Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sims Sidelined???

Zachris

That sucks not the best way to start. I think it will take him more like 3 to 4 weeks to play.

Most patients can resume normal activities within 2 - 4 weeks after leaving the hospital which is almost immediate or a day in todays world.

Strenuous activity is beyond normal activity and that is what football requires, alot will depend on his overall health

much depends on if open procedure or threw small incision, a l;aproscope, and of course if any complications

We know he can tackle. Getting through blockers is the question. We don't have any linebackers that excel at doing that.

If you have excellent defensive tackle play, eating up blockers, you may not need to. The addition of Harris may be the biggest move we've made in a while, and Sims has the chance to shine because he isn't getting ate up by blockers. Hopefully Nevis is the real deal, and Moala continues to improve along with the young'n Matthews. I look for drastic improvement from our DT, which will put us as a top 10 overall defense again. I expect to finish top 5 in least points allowed, top 15 in run defense, and top 5 in pass defense. Just my bold predictions if all the players pan out and stay healthy. A lot more possessions for Manning and co. are coming this year. Hopefully they have an o-line for once that can do something. Both of our lines look promising and upgraded, but it's still an unknown until after the first 5 weeks at least.

If you have excellent defensive tackle play, eating up blockers, you may not need to. The addition of Harris may be the biggest move we've made in a while, and Sims has the chance to shine because he isn't getting ate up by blockers. Hopefully Nevis is the real deal, and Moala continues to improve along with the young'n Matthews. I look for drastic improvement from our DT, which will put us as a top 10 overall defense again. I expect to finish top 5 in least points allowed, top 15 in run defense, and top 5 in pass defense. Just my bold predictions if all the players pan out and stay healthy. A lot more possessions for Manning and co. are coming this year. Hopefully they have an o-line for once that can do something. Both of our lines look promising and upgraded, but it's still an unknown until after the first 5 weeks at least.

Against the run, the opposing team will be sending a blocker at our weakside backer, or else the play will be going strong side and he'll have to fight through a bunch of garbage to get to the play. Good interior line play will help, but our backers will still face blockers in the run game.

One of the things that hurt us in the opener against the Texans, perhaps as much as the poor tackle play, was the linebackers overrunning the play. Clint Session did this over and over again, primarily because he was trying to get around the blockers, instead of taking them on. He could have been going straight up and setting the edge, limiting a play, but instead was trying to go all the way outside and get back in to make a tackle. That's what Gerry Bertier would call "selfish, show-off football," leaving his teammates out to dry.

Either way, discipline is more important than athletic displays for our defense. All of our guys are athletic, but they need to handle their assignments and let the defense work as a unit. That's true of the gap linemen and the linebackers.

Against the run, the opposing team will be sending a blocker at our weakside backer, or else the play will be going strong side and he'll have to fight through a bunch of garbage to get to the play. Good interior line play will help, but our backers will still face blockers in the run game.

One of the things that hurt us in the opener against the Texans, perhaps as much as the poor tackle play, was the linebackers overrunning the play. Clint Session did this over and over again, primarily because he was trying to get around the blockers, instead of taking them on. He could have been going straight up and setting the edge, limiting a play, but instead was trying to go all the way outside and get back in to make a tackle. That's what Gerry Bertier would call "selfish, show-off football," leaving his teammates out to dry.

Either way, discipline is more important than athletic displays for our defense. All of our guys are athletic, but they need to handle their assignments and let the defense work as a unit. That's true of the gap linemen and the linebackers.

Couldn't agree more as to setting the edge and one thing I think Angerer does really well and I think Melvin does it very well in run support as well.