Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The key to 2020 success

danlhart87

I hate to give such a boring answer....   but the key to our success this year — especially this year — is..............  Health.   Good health.   Staying as far away from the virus as possible.  

If we stay as healthy as possible, I’m talking few injuries combined with few virus cases, then I like our chances to go to the playoffs and make a good run. 

49 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess your interpretation of gunslinger is different than mine. 

So let me get this right, By us throwing more down field you are saying we need to control the clock? How does that work? 

If we suffer in the time of possessions category, how does that relate to controlling the clock? 

I do agree we will throw more but not at the rate you are suggesting. 

I can see Rivers throwing to his RBs and TEs just as much as he does his WRs. 

By throwing more, we're going to have more offensive possessions, and we'll have to work a little harder to limit offensive drives by the opponent because, by nature of scoring faster, the opponent will get more offensive possessions.

When Brissett was at his best we could take up to 7-8 minutes off the clock with each offensive possession, which took pressure off the D and kept them fresher for the second half of ball games.  that's not going to happen as often with Rivers because he's more likely to make big chunk plays, meaning offensive drives take less time and the D will be on the field a bit more often.  It's something we're going to have to prepare for whether you think it's good or bad.

21 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think Rivers being a seasoned vet he will conform to Frank's style of play. He knows this is his last chance and I think he is smart enough to know not to have that gunslinger mentality. 

Part of the reason he has had that gunslinger mentality you speak is from not having a complete team around him. The Chargers won and lost on the arm of Rivers. 

When Rivers had LT on the team he didn't throw near as much. His best receiver in his history was a TE in Gates. 

IMO he is not as much a gunslinger as you make him out to be. 

Yeah, I think he's mistaken.  Many of Rivers passes and yards go to a RB coming out of the backfield.   Technically passing yards but more like rushing yards.    Hines could look like Ekeler.   

On 8/14/2020 at 2:34 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Oddly enough, I'm a braves fan as well in baseball, so I know how that feels two-fold! Been very frustrating the last 19 years losing in the playoffs. :( 

Funny you guys say that. I’m a life long Braves fan as well. I’m also a pacers fan. I guess I’m just a glutton for punishment because my fav teams always are good it seems but can never win it all. 

5 minutes ago, Trace Pyott said:

Funny you guys say that. I’m a life long Braves fan as well. I’m also a pacers fan. I guess I’m just a glutton for punishment because my fav teams always are good it seems but can never win it all. 

Braves won it all in 1995. I had to wait 32 years as a Cubs fan before they won it all in 2016 :funny: (fan since 1984)

Archived