Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

W2 NFL Games (general)

EastStreet

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

No I never said that. He just has a lot of growth needed yet. He was under 60% week one. He is going to have to get a little more accuracy and growth. That team has very good offensive weapons. They had the lead in commanders week one and should have wine that game.

Would you trade the Colts next 2 1st Rd and 2nd picks for Lawrence? 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I wonder much impact (on D) from Reich. 

Dunno

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I'll keep Defo, if not, bring back Autry lol... 

Defo’s best days are behind him. 

PFF of 89 in 2020, 2021 was 71, expect the same or lower in 2022. 

20 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Would you trade the Colts next 2 1st Rd and 2nd picks for Lawrence? 

Probably. He’s coachable. He’s humble. He knows he needs to get better. He got thrown into a weird, wild and downright ugly coaching situation for his rookie year. 

He’s not great yet. But he can get there if he can focus more on the mental side of his game. 

30 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

James Cook with a nice 38 yard run. Nice to see something from him. Should earn him more playing time next week.

Robinson is their best back and it  isn't particularly close. Etienne has done nothing and isn't even getting most of the carries.

Nope, Robinson just a guy, no one views him as much more honestly. The media is all over Travis and so far the media is right. Etiiene avg 1.3 more yards per carry and has out rec him by a 3-1 margin so far.

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Nope, Robinson just a guy, no one views him as much more honestly. The media is all over Travis and so far the media is right. Etiiene avg 1.3 more yards per carry and has out rec him by a 3-1 margin so far.

Ok, the Jaguars disagree with you by how they use both of them, but you're allowed to believe what you think.

Jared, I've been a Colt fan for over 50 years, I get extremely disgusted when db's play 8 yards off and then stand there as a receiver comes off the line and runs an easy slant for a td.(see Kirks first td). Gm's change, coaches change, and players change but the results remain the same. Why? At least when we had Manning we got into the playoffs 9 straight years. Unmatched at any time during the tenure of the 50 years of Irsay ownership. Truth is since 1993 we've had I believe only 6 losing seasons: '97, '98, '01, '11, '17, '19. Heck, every season from '78 through '86 was dismal. What was really disgusting in Sundays game was the number of times we had the Jags in 3rd and long and gave up an easy first down. At least in the 4th quarter the Colts finally figured out the Jags were going to throw quick, short passes and guarded the receivers more tightly. But, why did it take 3 quarters to figure that out? There's only 3 teams in the afc that have a better roster than the Colts: Bills, Chiefs, and maybe Chargers. And don't say Bengals, there's more holes in the Bengal roster than a pound of Swiss cheese.

20 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ok, the Jaguars disagree with you by how they use both of them, but you're allowed to believe what you think.

Not just me pretty much everyone and Jags already starting to split snaps early and this with Etienne coming off a major injury during his rookie season so no they arent disagreeing at all. Good chance neither becomes a star but Robinson had chances after a solid rookie season and didnt capitalize. 

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Not just me pretty much everyone and Jags already starting to split snaps early and this with Etienne coming off a major injury during his rookie season so no they arent disagreeing at all. Good chance neither becomes a star but Robinson had chances after a solid rookie season and didnt capitalize. 

You realize Robinson is coming off a torn achilles, right? He's not at full strength yet. You are only acknowledging Etienne's injury. Robinson is outsnapping him pretty heavily right now, and Etienne is a change of pace back. He was getting garbage time carries last game after the Jaguars were ahead of the Colts by so much. Yes, he gets receptions, but he also doesn't get goal line carries.

Robinson is the workhorse right now. The media just hypes up the first-round guy and doesn't care about the undrafted FA. Usually the media has no idea what it's talking about.

13 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Jared, I've been a Colt fan for over 50 years, I get extremely disgusted when db's play 8 yards off and then stand there as a receiver comes off the line and runs an easy slant for a td.(see Kirks first td). Gm's change, coaches change, and players change but the results remain the same. Why? At least when we had Manning we got into the playoffs 9 straight years. Unmatched at any time during the tenure of the 50 years of Irsay ownership. Truth is since 1993 we've had I believe only 6 losing seasons: '97, '98, '01, '11, '17, '19. Heck, every season from '78 through '86 was dismal. What was really disgusting in Sundays game was the number of times we had the Jags in 3rd and long and gave up an easy first down. At least in the 4th quarter the Colts finally figured out the Jags were going to throw quick, short passes and guarded the receivers more tightly. But, why did it take 3 quarters to figure that out? There's only 3 teams in the afc that have a better roster than the Colts: Bills, Chiefs, and maybe Chargers. And don't say Bengals, there's more holes in the Bengal roster than a pound of Swiss cheese.

Fair enough, and I do think the Colts roster is talented. I just think 1.) we are talented at the wrong positions, and 2.) we have horrible coaching. Those are the two things holding us back.

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You realize Robinson is coming off a torn achilles, right? He's not at full strength yet. You are only acknowledging Etienne's injury. Robinson is outsnapping him pretty heavily right now, and Etienne is a change of pace back. He was getting garbage time carries last game after the Jaguars were ahead of the Colts by so much. Yes, he gets receptions, but he also doesn't get goal line carries.

Robinson is the workhorse right now. The media just hypes up the first-round guy and doesn't care about the undrafted FA. Usually the media has no idea what it's talking about.

Yes and Ettiene off a Lisc Franc injury which happened during his rookie preseason (So had no previous real game time experience). Actually game 1 their share snaps equally (look it up). Media does favor high round picks because teams invest in high round rbs when not sold on what they have or feel the back available is special.  Ettiene's history with Lawrence certainly plays a role as well. Robinson is much a receiver again that limits what he can bring. Doug has always liked to use multiple backs and we should see some of Snoop as well especially around the goal line but again until Ettiene proves he is something at this level and unless Robinson somehow morphs into something better then we have ever seen Jags rb room is certainly a minus not a plus compared to the nfl norm.

On 9/20/2022 at 5:43 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Yes and Ettiene off a Lisc Franc injury which happened during his rookie preseason (So had no previous real game time experience). Actually game 1 their share snaps equally (look it up). Media does favor high round picks because teams invest in high round rbs when not sold on what they have or feel the back available is special.  Ettiene's history with Lawrence certainly plays a role as well. Robinson is much a receiver again that limits what he can bring. Doug has always liked to use multiple backs and we should see some of Snoop as well especially around the goal line but again until Ettiene proves he is something at this level and unless Robinson somehow morphs into something better then we have ever seen Jags rb room is certainly a minus not a plus compared to the nfl norm.

I think you're selling James Robinson very short.. It doesn't matter if he was undrafted, he has proven to be a starter in NFL for two straight seasons, and that's all that matters. 

Robinson broke the NFL record for most scrimmage yards of any undrafted rookie. That doesn't happen often in decades. 

There's zero indication that team wants Etienne to be starter anytime soon. If you want to look up game 1 snap stats when team was probably evaluating how they both were coming off their respective injuries, game 2 (most recent game) showed that Robinson had 23 rushing attempts for 64 yards while Etienne had 9 attempts for 20 yards. 

It might change from game to game and the hottest hand might get more snaps and carries going forward, but there's zero indication to assert like you've written, that Etienne is somehow the RB1 and Robinson is "just a guy". 

I'm really not sure why you would say that! @Jared Cisneros seemed to make it very clear and he was right. 

• 3 weeks later...

With Jags again on tap may be time to revisit and see where things stand in their backfield. Etienne has emerged as the main rb,he has out snapped Robinson 2 straight games and 3 of 5 for the season. He has more yards from scrimmage 339 vs 331 and a clear lead in yards per carries 4.9 vs 4.1 and yards per catch 11.3 vs 5.6. Robinson wont be totally fazed out and we should see him more in 3rd and short this week but Travis is the one they are depending on and we need and should be able to shut down.

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

With Jags again on tap may be time to revisit and see where things stand in their backfield. Etienne has emerged as the main rb,he has out snapped Robinson 2 straight games and 3 of 5 for the season. He has more yards from scrimmage 339 vs 331 and a clear lead in yards per carries 4.9 vs 4.1 and yards per catch 11.3 vs 5.6. Robinson wont be totally fazed out and we should see him more in 3rd and short this week but Travis is the one they are depending on and we need and should be able to shut down.

Ultimately, it depends on the decisions Lawrence makes. Doug Pederson pulled a Commanders' play calling yesterday asking Lawrence to throw more in the red zone instead of using Robinson more. Lawrence showed he wasn't ready. Difference between Lawrence and Tannehill is their willingness and knowing when to scramble, Tannehill is much better at that. 

Now, not only do we have 5 out of first 7 games inside the division, the most important one might be the one the Titans might play coming off a bye week against us at home. Irsay and the Colts have to point it to the league, how many other teams have they done this to? Titans and Jaguars - ONLY 3 OUT OF THEIR FIRST 7 are divisional games. WTH? It is not even fair within the AFC South for us. 

We survived Ettienne, hes coming on more and more just their club is a bit of a mess right now.  He started today and once again outperformed Robinson  108 yards to 55 the gap between them increases weekly as most experts around this area figured to happen. Again as the local club I get more Jags (and bucs) news then I can barely stand but does make you more aware of the clubs and what to expect.

Anyone still think Jags consider Robinson anything other then just a guy and media was wrong? Now relegated to 3rd string behind not only Etienne but JaMycal Hasty. 

Robinson zero carries, 1 target for zero catches..0 yards on the day

Etienne 114 yards rushing and a td......

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Any still think Jags consider Robinson anything other then just a guy and media was wrong? Now relegated to 3rd string behind not only Etienne but JaMycal Hasty. 

I passed up Robinson several times during fantasy drafting. Glad I made that decision.

6 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Anyone still think Jags consider Robinson anything other then just a guy and media was wrong? Now relegated to 3rd string behind not only Etienne but JaMycal Hasty. 

They haven't won a game since they stopped using him... lol

He had limited carries last week vs Indy, but IIRC, he had a 4+ YPC between the Ts, and Etienne had the outside rushes. 

And I thought he was questionable for today. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

They haven't won a game since they stopped using him... lol

He had limited carries last week vs Indy, but IIRC, he had a 4+ YPC between the Ts, and Etienne had the outside rushes. 

And I thought he was questionable for today. 

The Jags arent very good,many over reacted when the beat us and a very banged up Chargers squad but they are showing who they really are. 

Robinson 360 yards rush 4.2 avg  and 46 rec yards....406 yards from scrimmage     1 game over 100 yards from scrimmage

Etienne   415 yards rush  6.1 avg and 151 rec yards...566 yards from scrimmage    3 games over 100 yards from scrimmage

15 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

The Jags arent very good,many over reacted when the beat us and a very banged up Chargers squad but they are showing who they really are. 

Robinson 360 yards rush 4.2 avg  and 46 rec yards....406 yards from scrimmage     1 game over 100 yards from scrimmage

Etienne   415 yards rush  6.1 avg and 151 rec yards...566 yards from scrimmage    3 games over 100 yards from scrimmage

Until week 7, Etienne was used as an APB. Not a RB1 type. 

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Until week 7, Etienne was used as an APB. Not a RB1 type. 

He has out snapped Robinson 3 straight games now though and I doubt we see Robinson get phased all the way out as most clubs now use more a 2 back rotation but as long as Etienne remains healthy he will get the majority of snaps and yards. 

Archived