Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard compared to Ray Lewis?

Trace Pyott

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So I guess Darius does compare 

See this is where the stats just get silly.  I think someone put numbers of passes defended as the measure of whether or not a guy is a good pass defenders.  The best pass defenders rarely put up high "passes defended" stats because QBs don't throw their direction often.

You cannot evaluate LB drop back pass coverage by numbers. It's goofy to even try.

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

See this is where the stats just get silly.  I think someone put numbers of passes defended as the measure of whether or not a guy is a good pass defenders.  The best pass defenders rarely put up high "passes defended" stats because QBs don't throw their direction often.

You cannot evaluate LB drop back pass coverage by numbers. It's goofy to even try.

Heck, if you think about it what difference does it make who he compares to? 

I am glad he is a Colt and I don't think of another player when I watch him play. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Heck, if you think about it what difference does it make who he compares to? 

I am glad he is a Colt and I don't think of another player when I watch him play. 

Me too.  He's a fun player to follow.  He reminds me more of one of the stud strong safeties like Palamalu, Lynch, harrison.  He runs around and makes plays.  SS and Will are similar positions actually.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

What? No Love for Brian Urlacher? (who's career began quite earlier but overlapped). What is unreal was the Bears had Mike Singletary at MLB before him, and Dick Butkus before him!!

I don't disagree that Urlacher was also immense, and also very much the team leader on D for da Bears. I'd never really thought about them having that MLB dynasty before. 

There is no denying Leonard is an exceptional linebacker.  Only concern I have is his health.  I think has already missed 6 games in 2.5 years.  It’s not an issue as of now but wear and tear could take a toll on him.  I believe most of the games missed were due to concussions so maybe they were just bad luck.  I’m rooting for him, Buckner and Blackmon to stay healthy and control the middle of the field.  

Archived