Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cosmi Vs Jenkins

The more I'm thinking about it... the more I want us to draft Darrisaw. :D

And I started the OT film watching very far from that conclusion. I kind of would be good with us trading up for Darrisaw even... If all it takes is like... future 3d, I'd do it to secure him. I think Darrisaw is the second best LT prospect in this draft. 

28 minutes ago, WentzinRome said:

I am just hopeful that the Colts are able to draft one of top LT's at 21.  I know the top 3 or 4 will most likely be gone, but there is a very good chance they are able to get one that can start day 1. 

It just makes sense in so many ways.  LT is a premier position and keeping the cost down on a 5 year rookie deal would certainly help with extending Q and Smith.  Kelly already has his extension and that would leave RG as the only spot that wouldn't be locked down over the next few years.  RG is arguably the easiest position to fill on the Offensive Line.  You also have to consider that the Colts want Wentz to ease in and there is no better way than with competent pass protection and a good running game.  I can see Offensive Line dominating the LOS and wearing other teams down while keeping their offense off the field.  Anyone who watched Peyton grimace on the sidelines can surely agree with that :thmup:.

I agree.  Got to get the LT in the 1st rd.  Makes so much sense.  FWIW I'm expecting a Smith and or Leonard extension before the draft.  This week? 

14 minutes ago, stitches said:

The more I'm thinking about it... the more I want us to draft Darrisaw. :D

And I started the OT film watching very far from that conclusion. I kind of would be good with us trading up for Darrisaw even... If all it takes is like... future 3d, I'd do it to secure him. I think Darrisaw is the second best LT prospect in this draft. 

I think there is less question with Darrisaw...... but

I dont see Darrisaw getting past Chargers or Raiders

It will cost us much more than a future 3rd to get in front of chargers

I'm for just letting it play out in a draft like this.......

We WILL have the opportunity to draft (or trade back) and get a decent OT prospect that has a decent chance to make this team as a LT

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think there is less question with Darrisaw...... but

I dont see Darrisaw getting past Chargers or Raiders

It will cost us much more than a future 3rd to get in front of chargers

I'm for just letting it play out in a draft like this.......

We WILL have the opportunity to draft (or trade back) and get a decent OT prospect that has a decent chance to make this team as a LT

I think right now my list of preferences(just OT) is:

1. Penei Sewell - not happening

2. Slater or Darrisaw with a trade up(or if for some reason Darrisaw is there for us at 21) - the thing with the Raiders is - they might actually prefer Jenkins over Darrisaw because he's been playing RT and they just gave big bucks to Kolton Miller to stay at their LT

3. Jenkins at 21 if our OL coaches think he can play LT

4. Cosmi or Walker Little at 21 or trade down

5. trade down(maybe even to R2) for everyone else... Eichenberg, Radunz, Leatherwood

6. everyone else R2 or later. 

12 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think right now my list of preferences(just OT) is:

1. Penei Sewell - not happening

2. Slater or Darrisaw with a trade up(or if for some reason Darrisaw is there for us at 21) - the thing with the Raiders is - they might actually prefer Jenkins over Darrisaw because he's been playing RT and they just gave big bucks to Kolton Miller to stay at their LT

3. Jenkins at 21 if our OL coaches think he can play LT

4. Cosmi or Walker Little at 21 or trade down

5. trade down(maybe even to R2) for everyone else... Eichenberg, Radunz, Leatherwood

6. everyone else R2 or later. 

I think the Colts have "their guy" identified already. 

If that guy isnt there, they trade the pick.

The thing is.....  If we picked up a 3rd round and went to GB or NO spot, and we got Radunz, Eich, or Cosmi I would be estatic

Cosmi OR Radunz - Later 1st

Turner DE -  2nd

Tremble - TE 3rd

It would be an awesome draft....

The  talent evaluators have many hours to review..... much better than some old dude hacking away on his computer   (Me)

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

The thing is.....  If we picked up a 3rd round and went to GB or NO spot, and we got Radunz, Eich, or Cosmi I would be estatic

Turner DE -  2nd

Tremble - TE 3rd

The  talent evaluators have many hours to review..... much better than some old dude hacking away on his computer   (Me)

I'm thinking Trill Williams CB in 3rd

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Turner DE -  2nd

Tremble - TE 3rd

That WOULD be a draft haul and a half. I’m with you on the TE; only a few good ones and Tremble is probably the last good one left at that point. They can grab a CB in Day 3.

1 minute ago, Hoose said:

That WOULD be a draft haul and a half. I’m with you on the TE; only a few good ones and Tremble is probably the last good one left at that point. They can grab a CB in Day 3.

The thing is.... its not a big reach.....  It could very well happen.....

19 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I also think there will be a run on OL guys and because of that I can see Ballard taking a tackle at 21.  If he does trade back I think it would be with a team like Cleveland at 26. Not too far back.  KC is lurking for sure.  And any of the last four could take a tackle.  I can't see Ballard taking a big chance here.  As an outlier I could also see Ballard trading up in the 2nd rd to get a player he likes.  Could be a WR to replace Hilton in a year for example.  Maybe a TE if Tremble is appealing to them.  I can see him drafting into the strength of the draft early.  I'm more inclined to think he will go with our current young DL players and see what they have this year.  Need to sign a veteran FA there as well.  

I agree with you. I see this draft being different as in Ballard being aggressive for some key guys. Tremble would be a good pick. I still love Amari Rogers and Nico Collins as WR options for late rounds. Also, yes I can almost guarantee a run on OL guys. Multiple teams in the first plus almost every team early in the second. It’s a deep class but still a lot of guys need to sit a year or two. So 21 will be huge for us. 

I have said all along Ballard wants to see what he has with the young Dline guys. I still see Houston singing back here after the draft for a veteran presence and maybe reduced role. 

17 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Turner DE -  2nd

Tremble - TE 3rd

We don't have a 3rd

15 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm thinking Trill Williams CB in 3rd

We don't have a 3rd

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

We don't have a 3rd

Yep.......  this is a "if we trade pick 21" and then pick up a 3rd as part of the trade ....post

CB has shown that he likes trading back.... the question is, IF he did it (A big IF) what would he get and who would we draft

I think if Darrisaw, Paye, and Jenkins are all gone, and someone in the top 10 hasnt slipped, .... he will trade the pick for more picks

Wow.....

Kiper just had us picking Cosmi with our pick in round 2.......

Cosmi seems to have dropped a bit at least with the talking heads.......  The "better" talking heads do have contacts with at least some of the pro scouts

I wonder if there is something hidden on the guy......  

5 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Wow.....

Kiper just had us picking Cosmi with our pick in round 2.......

Cosmi seems to have dropped a bit at least with the talking heads.......  The "better" talking heads do have contacts with at least some of the pro scouts

I wonder if there is something hidden on the guy......  

Cosmi has always been further back in the tackle ratings by the experts.  Not a 1st rounder in most eyes.  When you look at overall player rankings he winds up in the 2nd. Rd. 

26 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Cosmi has always been further back in the tackle ratings by the experts.  Not a 1st rounder in most eyes.  When you look at overall player rankings he winds up in the 2nd. Rd. 

I must be reading different things.....  

Oh well.... it will all come out in the end

If we end up with him at our 2nd and we get Paye....  Im a happy camper

8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Yep. that's what I am reading also.  So I really don't understand the fascination with him on here.   

I see 3 OT's in the first 1. Sewell  2 Darrisaw. 3 Jenkins   I see Cosmi as a second tier guy that is tightly grouped with about 4 more tackles.   Not much difference in them. But not 1st round talent over some DE's WR's CB's that could be in the Colt's reach at 21 

6 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

Yep. that's what I am reading also.  So I really don't understand the fascination with him on here.   

I see 3 OT's in the first 1. Sewell  2 Darrisaw. 3 Jenkins   I see Cosmi as a second tier guy that is tightly grouped with about 4 more tackles.   Not much difference in them. But not 1st round talent over some DE's WR's CB's that could be in the Colt's reach at 21 

Hes very durable as 3 year starter at UT. He can come in immediately and play LT as he has more experience playing it than Teven.

Teven has the mean streak I love but his transition from RT to LT could be interesting. 

33 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Hes very durable as 3 year starter at UT. He can come in immediately and play LT as he has more experience playing it than Teven.

Teven has the mean streak I love but his transition from RT to LT could be interesting. 

I forgot Slater in the 1st. 

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

I know that 

This is assuming Ballard regains it

Dont you know that we DONT HAVE A THIRD   !!! 

:)

34 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Kiper has Cosmi going to the colts in the 2nd. I think that is about right for him.

You may be right, but I find it hard to believe

KC cut two tackles.....  

Archived