Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football Draft and Weekly Questions 2020 - discuss here

chad72

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I should have been more specific: this is daily fantasy (fanduel) where I have a different roster each week. I have to stay under a designated salary cap, which is $60,000. High quality players cost a lot, so I have to be careful when I set my lineup. 

I would play Cook because the Vikings pass catching options are fewer than the Panthers, IMO. I’ve seen them involve Dalvin Cook even in blowout scenarios.

Did well in fantasy. I'll be cruising with Dalvin Cook in my weekly lineups. I don't expect him to get 200 yards every game, but he IS the Vikings offense.  

Keeping watch on Miami. If they continue like this, I will add Tua in some lineups. Maybe in a few weeks. 

@Jared Cisneros @teganslaw @Narcosys

I heard Joe Mixon is not practicing again, even after a bye week. 

I traded Giovani Bernard (1 start tops as a starter, maybe 2??) and Philip Lindsay for Robert Woods since my WR corps is Tyler Lockett, Travis Fulgham and Tim Patrick, yeah I know, that is why I did the trade. :) 

My RB depth is Edmonds, Drake, Ekeler (IR), Mike Davis, McKissic in a half-PPR league after the trade. 

I thought I did good. What do you guys think?

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I traded Giovani Bernard (1 start tops as a starter, maybe 2??) and Philip Lindsay for Robert Woods since my WR corps is Tyler Lockett, Travis Fulgham and Tim Patrick, yeah I know, that is why I did the trade. :) 

My RB depth is Edmonds, Drake, Ekeler (IR), Mike Davis, McKissic in a half-PPR league after the trade. 

I would say so, I'm starting Woods this week.  He could have a big game against Seattle. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

You did well. That'll give you adequate WRs and your RBs are fine as well. Once Mixon comes back, Gio's value will be gone, so you got max value for him.

On 11/12/2020 at 9:24 AM, teganslaw said:

I'd go with Rodgers. The matchup is a good one this week. 

R. Wilson or Justin Herbert at Miami - I am leaning towards Justin right now but you can never predict turnovers and short fields because if Goff turns it over, RW rarely misses cashing in. Chargers don't force as many turnovers as the Seahawks D, though both of them give a whole bunch of yardage.

18 hours ago, chad72 said:

R. Wilson or Justin Herbert at Miami - I am leaning towards Justin right now but you can never predict turnovers and short fields because if Goff turns it over, RW rarely misses cashing in. Chargers don't force as many turnovers as the Seahawks D, though both of them give a whole bunch of yardage.

Looking at the D's they are playing against, I would go with Wilson. Rams D is just slightly better (statistically) than the Dolphins. I think Wilson gives you more upside than Herbert in that one. 

On 11/14/2020 at 5:16 PM, chad72 said:

13 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

Looking at the D's they are playing against, I would go with Wilson. Rams D is just slightly better (statistically) than the Dolphins. I think Wilson gives you more upside than Herbert in that one. 

Ok.... I hope you didn't listen to me :facepalm:

2 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

Ok.... I hope you didn't listen to me :facepalm:

No I didn’t. I am 8-1 and the next closest in the league is about 120 points behind and 6-3. So I could audition Justin Herbert today to see a) if I had the guts to do it which I did and b) in the playoffs RW plays the Rams during which Herbert has good matchups too.

So I know the answers I was looking for.

It's Tua time! The Dolphins play Denver, and Drew Lock might be unlikely to start for the Broncos. Tua Tagovailoa will be inserted into a fantasy lineup  this week. ( 100 player league) I play weekly fantasy PPR where there is a different lineup every week. I like this matchup and Miami is doing well. Tua has plenty of talent among him. 

Tua has a foot injury, but has still practiced. I have to monitor his health and see what happens. As far as I know, he's still scheduled to play, but I might make changes up to kickoff time. The game is at 1:00, so I have until 12:00 or 12 :30 Sunday to decide.  

I also have Matt Ryan in another lineup along with Calvin Ridley. So far, Ridley is questionable, so will be checking that every day. 

@teganslaw @Jared Cisneros @Narcosys

Contact ESPN Fantasy support - Taysom Hill is unfairly listed as TE and has been announced as starting QB.

Yahoo and nfl.com have both listed him as QB but not ESPN. This is very unfair for GMs going against him since those GMs would be going against 2 QBs though I am not one of them. I notified my commish. If I am commish, I will tell any GM I will give points for catches and runs, not throws. Hopefully ESPN changes it before game time, I will lose respect for them compared to yahoo and nfl.com if they don't change it before game time. #endofvent :) 

Apparently, Sean Payton doesn't care about fantasy lineups. 

Taysom Hill is listed as TE on Fanduel. I have him as a flex position in one of my lineups. 

This could get complicated in standard leagues, though. There is speculation that he might not get 100% of the snaps, or could be replaced by Jameis Winston later in the game. ESPN needs to change his position before game time like Yahoo and NFL.com.  Let us know what your commish does. 

46 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Apparently, Sean Payton doesn't care about fantasy lineups. 

Taysom Hill is listed as TE on Fanduel. I have him as a flex position in one of my lineups. 

This could get complicated in standard leagues, though. There is speculation that he might not get 100% of the snaps, or could be replaced by Jameis Winston later in the game. ESPN needs to change his position before game time like Yahoo and NFL.com.  Let us know what your commish does. 

Since it is a 1 game thing, my ESPN league commish is standing pat. 

Drew Brees is on IR and will probably be out longer than three weeks.  If Taysom Hill remains starter during that time, things will change in standard leagues. The commish at ESPN might have to reconsider what position Hill will play.  

Everything could depend on how well Hill does Sunday. 

@Jared Cisneros @teganslaw 

In an ESPN half-PPR league my roster of RBs and pass catchers looks like:

QB: Arizona Team QB

RBs: Drake, Edmonds, Mike Davis, Kalen Ballage, McKissic, Gallman, Ekeler (IR)

WRs/TEs: Lockett, Woods, Antonio Brown, Mark Andrews, Tim Patrick 

DEF: Steelers 

Format: Team QB, RB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/RB/TE, WR/RB/TE, DEF

So I can play upto 4 RBs or WRs or TEs

I feel like I could add some depth at QB should something happen to Kyler Murray.

I want to try to trade away both Drake and Edmonds for Jonathan Taylor to create a roster spot. Do you think, given my roster above, it’s a fair move?

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

In an ESPN half-PPR league my roster of RBs and pass catchers looks like:

QB: Arizona Team QB

RBs: Drake, Edmonds, Mike Davis, Kalen Ballage, McKissic, Gallman, Ekeler (IR)

WRs/TEs: Lockett, Woods, Antonio Brown, Mark Andrews, Tim Patrick 

Format: Team QB, RB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/RB/TE, WR/RB/TE, DEF

So I can play upto 4 RBs or WRs or TEs

I feel like I could add some depth at QB should something happen to Kyler Murray.

I want to try to trade away both Drake and Edmonds for Jonathan Taylor to create a roster spot. Do you think, given my roster above, it’s a fair move?

I would probably not do that as McCaffrey returning eventually will kill Davis, Gibson will take away most of McKissic's carries, Freeman will destroy Gallman's value. There's a lot there that will weaken your RB crew, and that trade for Taylor eliminates another RB essentially when you can't afford to lose them. I'd keep what I have tbh.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would probably not do that as McCaffrey returning eventually will kill Davis, Gibson will take away most of McKissic's carries, Freeman will destroy Gallman's value. There's a lot there that will weaken your RB crew, and that trade for Taylor eliminates another RB essentially when you can't afford to lose them. I'd keep what I have tbh.

In another 10 team yahoo standard league, I have this roster:

QB: Lamar Jackson

RBs: Josh Jacobs, Zeke, James Robinson, Mike Davis, Kalen Ballage

WRs: Lockett, Jefferson, Boyd, Kirk, Antonio Brown

TEs: Mark Andrews, Gronk

K: Jason Sanders

Do I drop Boyd in this standard league to add Taysom Hill? 

54 minutes ago, chad72 said:

In another 10 team yahoo standard league, I have this roster:

QB: Lamar Jackson

RBs: Josh Jacobs, Zeke, James Robinson, Mike Davis, Kalen Ballage

WRs: Lockett, Jefferson, Boyd, Kirk, Antonio Brown

TEs: Mark Andrews, Gronk

K: Jason Sanders

Do I drop Boyd in this standard league to add Taysom Hill? 

Doesn't Yahoo list Taysom Hill as QB?  If your league allows two QB's I would go for it. With Burrow out for the year, it could affect Boyd's production.  Maybe others will have a different answer, though. 

3 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Doesn't Yahoo list Taysom Hill as QB?  If your league allows two QB's I would go for it. With Burrow out for the year, it could affect Boyd's production.  Maybe others will have a different answer, though. 

Yes, as QB, to replace Lamar Jackson??? Or is it too early to give up on Lamar?? Or do I safely go with Derek Carr (Falcons, Jets are next 2 opponents) till I see if Lamar's passing improves? Week 12 - Lamar plays Steelers, so I plan to bench him. Carr or Taysom for replacement?

21 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yes, as QB, to replace Lamar Jackson??? Or is it too early to give up on Lamar?? Or do I safely go with Derek Carr (Falcons, Jets are next 2 opponents) till I see if Lamar's passing improves? Week 12 - Lamar plays Steelers, so I plan to bench him. Carr or Taysom for replacement?

I think it's a good idea to bench Lamar Jackson against Pittsburgh. Too early to give up on him? I don't know; week 13 is Dallas, the last few games Lamar faces Cincinnati, Cleveland & Jacksonville, so the schedule is quite favorable.  Maybe if the Ravens beat the Steelers, things will become more clear. I would probably wait until after Thanksgiving before giving up on Jackson.  Although I do like Carr vs the Jets.

Either Carr or Taysom work for week 13 IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If you have someone to replace him this week, go ahead. If not, maybe keep him just in case. I'm guessing he will be back, so I would take the risk, depending on who you are dropping him for.

In one league, I would drop him for Melvin Gordon in a 10 team league because someone dropped MG and I think his schedule is pretty sweet once the Broncos get somewhat going.

In another league, I really don't need to drop him but for a defense in week 14 when my defense, Steelers D play the Bills. Do I worry about picking up a defense later then after another week? I don't know if I am in the playoffs yet to get to week 14, teetering at 6-6 tied with 3 other teams at 6-6 with the highest points scored amongst the 6-6 teams, just by less than 10.

Daily fantasy, no playoffs, but roster changes weekly according to matchup. Tournament PPR: 

Do I trust TY Hilton against the Texans? He had 81 yards last week, and usually does well against Houston. Philip Rivers is dealing with an foot injury, and I think he still will play, but how effective will he be? 

If not Hilton I'm thinking about Jarvis Landry vs Tennessee or Hunter Renfrow, vs Jets. Renfrow is a target of Carr, and he could bounce back this week. 

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

Daily fantasy, no playoffs, but roster changes weekly according to matchup. Tournament PPR: 

Do I trust TY Hilton against the Texans? He had 81 yards last week, and usually does well against Houston. Philip Rivers is dealing with an foot injury, and I think he still will play, but how effective will he be? 

If not Hilton I'm thinking about Jarvis Landry vs Tennessee or Hunter Renfrow, vs Jets. Renfrow is a target of Carr, and he could bounce back this week. 

100% Landry - look at guys that play the slot and ran crossing routes across the middle vs the Titans - Keelan Cole, Justin Jefferson, Boyd, Pittman, not all alpha names by any means. Every one of them scored a TD. Fire Landry up 100%

Marquise Hollywood Brown - opportunity plus opposition meet with the Cowboys. Both Mark Andrews and Willie Snead are likely out because of Covid protocols they won’t clear by Tuesday.

Other than running the ball, who’s Lamar going to throw to? I feel he’s going to carry the momentum from the Steelers game only because of the lack of options for Lamar in the passing game.

Thpughts??? Of course, if Mark Andrews were playing that I also have on my roster, I’d be playing him over Marquise Brown.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Marquise Hollywood Brown - opportunity plus opposition meet with the Cowboys. Both Mark Andrews and Willie Snead are likely out because of Covid protocols they won’t clear by Tuesday.

Other than running the ball, who’s Lamar going to throw to? I feel he’s going to carry the momentum from the Steelers game only because of the lack of options for Lamar in the passing game.

Thpughts??? Of course, if Mark Andrews were playing that I also have on my roster, I’d be playing him over Marquise Brown.

If Lamar Jackson is activated, then I like Brown a lot. Just make sure Lamar is playing first! :thmup:

Lamar Jackson has been activated for Tuesday's game. 

Jarvis Landry did well Sunday. I made some adjustments and also entered TY Hilton in my lineup along with Landry. Since the Colts played in Houston, and Hilton has done so well there in the past, that I went for it. It worked, since Hilton had 110 yards, the best he's done all year. Hilton and Landry each got over 20 points. 

I thought about entering Herbert as QB, but went with Kirk Cousins instead. Glad I did that as Herbert had an awful game. Cousins started out slow, but eventually was better in the second quarter. 

Man, benched Zeke and played Devontae Booker in my flex, lost my bye week by 0.6 points :( 

Standard league. More than that, Steelers D gave me 3 points, screwed me over.

Oh well, #3 seed and wild card round, here I come. Never won my work league as a #3 seed, never say never I guess.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Man, benched Zeke and played Devontae Booker in my flex, lost my bye week by 0.6 points :( 

Standard league. More than that, Steelers D gave me 3 points, screwed me over.

Oh well, #3 seed and wild card round, here I come. Never won my work league as a #3 seed, never say never I guess.

I am glad I haven't been on the other end, losing by 0.6. When I won my 12 man league in 2018 I won the final 4 game by 0.3 lmao . That is how close I was too losing. I won the Championship game big though but 0.3 as I still find it funny. I kept waiting all week for it to say something different that is how close Fantasy Football is sometimes.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am glad I haven't been on the other end, losing by 0.6. When I won my 12 man league in 2018 I won the final 4 game by 0.3 lmao . That is how close I was too losing. I won the Championship game big though but 0.3 as I still find it funny. I kept waiting all week for it to say something different that is how close Fantasy Football is sometimes.

I have not lost yet, I am still the #3 seed in the playoffs but over the whole season, coming short by 0.6 points in the standings with the same 9-4 record as the #2 seed to lose the bye week for the playoffs really sucks.

Archived