Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We fans want answers

4daUColts

you know, maybe not all beligerant fans deserve an answer to why our football team is not playing quality colts football, but some of us do. i d like to see players and coaches step up, and let us know whats going on. 

someone needs to step up and light a fire in our team, wheres the energy, wheres the effort, if we lack the energy do a speed move. make it simple... all in all its been an embarassing year for the organization so far, and as a fan i feel duped.

1 hour ago, 4daUColts said:

you know, maybe not all beligerant fans deserve an answer to why our football team is not playing quality colts football, but some of us do. i d like to see players and coaches step up, and let us know whats going on. 

someone needs to step up and light a fire in our team, wheres the energy, wheres the effort, if we lack the energy do a speed move. make it simple... all in all its been an embarassing year for the organization so far, and as a fan i feel duped.

Jack Nicholson Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

1 hour ago, 4daUColts said:

Answers almost never happen DURING the season.   Not on any team.   Open honest answers now leads to finger pointing and people being thrown under the bus.  Nobody wants that. 

Ballard will talk roughly around week 8/9.  Odds are he will publicly take all the responsibility whether or not it’s his fault or someone else’s.   That’s what good GMs do and what CB has done in the past.  

But the more blunt evaluation and explanation will come when the season ends.   So while you may want answers now,  the odds are not good that you’re going to get anything before January.  

Sorry. 

Remember, as bad as things are right now, we are still in contention for a playoff spot. You want to keep things positive for as long as possible. 

These 2 wins against denver and KC are giving ballard and reich valid reasons to not deliberate on why the team is sucking. This record breakingly bad offense has us at 2-2-1 which should be 3-2 if Rod doesn't miss the easy game winner. Probably just going to be a lot of optimism from Ballard. "Hey we haven't figured this out yet and we are still well in the mix. Watch out for us when we get things right".

15 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

These 2 wins against denver and KC are giving ballard and reich valid reasons to not deliberate on why the team is sucking. This record breakingly bad offense has us at 2-2-1 which should be 3-2 if Rod doesn't miss the easy game winner. Probably just going to be a lot of optimism from Ballard. "Hey we haven't figured this out yet and we are still well in the mix. Watch out for us when we get things right".

the colts 2 wins are some of the luckiest wins ever .  you get the chiefs missing chip shot field goals and dumb fake field goal . then add chris jones taunting penalty .   wilson almost handed us that last win missing wide open wrs and dumb play calls .    we are very lucky to be 2-2   but something needs to change if we  play the jags and punt every drive we will get taken to the wood shed again

46 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Answers almost never happen DURING the season.   Not on any team.   Open honest answers now leads to finger pointing and people being thrown under the bus.  Nobody wants that. 

Nailed it.

We need to put more money into the interior o-line. $50million just isn’t enough in average salary lol.  

Really though, it’s a bad combination when you have a bad Oline to go with a pocket QB. Limits you on the ways you can hide bad protection by moving the pocket and rolling out to slow down the rush. Add to it that with it either being poor play calling or lack of WR being able to achieve quick separation and you get a struggle on almost every pass play.  

17 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

The team just changed THREE offensive lineman on a SHORT WEEK.   That’s at best a move of desperation, and at worst, out and out panic. 

And you think the team is not deliberating why the team is so bad?    WTH?

It’s triage time.   You try to fix the problems you have now.   You figure out all the things that went wrong at the end of the season. 

Dear God….      :facepalm:

2 hours ago, 4daUColts said:

At least special teams gets fired up every time they tackle someone.

Whats your expectation? Maybe thats whats at fault.  Do you watch any press conferences? THEY TELL US EVERY WEEK!!!!! Sometimes its as simple as HUMAN ERROR. 

I personally expect to see a team of players to go out and play football each and every week. I hope i get to see a win each week but if i don't hey theres next week.  

Due to the Manning era of winning alot of this fan base is spoiled, feels entitled and sometimes expect too much. 

I don't buy a Kia and expect it to be a Corvette. Team owners are SALESPEOPLE. 

For the fans that complain about how much money the Oline makes EVERY PLAYER on every team is OVER PAID IMHO , I am happy for them though. 

Sometimes when i see some posts on here I think to myself and I'm like what if that person was at work and had THOUSANDS, if not MILLIONS of people watching them at their job I am sure everybody would point out your mistakes also.  Granted this is one of the reasons they are paid those big bucks also . 

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

How would this be any different if we (say) lost 20-24 to Jaguars, beat the Chiefs 31-28 and lost to Titans 24-27 or beat the Broncos 24-21?

There are no style points in the NFL folks.

That’s a fair point.    But I don’t look at all wins or all losses as the same.   Not when you lose to J’Ville the way the Colts did.   We were simply NOT competitive.   So that’s not just a loss, or even a bad loss.   That’s a loss that should shake everyone to their core.    

Im skeptical about the win over the Chiefs. As I’ve stated in several posts, that felt to me much more like KC lost the game more than Indy won the game.  

We have yet to show enough on offense that is a sustainable formula for success.  Something that will work the rest of the season.   We might someday, but it feels to me like we are a long way off. 

Our offense is dependent on a good to very good OL.   So changing 3 OL spots on a short week is a HUGE Red Flag.  A bad performance was not hard to predict.  Doesn’t mean we won’t get better during October.   We might be much better in the second half of the season.  But we MUST figure out the OL.   It’s everything for the Colts. 

12 hours ago, strt182 said:

Due to the Manning era of winning alot of this fan base is spoiled, feels entitled and sometimes expect too much. 

This “Colts fans are spolied” narrative is just balony. 

Chicago Bears have had 4 GMs and 5 HCs since 2000. Are they spoiled for being good in the 80’s?

San Fransisco 49’ers have had 4 GMs and 9 HCs since 2000. Are they spoiled for winning 5 SBs and having Montana and Young back-to-back?

Green Bay Packers have had 4 GMs and 4 HCs since 2000. Are they spoiled for having Favre and Rodgers back-to-back?

These are just the three I bothered to look up. 

After 6 years of mediocracy, the same mistakes and no sign of improvement it’s okay for Colts fans to start asking if the current FO and coaching staff are capable of making this team a contender. 

Here are your answers Needed a Long term franchise QB once Luck retired didnt get one (havent even tried) Needed a LT when Castanzo was talked out of retirement, and again once he retired (haven't even tried) Needed a top 5 wide out havent tried, needed a top 10 DB haven't tried need a top 5 pass rusher never even tried , 2nd round fixer he is...........all the safe picks, Guard, LB, DL,S  (lots of DL/OL fillers) all have been fine, value pick a 1st round talent in 2nd round on a position that has been devalued by pass happy league in JT....kudo's on all the cream filling, I give CB an (A) but his deliberate lack of risk taking/trade upping or any effort to fill a marquee position gets him and (F) in my book, you never pick the wrong QB when you never pick one....you never pick the wrong LT when you never pick one, you never pick the wrong pass rusher when you never pick one.......He has been safe, and safe makes for a roster full of players that IF we had marquee players....would be really good.....but without a difference maker anywhere we are average, I might argue we have THE best average roster possible.....the problem is we are in a league where good beats average.....

On 10/7/2022 at 8:18 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard will talk roughly around week 8/9.  Odds are he will publicly take all the responsibility whether or not it’s his fault or someone else’s.   That’s what good GMs do and what CB has done in the past.  

But the more blunt evaluation and explanation will come when the season ends.   So while you may want answers now,  the odds are not good that you’re going to get anything before January.  

Sorry. 

Remember, as bad as things are right now, we are still in contention for a playoff spot. You want to keep things positive for as long as possible. 

i am trying to stay positive. and i think the team still has a good chance at making the playoffs. nelson needs to step up and be a leader to these guys struggling on the o line. im sure he is to some degree. but they are going to be the difference of wether we have a superbowl team this year or not. defense is doing amazing. our wr are doing MUCH better, not just pierce, dulin, strachn. id like to see mac a little more involved. but everything this team is now comes down to this oline. lets get it fixed. major priority for us going all the way.

side note: other than the titans game the defense has been amazing. jville i dont count because it was obvious we let them win for whatever reason. DO NOT let henry get the ball for whatever reason. these are division games coming up. i wanna see some anger and emotion from this team. as well as poise.

I feel ya on the anger and emotion, which kinda doesnt go with poise (but I get the princple) . But if we must lose, I would add, Lets lose with some sloppy anger and emotion, Cause losing with poise and grace has made me weary......As a fan you can only check the patient for a pulse for so long before you declare the season dead. 

Archived