Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Adams For Our Special Teams? The Future Better Version Of Devin Hester?

I think good field position is obviously the most important in any football game.

Our special teams has been a joke the past few years and this will address it alot. I know its just college football but his footwork is really good...

with the new KO rule, having a returner is pointless

It doesn't apply to punts, though...

The guy definately reminds me more of Dante Hall than Devin Hester. I didn't like that he goes backwards to try to keep the play alive. I'd prefer him to just get the yardage in front of him.

What round is this guy expected to be picked in?

Joe Adams some how, miraculously ran a 4.55 twice, during his combine and pro Day.

I don't quite understand it, because he looks super super fast on tape.

He also had pedestrian Cone drills, which makes no since to me because he looks even more quick and agile than he does fast.

But, these things usually comes to light when they hit the NFL.

If his straight line speed is 4.55 he probably wont be a Great returner, but his confidence in his on field agility should prove valuable.

I'm thinking he could be a Brandon Lloyd type receiver without the incredible hands.

Wow, that return is unreal. I think the bigger issue with our special teams is the blocking, not the returner. Devin Hester wouldn't have a chance to do anything if the gunners from the kicking team were next to him before he caught the ball. Maalouf needs to fix that, first and foremost.

Just get Travis Bejamin in UDFA, or AJ Jenkins in the 4th. I'm not really that high on Joe Adams I feel he should have had more production on that Arkansas offense.

Well the ball was spread out between Adams, Greg Childs and Wright. The are all such good WR that nobody was gonna have super impressive numbers.

Well the ball was spread out between Adams, Greg Childs and Wright. The are all such good WR that nobody was gonna have super impressive numbers.

Someone has to be the #1 guy and step up, and that guy was Jarius Wright who I believe is in this draft so I'd rather pick him up if anything.

Wow, that return is unreal. I think the bigger issue with our special teams is the blocking, not the returner. Devin Hester wouldn't have a chance to do anything if the gunners from the kicking team were next to him before he caught the ball. Maalouf needs to fix that, first and foremost.

Exactly. Our blocking on punt returns is an absolute joke. The gunners always get and we have to fair catch every freakin time. If the blocking doesn't get fixed no matter who we have returning it will end up as a fair catch.

Exactly. Our blocking on punt returns is an absolute joke. The gunners always get and we have to fair catch every freakin time. If the blocking doesn't get fixed no matter who we have returning it will end up as a fair catch.

Our blocking WAS an absolute joke. Do we have any of the same people anymore? That run showed skill and heart, more than speed. You gotta have a returner that's mentally tough.