Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brandon Weeden

Where do you guys think he ends up? He is a mature, solid QB and I think if it weren't for his age, he would be the 3rd best QB in the draft and would be worth a first round pick. He will be turning 29 in October, so at the start of the season, he will be almost 30. With that said, he wouldn't have gone through all the wear and tear of 7 or 8 NFL seasons by the time he turns 30, so he might end up playing to an older age than the average QB. He won't be a franchise QB, but I think he will be a solid QB in the league. I've heard rumblings of him going to KC since they are so talented at almost every position other than QB. He would provide some competition for Cassel and has everything around him to have a decent/solid rookie season: weapons, solid running game, and a good defense. Is KC in the 2nd round where he ends up going? Where do you think he will land?

I think Dolphins should stay away from Tannehill and go after Weeden, Jenkins or the Quarterback from Wisconsin, he looked impressive both mentally and physically, Tannehill would be a waste of a high pick in my opinion for any team especially first round

He may have been a top 10 pick if he was 6 years younger. I definitely think he's better than Ryan Tannehill right now. Maybe the Browns will pick him in the 2nd to push Colt McCoy.

While MCcoy hasnt blown their stadium down like a Cam Newton, he doesnt have a clear cut #1 wide receiver, if I am cleveland I am drafting Floyd

While MCcoy hasnt blown their stadium down like a Cam Newton, he doesnt have a clear cut #1 wide receiver, if I am cleveland I am drafting Floyd

Well they're not getting Michael Floyd in the 2nd, if I were them I'd probably go Justin Blackmon at #4, Doug Wilson or Lamar Miller at #22 and Brandon Weeden at #37.

Well they're not getting Michael Floyd in the 2nd, if I were them I'd probably go Justin Blackmon at #4, Doug Wilson or Lamar Miller at #22 and Brandon Weeden at #37.

True I forgot they were that high of a pick, but your right they need Wide Receiver as bad as they need a running back and they can get Running Back in the second and a good one at that

Weeden could be a solid QB...or he could be another Chris Weinke.

He has better tangibles than Weinke and he is a definitely better than Tannehill at this point. Either way, there is no way that Cleveland should pick either of these guys up at #4. If I was Cleveland I would go Blackmon #4 and Weeden at #22. You get a great WR and a alternate option if McCoy doesn't show any progression from last year. Then BPA after that to build the Browns back into a contending team.

He has better tangibles than Weinke and he is a definitely better than Tannehill at this point. Either way, there is no way that Cleveland should pick either of these guys up at #4. If I was Cleveland I would go Blackmon #4 and Weeden at #22. You get a great WR and a alternate option if McCoy doesn't show any progression from last year. Then BPA after that to build the Browns back into a contending team.

McCoy's never had any weapons though. I think he can be decent in a West Coast offense, but they need to get him more weapons

I agree that Blackmon would make more since than another QB, especially one that isn't even 1st round potential in the first place. Otherwise, Cleveland could go RB (Richardson) who IMO is the real deal, and go receiver in the second round (Wright, Jeffery, etc)

I agree that Blackmon would make more since than another QB, especially one that isn't even 1st round potential in the first place. Otherwise, Cleveland could go RB (Richardson) who IMO is the real deal, and go receiver in the second round (Wright, Jeffery, etc)

I can see that and by all news coming out Richardson is going to be Cleveland's pick. Either way you get an outstanding offensive player who can start on day 1. I guess it just comes down to philosophy and in that case I would side more with Richardson in that defensively tough division.