Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets Get First Round Draft Trevor Lawrence - Colt Trade For Darnold?

14 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

If I was Lawrence I’d stay in school rather than go to the Jets. They have destroyed 2 high first round draft picks already.  With Darnold considered to be a sure thing. 

He's a Junior right? So he could if he wanted.

13 minutes ago, csmopar said:

So why is everyone high on this kid? His stats this year aren’t very good. 

he’s 28th, 37th, 68th, And 3rd

in Yards, TDs, INTs and QBR respectively

Because he has been amazing for now 3 years. Unlike all those one year wonders that get picked in the first round as QBs.  He also has done this with more than one set of WR so it isn’t just them making him look good. I know if my Pats were getting him he be a stud and we be SB bound for years. Why? BB keep the D great and add a WR or two help Lawrence and tell him just don’t make big mistakes.

I don't think I want Darnold. So many people think that this is a possibility. 

I would rather trade for Stafford, Carr, or Wentz(my top pick. Obviously, they would have to be available.

I'm not even sure Darnold is better than Rivers currently. He seems to make very bad decisions, and he is already almost up for a contract extension.

Maybe it's possible we bring him in for competition, but he isn't ever likely going to be a top 10 QB IMO.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

By whom?

Which draft evaluator has a higher grade for Lawrence than Luck?   A name please? 

A lot of folks have said he's the best QB prospect in the last 10-20 years, even coming out of HS. Even Kiper and McShay have put Lawrence in the Luck category this year.

Keep in mind Lawrence started as a true Freshmen (Luck RS'd). Lawrence has eclipsed Luck in each year stat wise. Lawrence was the highest rated frosh ever on PFF. Lawrence was also one of the highest rated HS prospects ever. Many said he would have been the 1st pick in the draft after his true freshman year had he been eligible, and is a case where a kid could have went straight to the pros from HS.

It's not really a competition, but Lawrence has been considered a near perfect prospect for a long long time.

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

A lot of folks have said he's the best QB prospect in the last 10-20 years, even coming out of HS. Even Kiper and McShay have put Lawrence in the Luck category this year.

Keep in mind Lawrence started as a true Freshmen (Luck RS'd). Lawrence has eclipsed Luck in each year stat wise. Lawrence was the highest rated frosh ever on PFF. Lawrence was also one of the highest rated HS prospects ever. Many said he would have been the 1st pick in the draft after his true freshman year had he been eligible, and is a case where a kid could have went straight to the pros from HS.

It's not really a competition, but Lawrence has been considered a near perfect prospect for a long long time.

I never advise selling the farm for 1 guy but Lawrence is worth it.

I would gladly give up multiple 1s and 2s for him 

Darnold is getting shell shocked back there. At the snap he's running for his life, and he's already falling apart. TL sees the same thing, he has leverage. If the Jets get the 1st pick they could trade it to the Jags for several picks and a player or two.

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

Darnold is getting shell shocked back there. At the snap he's running for his life, and he's already falling apart. TL sees the same thing, he has leverage. If the Jets get the 1st pick they could trade it to the Jags for several picks and a player or 

If Jags found a way to get Lawrence  I wouldn't be too happy 

He would be smart to stay in school another year if the Jets end up with the number one pick. If he declares, I would fully expect him to be drafted by the Jets which would more than likely be the beginning of the end of Darnold's time in New York. Rivers and Brissett will be off the books, so the Colts will be looking for someone to come in and start and compete with Eason. (If the Colts trade for Darnold, he's hands down the starter in 2021) I would honestly love for the Colts to make this move and land Darnold.

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I never advise selling the farm for 1 guy but Lawrence is worth it.

I would gladly give up multiple 1s and 2s for him 

Not sure I'd sell the farm for anyone. But he's probably the best case for it. While Luck was considered a near perfect prospect out of college, Lawrence was seen a near perfect prospect out of HS.

2 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Darnold is getting shell shocked back there. At the snap he's running for his life, and he's already falling apart. TL sees the same thing, he has leverage. If the Jets get the 1st pick they could trade it to the Jags for several picks and a player or two.

Whoever has the 1st pick has arguably the biggest chip ever to trade. 

56 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

If Jags found a way to get Lawrence  I wouldn't be too happy 

I'm cheering for an NFC team lol. Like you're favs ATL lol. 

Jets, Jags, Giants, Bengals, and Falcons are the order of favorites right now. 

3 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

He would be smart to stay in school another year if the Jets end up with the number one pick. If he declares, I would fully expect him to be drafted by the Jets which would more than likely be the beginning of the end of Darnold's time in New York. Rivers and Brissett will be off the books, so the Colts will be looking for someone to come in and start and compete with Eason. (If the Colts trade for Darnold, he's hands down the starter in 2021) I would honestly love for the Colts to make this move and land Darnold.

I think you're putting way too much stock in Darnold. I agree he could turn out pretty decent, but he also might continue to be the same guy with a bad release and turnover problem. INT and fumble haters would not like SD's stats.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not sure I'd sell the farm for anyone. But he's probably the best case for it. While Luck was considered a near perfect prospect out of college, Lawrence was seen a near perfect prospect out of HS.

Whoever has the 1st pick has arguably the biggest chip ever to trade. 

I'm cheering for an NFC team lol. Like you're favs ATL lol. 

Jets, Jags, Giants, Bengals, and Falcons are the order of favorites right now. 

I think you're putting way too much stock in Darnold. I agree he could turn out pretty decent, but he also might continue to be the same guy with a bad release and turnover problem. INT and fumble haters would not like SD's stats.

Chances are Colts will draft around 15 to 24 this year so the Colts would have to give up a whole lot.

I would be ok with it 

12 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Chances are Colts will draft around 15 to 24 this year so the Colts would have to give up a whole lot.

I would be ok with it 

I just don't think we could sell out that much. Given the big contracts coming up, selling out would mean we'd have to use FAs a bunch in the years to come, and that could paralyze us for several year, with long term ramifications of not developing early round picks.

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I just don't think we could sell out that much. Given the big contracts coming up, selling out would mean we'd have to use FAs a bunch in the years to come, and that could paralyze us for several year, with long term ramifications of not developing early round picks.

Its very unballard like too

Archived