Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The big ones - how do we fare?

07dleigh

This team over the past few years has flashed the habit of playing down to lesser competition, but also the ability to play UP to competition & show that we can hang with the TOP of the NFL.

That being said...

week 3 vs KC

week 4 vs TEN

week 5 @ DEN (TNF) (yuck)

week 7 @ TEN

week 10 @ LV

week 12 vs PIT (MNF)

week 16 vs LAC (MNF)

How do you think we fare in these games? Honestly. Big AFC implications. Big offenses. Can our defense hang with the AFC West? How do we do in primetime?

My takeaways are:

- SO nice to finally get some home primetime action

- Whyyy did we have to draw the West? :')

- I almost listed week 13 @ Dallas on SNF but I figured I limit this to AFC games, I think we take care of them anyways... I don't think they're good.

- Commanders isn't a big game, but that is a fun as heck. WENTZ back in Indy? Holy. What if he LIGHTS us up haha.. I don't even think I'd be mad, I'd appreciate the drama.

- We'll take care of the Pats

- Hopefully we don't lose any games we're not "supposed" to. Idk if we can afford that this year.

- This is going to be FUN. I am excited. It is a gauntlet, but we have a borderline HOF'er. We can compete with anyone with him leading us imo.

All the games should be competitive. I think we’re top 3 team in the AFC so I wouldn’t be surprised if we went 5-2 in those games. And one of those losses to the Titans just because divisional rivals had a tendency to split. I wouldn’t be surprised if we went 3-4 in those 7 either.

p.s I’m glad I’m not the only one that’s disappointed in that Denver Thursday game. I’d rather have that been a 4:25 start 

On 6/7/2022 at 8:38 AM, 07dleigh said:

This team over the past few years has flashed the habit of playing down to lesser competition, but also the ability to play UP to competition & show that we can hang with the TOP of the NFL.

That being said...

week 3 vs KC

week 4 vs TEN

week 5 @ DEN (TNF) (yuck)

week 7 @ TEN

week 10 @ LV

week 12 vs PIT (MNF)

week 16 vs LAC (MNF)

How do you think we fare in these games? Honestly. Big AFC implications. Big offenses. Can our defense hang with the AFC West? How do we do in primetime?

My takeaways are:

- SO nice to finally get some home primetime action

- Whyyy did we have to draw the West? :')

- I almost listed week 13 @ Dallas on SNF but I figured I limit this to AFC games, I think we take care of them anyways... I don't think they're good.

- Commanders isn't a big game, but that is a fun as heck. WENTZ back in Indy? Holy. What if he LIGHTS us up haha.. I don't even think I'd be mad, I'd appreciate the drama.

- We'll take care of the Pats

- Hopefully we don't lose any games we're not "supposed" to. Idk if we can afford that this year.

- This is going to be FUN. I am excited. It is a gauntlet, but we have a borderline HOF'er. We can compete with anyone with him leading us imo.

Good thread. I have us losing to KC only because I think we start 2-0 and will be due for a loss. Week 4 is the big one, we beat Tennessee here and get to 3-1, the division is ours to lose.

1 hour ago, IrsaysArmy said:

All the games should be competitive. I think we’re top 3 team in the AFC so I wouldn’t be surprised if we went 5-2 in those games. And one of those losses to the Titans just because divisional rivals had a tendency to split. I wouldn’t be surprised if we went 3-4 in those 7 either.

p.s I’m glad I’m not the only one that’s disappointed in that Denver Thursday game. I’d rather have that been a 4:25 start 

We can beat anyone in reality on any given Sunday which makes this season exciting. Buffalo and KC are better but KC did lose Hill and we blew Buffalo out last season at Buffalo 41-15 with Wentz at QB. There are really 6 teams that could win the AFC and we are 1 of them IMO because I think we win the division and get a high seed. Buffalo, KC, Cincinnati, Denver, Chargers, and us. Tennessee has really no chance winning the AFC with Tannehill at QB, nor do the Pats with Mac Jones and a poor draft. Tennessee had their chance last season. I went on and on about how they would be 1 and done with Tannehill last season. I was so confident I placed a bet on Cincinnati and doubled my money because I went straight up with Cincy. Pats are basically screwed because Buffalo is much better simply explained. Raiders are screwed because they play in a division that is overwhelming. Don't even get me started on the Browns with Watson, I can see him being suspended for at least 8 games. Ravens could be a sleeper, Steelers will go 8-9 if they are lucky. Tomlin is going to see how life is without Benny.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We can beat anyone in reality on any given Sunday which makes this season exciting. Buffalo and KC are better but KC did lose Hill and we blew Buffalo out last season at Buffalo 41-15 with Wentz at QB. There are really 6 teams that could win the AFC and we are 1 of them IMO because I think we win the division and get a high seed. Buffalo, KC, Cincinnati, Denver, Chargers, and us. Tennessee has really no chance winning the AFC with Tannehill at QB, nor do the Pats with Mac Jones and a poor draft. Tennessee had their chance last season. I went on and on about how they would be 1 and done with Tannehill last season. I was so confident I placed a bet on Cincinnati and doubled my money because I went straight up with Cincy. Pats are basically screwed because Buffalo is much better simply explained. Raiders are screwed because they play in a division that is overwhelming. Don't even get me started on the Browns with Watson, I can see him being suspended for at least 8 games. Ravens could be a sleeper, Steelers will go 8-9 if they are lucky. Tomlin is going to see how life is without Benny.

So far, with Reich calling plays, our team is best capable of winning if our D can keep the other team's score to around 24 or below. We have not shown we are capable of winning shootouts and our strength is for breaks to go our way so that we can control tempo to keep the score close without falling behind a couple of scores. I don't think we ever came back from a 10 point deficit last year. I hope it was a Wentz thing with zero 4th qtr. comebacks and not a Reich thing. If it is a Reich thing, we should expect similar results. 

Bottom line, we need a QB who can throw 20 passes in a row without a turnover (INT or fumble), if necessary, easier said than done against aggressive Ds, especially in the 2nd half when team Ds ramp it up a notch. 

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It will be interesting to see how the AFC West plays out.  While my gut says don’t sleep on the Raiders, I also see the logic behind putting them last.  I went thru their schedule and I see at least 8 wins. I’m not 100% certain but I don’t think an entire division has ever finished above .500.  The west is loaded and could pull it off. I will try to catch a few of their games bc I’m sure there will be some good ones. 

2 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

It will be interesting to see how the AFC West plays out.  While my gut says don’t sleep on the Raiders, I also see the logic behind putting them last.  I went thru their schedule and I see at least 8 wins. I’m not 100% certain but I don’t think an entire division has ever finished above .500.  The west is loaded and could pull it off. I will try to catch a few of their games bc I’m sure there will be some good ones. 

I think that whole division finishes above .500 but I can see the most wins by the division winner at 11. It will be tight.

10 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

If nothing else, the Raiders at last because they have the worst QB in the division makes sense.  

I'm very hopeful for the Colts but they have some barriers to break down.  

Reich being an effective play caller

Winning at the Jags

Winning the Division

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

If nothing else, the Raiders at last because they have the worst QB in the division makes sense.  

I'm very hopeful for the Colts but they have some barriers to break down.  

Reich being an effective play caller

Winning at the Jags

Winning the Division

It is going to be a fun year. At least exciting for us because we can win the division and have a punchers chance at a SB run. Imagine being a fan of the Texans, Falcons, Giants, Jets, Panthers, Lions, Seahawks, etc.. I wouldn't even be looking forward to football. What is funny is, the Falcons gave us a chance at a SB run but also gave themselves a chance at the #1 pick by giving us Matt Ryan.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is going to be a fun year. At least exciting for us because we can win the division and have a punchers chance at a SB run. Imagine being a fan of the Texans, Falcons, Giants, Jets, Panthers, Lions, Seahawks, etc.. I wouldn't even be looking forward to football. What is funny is, the Falcons gave us a chance at a SB run but also gave themselves a chance at the #1 pick by giving us Matt Ryan.

3-4 games into the season, fans of those teams will have to consider rooting for their teams to lose.  

Archived