Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 NFL Combine Day 2(OL, RB, ST)

Offensive linemen, running backs and special teamers are taking the field today at the Combine. 

It's interesting to see some of the arm length measurements for the offensive linemen. 

Who are you looking forward to see today? 

(starts at 4PM ET)

Yeah, Matt Waletzko has 36 inch arms.  North Dakota, not North Dakota State.

Lucas, Mitchell, and Walker less than 34.  Raimann, Diesch, and Rhyan less than 33...ouch.

Looks like its gonna be Fisher for about $8m per. LOL.

23 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yeah, Matt Waletzko has 36 inch arms.  North Dakota, not North Dakota State.

Lucas, Mitchell, and Walker less than 34.  Raimann, Diesch, and Rhyan less than 33...ouch.

Looks like its gonna be Fisher for about $8m per. LOL.

Have to cross-check... I swear some of those measured over 34 at the Senior Bowl. I personally trust the combine measurements. 

Edit: 

Lucas - 34 5/8 at the Senior Bowl. 

Even if every player that posters here like had 35 inch arms, odds are still overwhelming that they would not be ready to start at Left Tackle as a rookie.    Very few 2nd or 3rd rounders can.   They need a year to get even somewhat up to speed. 

So bringing back Fisher on a one or two year deal still feels highly likely to me.  Unless we think Pryor can be good enough getting the job full time. 

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I can't remember his name someone weighed in at 384 

Coming To America Bar GIF

Yeah the dude is a freakish measurables. 

Daniel Faalele

6’8”

35 1/8“ arm length 

11” hands

Should be interesting to see where he goes, as he is very raw and after the eagles Mailata went from raw 7th round pick to starting LT (granted Mailata was never that heavy)

16 hours ago, DougDew said:

Raimann, Diesch, and Rhyan less than 33...ouch.

I can't help but think back to my boy, Liam Eichenberg.  I wanted us to draft him so badly.  32 3/8" arms.  And we passed.  He's now the starting left tackle for the Dolphins.  Not an amazing starter, I'll grant you that.  But he's a starter.  Despite his short arms.

9 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I can't help but think back to my boy, Liam Eichenberg.  I wanted us to draft him so badly.  32 3/8" arms.  And we passed.  He's now the starting left tackle for the Dolphins.  Not an amazing starter, I'll grant you that.  But he's a starter.  Despite his short arms.

He had 9 sacks allowed and 10 penalties in his rookie year. Starting for a team with no better options doesn't automatically mean he's a good option. Tevi was starter for the Chargers too. 

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

Well to be fair he's still a rookie. Maybe he improves going forward... :dunno:

True, that.  And he wasn't drafted to be a left tackle.  He was supposed to be a right tackle, or even a guard.  But injuries forced him to play at left, and he had to make the best of it.  This also speaks to @NewColtsFan's point as well.  You can't draft a offensive lineman in the 2nd round and expect him to be the solution to your problems the very first year.  It takes time to play this position well.

Anyway, we've gotten off the topic.  Short arms.  Are they an absolute red flag that the player cannot play left tackle?  Often, yes.  But not absolutely.

3 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

True, that.  And he wasn't drafted to be a left tackle.  He was supposed to be a right tackle, or even a guard.  But injuries forced him to play at left, and he had to make the best of it.  This also speaks to @NewColtsFan's point as well.  You can't draft a offensive lineman in the 2nd round and expect him to be the solution to your problems the very first year.  It takes time to play this position well.

Anyway, we've gotten off the topic.  Short arms.  Are they an absolute red flag that the player cannot play left tackle?  Often, yes.  But not absolutely.

I think the way to phrase the question on short arms and can they play left tackle is this…..

Can they play Left Tackle for a Chris Ballard team?   I think the answer is highly not likely.  

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the way to phrase the question on short arms and can they play left tackle is this…..

Can they play Left Tackle for a Chris Ballard team?   I think the answer is highly not likely.  

Yeah... even for right tackle I'm not sure Ballard would love a short armed one. For example, even Braden Smith was drafted to be our RG and not RT(he has short arms)

Archived