I am really shocked the Cards stink this much. Cards are a team I always respect and just expect to be good every year. 

On 7/24/2023 at 10:48 AM, Myles said:

what.jpg

Wrigley is NOT a dump, especially after all the renovations that have been completed recently.  Been going to games there for years and never once thought it was a dump. In fact if you do a quick search it’s in most polls top 5 stadiums in US. Regardless, most go to watch baseball, drink Old Styles, and eat chicago dogs, couldn’t care less about sticky floors and crappy bathrooms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HOZER said:

what.jpg

Wrigley is NOT a dump, especially after all the renovations that have been completed recently.  Been going to games there for years and never once thought it was a dump. In fact if you do a quick search it’s in most polls top 5 stadiums in US. Regardless, most go to watch baseball, drink Old Styles, and eat chicago dogs, couldn’t care less about sticky floors and crappy bathrooms.

Yeah I think because the Cubbies are better, ol Myles was having sour grapes. I honestly have never heard anyone call Wrigley a dump either. My cousin and her husband go to a few games every year and they think the stadium is fine. They even love the nostalgia about it. Her husband loves the Chicago Dog. My cousin is a neat freak and she keeps her house spotless and has no problem with Wrigley Field. 

• Like 1

Since we have won the WS becoming Champions in 2016, Cards and White Sox fans have had their underwear in a bunch lmao . They can't accept the fact we have been better than they have since the 2016 season (that is 2016-2023 which is the current season). White Sox have absolutely stunk to high heaven since we have won it all, Cards have been good but we have been better. Cubs have won 3 Division Championships since 2016 and have won the NL and the WS since then (2016). Cubs won the Central in 2016, 2017, and 2020/Cards won the Central in 2019, and 2022 only twice. White Sox have won the toilet award for smelling up the baseball world haha . Toilet Bathroom GIF by 60 Second Docs

This season we are now 51-51, Cards are 46-58, White Sox are 41-63,The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO).

What is funny is, I hate the Brewers worse than those 2 teams. It is their fan base more than anything. They are leading the division this year so far but have 0 WS Championships in their whole franchise history which started in 1969. Fans of a team can't talk smack at all unless they have won a Championship. That has been the golden rule for all fans. I could never say anything until 2016. Now I can, so the haters can't say anything now lmao.

Brewers are 0 for 54 (1969-2022 seasons) Smackdown Live Reaction GIF by WWE

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HOZER said:

what.jpg

I actually heard same comments last night at cubs/cards from a Cardinals fan. It is pretty much the only fan base (brewers for the few fans) who will say something like that 

• Like 1

Cubs beat the Cards again for their 7th straight win. Tauchman saved the game by robbing the Cards of a 2 run HR in the 9th inning to preserve the 3-2 win. Brewers lost so now the Cubs are only 4.5 games out of 1ST place in the NL Central. Cubs are above .500 at 52-51, Brewers fall to 57-47. 

On sports radio, nobody is talking about the Cubs. They better start because we are coming and we aren't trading anyone either so the media can get that out of their head. 

Fly the Flag @HOZER.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 10:35 AM, HOZER said:

what.jpg

We disagree, no big deal.  I was just very disappointed in the stadium.   It felt as old as it is and not in a good way. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs beat the Cards again for their 7th straight win. Tauchman saved the game by robbing the Cards of a 2 run HR in the 9th inning to preserve the 3-2 win. Brewers lost so now the Cubs are only 4.5 games out of 1ST place in the NL Central. Cubs are above .500 at 52-51, Brewers fall to 57-47. 

On sports radio, nobody is talking about the Cubs. They better start because we are coming and we aren't trading anyone either so the media can get that out of their head. 

Fly the Flag @HOZER.

Beautiful catch, Alzolay had me a little worried!

image.thumb.png.d70c3d0781df8f65a0cb0aa25e93c555.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 8th in row tonight. Take out the Cards again. Brewers and Reds both lose. NL Central Standings going into July 30th:

1. Brewers 57-48

2. Reds 57-49 (.5 back)

3. Cubs 53-51 (3.5 back)

It's a 3 team race now. Cubs are only 3 back in the loss column behind the Brewers.

@HOZER, this is looking better and better.

They haven’t won this many games in a row  since…….2016! crazy huh? Let’s get  a sweep tomorrow then I hope they can keep this going against the Reds/Braves! 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, HOZER said:

They haven’t won this many games in a row  since…….2016! crazy huh? Let’s get  a sweep tomorrow then I hope they can keep this going against the Reds/Braves! 

This Cubs team is even surprising me. Their chemistry seems to be perfect right now and they are healthy. 2 critical things to have in Baseball. That Reds series is going to be huge.

I figured by now Joe Buck, the media in general, specifically ESPN would be telling the Cards to sell and break their team up like they did with us in 2021. It won't happen with the Cards because the media thinks that team walks on water no matter what. Least the Cards can do is give us Arenado since we forced Kris Bryant out do to pressure to sell. We need a 3rd baseman equivalent. I know it will never happen but I am still steamed about what happened in 2021.

So far not looking good today. Down 3-0. Beating them 4 straight at St Louis would have been asking a lot so not a huge deal if we drop one. Counting the games we just played them in Chicago, we have beat them 6 in a row. I can't ever remember when that has happened. Brewers are losing today again so it is all good. If we can't rally, we lose no ground.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So far not looking good today. Down 3-0. Beating them 4 straight at St Louis would have been asking a lot so not a huge deal if we drop one. Counting the games we just played them in Chicago, we have beat them 6 in a row. I can't ever remember when that has happened. Brewers are losing today again so it is all good. If we can't rally, we lose no ground.

The Professors off his game today, might be an early exit for him. Theirs plenty of game left but not looking so hot at the moment.

Stromans been rocky lately, hope he gets it going again. Would be nice to take the Reds down. Wonder who they’re looking at picking up since all signs point to them be buyers, if there’s anyone let that’s not injured.

• Like 1