Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

my concern still (V)

ruf

1 hour ago, ruf said:

5 sacks and lots of pressure and no openings for JT

how did LT do today?

LT played not bad but the problem is still RG Pinter. His pass blocking grade of 39.1 ranks him 60th among guards thats before this game, and he got again in this game or having Kelly Smith busy helping Pinter out and allowing sack. It is a mess Glowinski looks like most underrated and underappreciated here. 

OL and Matts fumble are concerning. 

Kicker was concerning, but looks that that has been resolved. WR when all played was good Like Pierce Pittman and Woods. Run D and overall the D played well specially Thomas after Blackmon got injured. 

so yeah OL, Matty fumbles 

So Pryor quietly has a decent game and no one wants to give him props? Also, everyone pump the breaks of Smith having a bad game.

Pryor and Smith allowed just 1 QB hurry between them yesterday, and Pryor had the best run blocking grade on our OL.

I think this O-Line isnt as bad as people are making it out to be. Has it been a strenght of the team so far? No absolutely not. BUT, I really do think a lot of the errors are very fixable and will be fixed with more time for Matt Ryan and the O-Line to be on the same page, setting the right protections etc.

Pinter has been bad though, ill grant that, he is getting bulldozed. Other than that, our guys arent getting 'beat' all that much, they are just blowing protections and people are running right through... That isnt the OL being incapable, its the O-Line not being in sync yet, not having the communication with Matt Ryan down yet.

Come week 6 or 7 i expect this Offense to look entirely different.

2 hours ago, Dark Superman said:

Pinter and Smith have been the biggest issues on the OL. Hopefully, Bernhard Raimann replaces Matt Pryor once he comes back from injury. The Colts need to get Pinter out of the lineup but I'm not sure anyone they have on the roster right now is any better.

Maybe yank pinter out and put the rookie at guard. Pinter is messing up the entirety of the line

49 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

So Pryor quietly has a decent game and no one wants to give him props? Also, everyone pump the breaks of Smith having a bad game.

Pryor and Smith allowed just 1 QB hurry between them yesterday, and Pryor had the best run blocking grade on our OL.

I think this O-Line isnt as bad as people are making it out to be. Has it been a strenght of the team so far? No absolutely not. BUT, I really do think a lot of the errors are very fixable and will be fixed with more time for Matt Ryan and the O-Line to be on the same page, setting the right protections etc.

Pinter has been bad though, ill grant that, he is getting bulldozed. Other than that, our guys arent getting 'beat' all that much, they are just blowing protections and people are running right through... That isnt the OL being incapable, its the O-Line not being in sync yet, not having the communication with Matt Ryan down yet.

I agree. I need to watch the all 22 to break it down more but it looked like the pressure from the outsides wasnt a huge issue.  They talked about it a lot on tv how guys were coming in unaccounted for. Frank Clark absolutely destroyed Pinter on one play.  The interior OL of Pinter and Kelly felt like it had the bad game yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Chucklez said:

same, once our ol kicks in. i wish we played every team like we play kc. im not doubting this team can put up high scores, but were not going to put up 35 every week.plus we do it against kc, we can do it to anyone.

8 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

LT played not bad but the problem is still RG Pinter. His pass blocking grade of 39.1 ranks him 60th among guards thats before this game, and he got again in this game or having Kelly Smith busy helping Pinter out and allowing sack. It is a mess Glowinski looks like most underrated and underappreciated here. 

OL and Matts fumble are concerning. 

Kicker was concerning, but looks that that has been resolved. WR when all played was good Like Pierce Pittman and Woods. Run D and overall the D played well specially Thomas after Blackmon got injured. 

so yeah OL, Matty fumbles 

Glow has been almost as been as Pinter for giants , don’t know if he is injured but reed hasnt played at all for Vikings. We all knew Pinter was to small to be playing rg he doesn’t have to size or strength for rg which is normally maulers 

2 hours ago, Chucklez said:

One weak link can hurt the whole squad which is Pinter , some of the pressures is on Matt Ryan to holding the ball which I think will be fix by mid season , 

5 hours ago, Dark Superman said:

Pinter and Smith have been the biggest issues on the OL. Hopefully, Bernhard Raimann replaces Matt Pryor once he comes back from injury. The Colts need to get Pinter out of the lineup but I'm not sure anyone they have on the roster right now is any better.

Move Pryor to RG and start Raimann at LT

4 hours ago, Myles said:

My biggest concern is Reich.  

4th down at midfield when you are up 7-0 is not the time to go for it.  The fumble could have cost us the game.    I'm starting to think he is an *.

Our defense was playing well and we were ahead. A real headscratcher . 

Archived