Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Funk Mock 3.0

Not gonna lie, I had originally only felt like doing 3 mocks this year, but got bored and didn't feel like waiting for FA moves to finish. I'll do a final mock another time when it's closer to the time. Just wanted to play with the Eric Fisher scenario.

FA

Eric Fisher- 1 year deal. Prove it deal after the injury. It's not a matter of if he can heal an contribute next season It's how well he can return to form and maybe earn a longer contract. He graded better with pff than AC last season. He'll be 30.

Draft Trade

Colts trade 21 to Philly for 37, 70, and 156. Why? Because my sources tell me Philly really wants 【Insert Player Here】. Also they have two 3s and two 5s, so losing them isn't the end of the world... I guess. 

Colts trade the newly acquired 5 to move up from 70 to a vague unspecified pick to get (Maybe 63 or 64?)

Draft

2a. Greg Newsome- CB Still my favorite and seems like an awesome fit for us. Between he, Rhodes, and Moore we are looking good. I'm not sold on Ya-sin as a long-term guy, and Rhodes is on a one year deal again.

2b. Carlos Basham- DE- We seem destined to have to throw 2nd and 3rds at the position until someone steps up. With no 1st rounder likely next year either, we have no real choice. That said I like some of the talent likely available in the mid second 

2c. Pat Friermuth- TE- With us being in the market for a play-making TE, this guy would make plenty of sense in a scenario like this.

4. Baron Browining- LB- Boards have Browning and Surratt all over the place but I'm hoping one falls to the 4th. They'd be strong candidates to help contribute after losing Walker.

5. Anthony Schwartz- WR- My new mid-late gem. He doesn't have flashy stats, but he looks fast and talented when you watch some of his plays. He could be a longer-term replacement for Pascal. 

6. Jalen McKenzie- OG/T- Yawn.

7. Sir Leonard Beauregard III, Esquire of Havenshire- Former Medieval Times Jouster turned soon-to-be football superstar. He was expected go in the 1st but his stock plummeted after his arch rival left him with an eye patch and a healing tailbone.

2 hours ago, funktacious2 said:

Not gonna lie, I had originally only felt like doing 3 mocks this year, but got bored and didn't feel like waiting for FA moves to finish. I'll do a final mock another time when it's closer to the time. Just wanted to play with the Eric Fisher scenario.

FA

Eric Fisher- 1 year deal. Prove it deal after the injury. It's not a matter of if he can heal an contribute next season It's how well he can return to form and maybe earn a longer contract. He graded better with pff than AC last season. He'll be 30.

Draft Trade

Colts trade 21 to Philly for 37, 70, and 156. Why? Because my sources tell me Philly really wants 【Insert Player Here】. Also they have two 3s and two 5s, so losing them isn't the end of the world... I guess. 

Colts trade the newly acquired 5 to move up from 70 to a vague unspecified pick to get (Maybe 63 or 64?)

Draft

2a. Greg Newsome- CB Still my favorite and seems like an awesome fit for us. Between he, Rhodes, and Moore we are looking good. I'm not sold on Ya-sin as a long-term guy, and Rhodes is on a one year deal again.

2b. Carlos Basham- DE- We seem destined to have to throw 2nd and 3rds at the position until someone steps up. With no 1st rounder likely next year either, we have no real choice. That said I like some of the talent likely available in the mid second 

2c. Pat Friermuth- TE- With us being in the market for a play-making TE, this guy would make plenty of sense in a scenario like this.

4. Baron Browining- LB- Boards have Browning and Surratt all over the place but I'm hoping one falls to the 4th. They'd be strong candidates to help contribute after losing Walker.

5. Anthony Schwartz- WR- My new mid-late gem. He doesn't have flashy stats, but he looks fast and talented when you watch some of his plays. He could be a longer-term replacement for Pascal. 

7. Sir Leonard Beauregard III, Esquire of Havenshire- Former Medieval Times Jouster turned soon-to-be football superstar. He was expected go in the 1st but his stock plummeted after his arch rival left him with an eye patch and a healing tailbone.

Eric Fisher is most likely out for most of the year. If anything, a 2 year deal would make the most sense. A buy low on an injured player

13 minutes ago, TheMose said:

Eric Fisher is most likely out for most of the year. If anything, a 2 year deal would make the most sense. A buy low on an injured player

Ah, fair enough. The KC GM said he was expected back mid August, so I was going off of that.

4 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

Ah, fair enough. The KC GM said he was expected back mid August, so I was going off of that.

Yea I saw that report. I think he may have been trying to boost his trade value or something. Quick google search shows 26% of the players that suffered an achilles tear did not play in the NFL again, and of those who did, it took an average of 9 months. So maybe October, maybe later, maybe never plays again. Terrible injury. 

That 7th round pick is going to be controversial. According to Todd McShay, "There were strong disagreements between Colts GM Chris Ballard and team medical doctors about drafting Beauregard. Team doctors openly questioned Beauregard's ability to be effective in the passing game, since the fact that he only has one functional eye leaves him with no depth perception."

12 minutes ago, TheMose said:

Yea I saw that report. I think he may have been trying to boost his trade value or something. Quick google search shows 26% of the players that suffered an achilles tear did not play in the NFL again, and of those who did, it took an average of 9 months. So maybe October, maybe later, maybe never plays again. Terrible injury. 

We all know this. Bla bla bla! 
 We know Ballard knows this, will know more about his progress, and will sign him if  and when he wants to. So the assumption is He IS ready at a time that helps us. It is called a MOCK! 
 Please all you Doctor GM's, stop with the classroom nonsense. Thanks for your time. 

2 hours ago, funktacious2 said:

FA

Draft Trade

Draft

This follows a very Ballard scenario. Mocks are pretty useless, but i like how you are thinking with Fisher and the trade. Now that they have Given TY a Very generous deal, it is time to go all-in for This season with a LT.
 And this trade seems about perfect. lol 
 And a fast Rookie corner is a Must. Rock will never be a good man cover corner, therefore always attackable when they did a first down. As is the Maniac of course. 

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

We all know this. Bla bla bla! 
 We know Ballard knows this, will know more about his progress, and will sign him if  and when he wants to. So the assumption is He IS ready at a time that helps us. It is called a MOCK! 
 Please all you Doctor GM's, stop with the classroom nonsense. Thanks for your time. 

Why did that upset you so much? I put out some information about a player's injury. Chill out and let people discuss. That's kinda what we are all here for. 

Archived