Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 18: Texans @ Colts, Sun, 1/8/23, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

probably is for the best. but i like to see our players succeed. 

Yeah a part of me is mixed. I can't believe we gave up a 4th and 20 then a 2 to lose. I have seen it all now. Only time in my Colts fandom since 1984 that I didn't care if we won or lost was in 2011 because I knew Luck was coming out in 2012. It wasn't until we were 0-8 though were I didn't care.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

agreed. I hope my fandom never gets to the point of rooting for a loss. 

All about perspective. Some can see the bigger picture. We all still want what’s best for the Colts. Those happy today are so because it improves our draft slot which is more important going forward  than a meaningless win today in an already lost season.  Black Monday tomorrow. Fingers crossed that Colts get involved. Let the purging begin. Time to get to work in trying to fix this big mess. 

• Like 2

Okay gurls and guys, this has been a humuiliating and wild season for us.

We shall see how the draft will go. Since I don1t know the prospects well enough, I have no idea who would help us at QB (if we draft a QB at all). Drafting a QB is always tricky, as a prospect may be proven to be gold...or bust. And anything between. There are no prospects like Luck was, so I'm not sure we will find a franchise QB caliber guy this year, or next. I hope we will...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLTS!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stitches said:

If anyone can tell me why are our starters still in the game? Why are players paid 50-100M in a game that we have zero interest in winning? 

We tried to win, just as the Texans did - these are players & coaches who have pride, and are unconcerned about their respective team's draft position in April.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

We tried to win, just as the Texans did - these are players & coaches who have pride, and are unconcerned about their respective team's draft position in April.

Yeah, Texans probably shouldn't have made it known about Lovie leaving with the Bears in position for the 1. This game was basically an audition for the 2023 season with other teams.