Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Janoris Jenkins

yeah, lets take him because he has "swagger".....

and better skills then any Corner we have and that is in the draft with exception of MAYBE Claiborne and that swagger would be good for the Colts especially after how bad our defense has been the majority of the last 14 years, but again by all means add to our long list of Project Corners in the later rounds of the draft we got if you want when we need a starter

I've said once I've said it several times if you want a starter that is a likely shutdown Corner you go Jenkins, if you want a project player who may be gone in 3 years then you go with any other corner in this draft, Claiborne will be gone, Kirkpatrick gone

There's obviously a lot of support in taking the 'on the field' Jenkins, but worry about the 'off the field' Jenkins. I guess one easy way the Colts (if they are on the fence, also) could deal with this is: if JJ is avaliable @ 34, pass on him. If he's there for their 3rd pick, TAKE HIM! A second is too high to take that type of risk imo, but the 3rd round is perfect. Sure we may miss out a very good potential corner, but the Colts have MANY more needs that can be dressed with the 34th pick with less baggage...

I would rather us take a WR like Randle or Wright then take a guy that is a major head case at 2 different programs and doesn't have an ounce of team pride or personal responsibility. Luck is #1 and at #34 either trade down a little bite to pick up a 3ed (since we have so many needs) or take one of the better WR's that will still be on the board.

ive heard many scouts say that id it wasnt for his character concerns he would be the #2 CB in this draft possibly even #1, i say if hes there take him, i originally wanted a WR but id rather get jenkins this year and grab a top stud WR next year