Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[NFL.com] Daniel Jeremiah 2023 NFL Mock Draft, version 1.0

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2023-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-texans-ravens-among-four-teams-selecting

This is Jeremiah's first mock draft of the season so I think it's worthy of a new topic, having in mind the connections he has in the league. We might glean some things about the way the league might be evaluating some players.

Seems like he didn't do trades so keep that in mind. He gives the Colts Will Levis at 4:

Pick 4 Indianapolis Colts

Will Levis, QB

School: Kentucky

Year: Senior (RS)

The tape for Levis is a roller-coaster ride. The strong-armed passer showed flashes of brilliance and the ability to avoid pressure and create; he also showed a penchant for turning the ball over (23 picks over his last two seasons). Colts GM Chris Ballard has always valued traits and upside. This pick just feels like a good gamble for Indianapolis. 

Here are some notables in his mock:

- The Bears go Jalen Carter with the no. 1 pick

- Devon Witherspoon is first CB drafted at 6. PFF has an insane stat for him that's quite unbelieveable - he gave up a grand total of 1 yard in press coverage this year. ONE! Total! Not per target. Not per game! ONE TOTAL. The whole year! 

- Peter Skoronski OT1 at 7

- Tyree Wilson(5) and Lukas Van Ness(8) go before Myles Murphy at 10. This is somewhat interesting. I think a lot of the mocks I've seen have Murphy as the 5th player after the top 2 QBs and Carter and Will Anderson. 

- Joey Porter Jr CB2 - at 12 to Texans

- O'Cyrus Torrence goes 17. Pretty high for interior Lineman. First IOL in the draft

- Trenton Simpson  goes 18 - 1st ILB in the draft 

- Emmanuel Forbes 19 - I think this is the highest I've seen him go. 

- Dalton Kincaid - TE1! Goes no. 21 to Chargers. This is interesting. Goes ahead of Michael Mayer. 

- Anthony RIchardson goes 22 to the Ravens! His idea is if negotiations on new contract stall, they can franchise tag Lamar and bring in Richardson to develop for the future. 

- Tyrique Stevenson goes in R1. Highest I've seen him. 

- Only 2 WRs in R1 - Jordan Addison(25) and Jaxon Smith-Njigba (31). No Quentin Johnston.

- Bryan Bresee - no.30 - the lowest I've seen him anywhere. 

- 6 CBs in R1. 7 if you count Branch as CB. Very strong CB class

On 1/26/2023 at 10:54 AM, Defjamz26 said:

He has Quenton Johnston falling out of the first round which would be music to my ears. I’d trade up in the 2nd round with the Bears to get him. There’s your real X receiver for years to come.

I agree on Johnston,would be a steal in the 2nd.

On 1/26/2023 at 10:54 AM, Defjamz26 said:

He has Quenton Johnston falling out of the first round which would be music to my ears. I’d trade up in the 2nd round with the Bears to get him. There’s your real X receiver for years to come.

This would be awesome. Get our QB at 4 and then a stud WR in the 2nd. He would be a steal and phenomenal weapon for a young QB. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Good point, I just thought that Stroud was the consensus top pick of the three…

Nooo... if there is a consensus, it's Young... but even he's not exactly consensus. From what I'm seeing it seems to be something like... 70% Young, 10-20% Stroud, 10-20% Levis... 1-2% Richardson. 

Archived