Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lombardi's Take

Moosejawcolt

2 hours ago, JediXMan said:

That schedule is pretty tough. Hopefully we get some favorable scheduling. Also for once can we freaking get some home primetime games.

Only if we are good n not injured due to Covid etc like last year game against TN. All ur non colts friends then message n says ur team reallu sucks which we know ain't.

Over/under 10 wins? 

Hmmm...I don't bet on win totals, but looking at the big picture for the OVER:

- I think they would need to go 5-1 against the AFCS. Last season, they went 4-2. If not for HOU's implosion, I think 4-2 would have been about right for this upcoming season. But now, 5-1 should be the target to bank a much-needed extra win.

- If they go 4-2 again (or worse) against the AFCS, they would then need to go 7-4 (or better) against ARI, LAR, SEA, SF, BUF, NE, TB, BAL, MIA, LV and the NYJ.

- That group went 98-78 last year (dragged down by a 2-win NYJ team that will surely be better with Wilson and a new HC).

- Last season, their non-division schedule was 81-78 (including that 2-win NYJ team). The Colts did manage a 7-3 record against them. So they would need to replicate that success against a tougher non-division schedule.

It's very early...but it seems tough on paper. But it's why they play the games.

2 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Over/under 10 wins? 

Hmmm...I don't bet on win totals, but looking at the big picture for the OVER:

- I think they would need to go 5-1 against the AFCS. Last season, they went 4-2. If not for HOU's implosion, I think 4-2 would have been about right for this upcoming season. But now, 5-1 should be the target to bank a much-needed extra win.

- If they go 4-2 again (or worse) against the AFCS, they would then need to go 7-4 (or better) against ARI, LAR, SEA, SF, BUF, NE, TB, BAL, MIA, LV and the NYJ.

- That group went 98-78 last year (dragged down by a 2-win NYJ team that will surely be better with Wilson and a new HC).

- Last season, their non-division schedule was 81-78 (including that 2-win NYJ team). The Colts did manage a 7-3 record against them. So they would need to replicate that success against a tougher non-division schedule.

It's very early...but it seems tough on paper. But it's why they play the games.

That is one tough schedule.  I see them going 6-5 in those games.   

ARI, LAR, SEA, SF, BUF, NE, TB, BAL, MIA, LV and the NYJ

So I agree, they will need to go 4-2 in the division to hit 10 wins.  

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

That is one tough schedule.  I see them going 6-5 in those games.   

ARI, LAR, SEA, SF, BUF, NE, TB, BAL, MIA, LV and the NYJ

So I agree, they will need to go 4-2 in the division to hit 10 wins.  

Is the Over/Under set at 10?  Since there are 17 games, I think I'd go over.  But I wouldn't bet on it, lol!

Time of possession/run the ___ball!  We are set up for success at that.
 It should be a cardiac season, lots of close games.
   If Wentz plays really good and we get some bounces we win 12.
  I wish to add that when Wentz was MVP material he was spreading the ball around at a very high level. I see him and Frank salivating because of all of our attack weapons.
 Hines, TY, and Campbell on the field together. Chuckle.
  Sounds good in May.  

21 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Is the Over/Under set at 10?  Since there are 17 games, I think I'd go over.  But I wouldn't bet on it, lol!

Most books have it at 10. Really should be at 10.5 IMO.

I have actually seen 9.5...but they are way juiced up on the OVER.

31 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I wish to add that when Wentz was MVP material he was spreading the ball around at a very high level. I see him and Frank salivating because of all of our attack weapons.
  Sounds good in May.  

I'm excited to see Hilton, Pacal, Pittman, Hines, Mack, Taylor, Cox, Campbell, Doyle and others on the field.  

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Sounds good in May.  

I don’t think the eagles had a pass catcher with more then 800 yards the year they won the SB. He fits Reich’s offense perfect. The key to Wentz is playing within himself and not try to play too much hero ball. That’s why this video is exactly right. Our defense will be its best when it isn’t on the field constantly and let’s the offense play ball control.

Archived