Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank being Frank

bleed blue4life

Reich spent 13 years as QB in the NFL before coaching for another 16 years in the NFL. I guess we are finally going to see if can coach up a young quarterback with some limitations; instead of buying his face in a play sheet with a veteran QB. It's the eleventh-hour for Frank.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, DougDew said:

I don't know that Irsay feels the same way, was my point.  I think he has thought that he is just a QB away from Division title and a few pieces a way from SB.  Not sure that he sees the need to blow up the coaching staff when he himself doesn't like the QBs and the team achieves a near 500 record.  

Not sure anyone knows how Irsay feels (about coaching). 

I'm sure it's difficult to admit failure at coaching given the situation.

But I do believe is Frank is gone after the season. Unless Sam beats the odds. 

47 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not sure anyone knows how Irsay feels (about coaching). 

I'm sure it's difficult to admit failure at coaching given the situation.

But I do believe is Frank is gone after the season. Unless Sam beats the odds. 

I think it comes down to the same calculus as it always does....W/L record.  He fired both Tobin and Polian and the coaches after 3-13 seasons.   If we go 6-11 Frank is fired and probably Ballard too (he's been kinda treading water with his approach).  Anything better than that and Irsay could look at the progression of the younger players drafted the last two years on O and D and still think we are a real QB and one Olineman away.  I don't think he fires anybody then.

I think Irsay will look at the big picture and not get into the minutia of scheme and pass patterns and personnel usage on offense; and using this draft pick on this player instead of that player in terms of roster build.....like we can can caught up with every week here.  JMO.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think it comes down to the same calculus as it always does....W/L record.  He fired both Tobin and Polian and the coaches after 3-13 seasons.   If we go 6-11 Frank is fired and probably Ballard too (he's been kinda treading water with his approach).  Anything better than that and Irsay could look at the progression of the younger players drafted the last two years on O and D and still think we are a real QB and one Olineman away.  I don't think he fires anybody then.

I think Irsay will look at the big picture and not get into the minutia of scheme and pass patterns and personnel usage on offense; and using this draft pick on this player instead of that player in terms of roster build.....like we can can caught up with every week here.  JMO.

It's not minutia. We have several years to look at it. 

And again, we don't know what personnel decisions are tagged to Ballard (aside from FIsher).

But we know some decisions have Reich's and Irsay's fingerprints all over them. 

And regardless, none really are transparent in terms of what they think individually. All the coach/GM/Owner talk is just noise. Irsay is really the only one who can't hold his mouth. But tossing a player under the bus, or talking smack about another owner, really doesn't help. 

Regardless, it looks like Reich lost the fans. You might say it doesn't matter to Irsay, but it does it matter lol... But the overwhelming number of fans (and more and more media now) are done with Reich. And it looks like Reich has lost a lot of players too. 

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

It's not minutia. We have several years to look at it. 

And again, we don't know what personnel decisions are tagged to Ballard (aside from FIsher).

But we know some decisions have Reich's and Irsay's fingerprints all over them. 

And regardless, none really are transparent in terms of what they think individually. All the coach/GM/Owner talk is just noise. Irsay is really the only one who can't hold his mouth. But tossing a player under the bus, or talking smack about another owner, really doesn't help. 

Regardless, it looks like Reich lost the fans. You might say it doesn't matter to Irsay, but it does it matter lol... But the overwhelming number of fans (and more and more media now) are done with Reich. And it looks like Reich has lost a lot of players too. 

I said the stuff we talk about and how we talk about it is minutia to Irsay,  He already knows what decisions are being made and why. 

I think he'll look at the big picture stuff, like does Frank have clout left, or why don't we have a QB and LT...or general ticket generating Star power....after 5 years into this.  And he'll probably reflect on how much influence he has had on all of it, with his divisive vax/Wentz comments and QB meddling impacting both the roster and the locker room.

If we go 2 and 5 I think he'll think Frank and maybe Ballard should have done better.  Any record better than that and I think he'll say that this 3 amigos brain trust is just a QB and another player away.

18 hours ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Reich spent 13 years as QB in the NFL before coaching for another 16 years in the NFL. I guess we are finally going to see if can coach up a young quarterback with some limitations; instead of buying his face in a play sheet with a veteran QB. It's the eleventh-hour for Frank.

That pretty well sums it up.

15 hours ago, DougDew said:

I said the stuff we talk about and how we talk about it is minutia to Irsay,  He already knows what decisions are being made and why. 

I think he'll look at the big picture stuff, like does Frank have clout left, or why don't we have a QB and LT...or general ticket generating Star power....after 5 years into this.  And he'll probably reflect on how much influence he has had on all of it, with his divisive vax/Wentz comments and QB meddling impacting both the roster and the locker room.

If we go 2 and 5 I think he'll think Frank and maybe Ballard should have done better.  Any record better than that and I think he'll say that this 3 amigos brain trust is just a QB and another player away.

Why 2-5. We have 10 games left. 

Wouldn't be shocked if Irsay made a executive decision to start Sam, and basically to sink or swim... Sam swims, or tank the rest of the season. 

And I think the locker is impacted. I get the sense guys are just on auto, and will just get as much $$ they can. 

Archived