Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Comfortable amid the chaos: How Chris Ballard has kept the Colts from unraveling

aReggie7

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Chad Kelly’s only real impact for the Colts was the pre-season, something Sam has been better at since he’s been here.  Even then we saw how over whelmed Sam looked playing in a real game.  The logically conclusion is Kelly would have too.  Don’t fall for the pre-season trap.  The jump from back up to third string pre-season QB to NFL starter in a regular season game is the size of the Grand Canyon.  Let’s not forget Curtis Painter once looked good enough in the pre-season that some fans actually thought he could be developed into Peyton’s replacement and we all saw how that played out.     Rather anyone likes Kelly or not is irrelevant to the fact he’s had a tone of tape out there for NFL teams to see.  We know NFL teams will give just about anyone they think can be a franchise QB a chance to at least look at him.  The fact no NFL teams have come calling for even a tryout since the Colts released him tells you what teams think of him.     Fans can like him all they want that and $20 will get you a “value meal” at McDonalds.  He’s not some superstar who never got his chance, he’s a pre-season darling who isn’t good enough for regular season football.  Those are a dime a dozen in the NFL.  It’s not that people don’t like or aren’t a fan, in fact I’d argue he’d be a major underdog that most people would cheer for, it’s they have seen this before and recognize it for what it is.  
    • He runs faster than I can watch!!!!!!!
    • Yeah, we both have a chance now. I'd love our teams to face in the NBA finals. Would be a lot of fun. Hopefully we keep winning.
    • I don't think we will have 3 QB's on the active roster. The 3rd QB will be on the PS and not impossible that both Sean and Slovis are both kept as you suggest . I just doubt either will be on the 53 man roster . Especially considering that it would be unlikely that the Colts would lose their choice for QB 3 to the waiver process.
    • @Yoshinator, great stuff after losing the 1st 2 at home. It is now 2-2 and you have HCA back! Pacers are also at 2-2 vs the Knicks. 2 great series.
  • Members