Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Higgo's Analysis of the 2020 Colts picks

1. DeForest Buckner is a huge addition that DT spot who can get after the QB and that 3-TECH piece we've been searching for is finally set for years to come.

2. Micheal Pittman JR, - Huge upset and another job ball WR that runs in that 4.5 range who can extend the field and will be huge in the redzone, especially for Phillip Rivers getting his Mike Williams. 

3. Johnathan Taylor was a pick I was against at first who will run wild behind our solid offensive line with BIG Q leading the way.

4. Julian Blackmon will come in and potentially be used at one of the CB spots which is extremely helpful. Can pop back to his safety spot as well. Great pick who can be used all over the field.

5. Jacob Eason - Huge arm and tons of upside. Two years in the QB room with Phillip Rivers and some great coaching from Reich and this could potenially be the steal of the draft, especially after he was in speculation to go early 2nd round and we got him in the first.

6. Danny Pinter - Has a ton of potential and adds much needed for our OL. Can play both guard spots as well as center.

7. Rob Windsor, defensive tackle, Penn State - Adds great depth at the DT spot and the man plays hard everygame.

8. Dezmon Patmon, wide receiver, Washington State - Huge 6'4 frame who runs a 4.48. A big man that can burn teams vertically and also factor in as another jump ball option for Rivers

9. Isaiah Rodgers, cornerback, UMass - His tape looked really strong, runs a sub 4.3 40 and can be used at the nickel spot if Kenny Moore finds the injury bug this year. 

10. Jordan Glasgow, linebacker, Michigan - Great depth pick who can come in and back up at the ILB spot if any of our other guys go down. Love the depth pick here.

Overall a great draft from Ballard. Nailed all of our needs on the head. I'm guessing we'll pursue an UDFA TE. Could go down as the second strongest Chris Ballard draft since he has arrived. Our future is looking extremely bright.

12 hours ago, JackColt23 said:

1. DeForest Buckner is a huge addition that DT spot who can get after the QB and that 3-TECH piece we've been searching for is finally set for years to come.

2. Micheal Pittman JR, - Huge upset and another job ball WR that runs in that 4.5 range who can extend the field and will be huge in the redzone, especially for Phillip Rivers getting his Mike Williams. 

3. Johnathan Taylor was a pick I was against at first who will run wild behind our solid offensive line with BIG Q leading the way.

4. Julian Blackmon will come in and potentially be used at one of the CB spots which is extremely helpful. Can pop back to his safety spot as well. Great pick who can be used all over the field.

5. Jacob Eason - Huge arm and tons of upside. Two years in the QB room with Phillip Rivers and some great coaching from Reich and this could potenially be the steal of the draft, especially after he was in speculation to go early 2nd round and we got him in the first.

6. Danny Pinter - Has a ton of potential and adds much needed for our OL. Can play both guard spots as well as center.

7. Rob Windsor, defensive tackle, Penn State - Adds great depth at the DT spot and the man plays hard everygame.

8. Dezmon Patmon, wide receiver, Washington State - Huge 6'4 frame who runs a 4.48. A big man that can burn teams vertically and also factor in as another jump ball option for Rivers

9. Isaiah Rodgers, cornerback, UMass - His tape looked really strong, runs a sub 4.3 40 and can be used at the nickel spot if Kenny Moore finds the injury bug this year. 

10. Jordan Glasgow, linebacker, Michigan - Great depth pick who can come in and back up at the ILB spot if any of our other guys go down. Love the depth pick here.

Overall a great draft from Ballard. Nailed all of our needs on the head. I'm guessing we'll pursue an UDFA TE. Could go down as the second strongest Chris Ballard draft since he has arrived. Our future is looking extremely bright.

Great write up

I like the Pittman pick.

Watch his tape.... he separates well, even without 4.4 speed

I think he will be a star

We are a much better team than the one that ended last year

13 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I loved it as well.  If I had a complaint, it would be I would have liked to see us grab an OT and a TE.  Other than that, I'm good. 

How Sway, How? Trade away Rivers? Each team has a finite number of picks. Colts traded higher picks to add more picks, but you can only have a certain number of picks. 

Then if we add more picks, we then lower the quality of player that you also may have had a problem with.

BTW, CB also added a "highly mocked" QB in the forth. While adding an ALL Pro rookie in the first. And still getting, by some people's measure, the best RB in the draft.

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

How Sway, How? Trade away Rivers? Each team has a finite number of picks. Colts traded higher picks to add more picks, but you can only have a certain number of picks. 

Then if we add more picks, we then lower the quality of player that you also may have had a problem with.

BTW, CB also added a "highly mocked" QB in the forth. While adding an ALL Pro rookie in the first. And still getting, by some people's measure, the best RB in the draft.

Nah I'm good with what we got, just maybe would have taken an OT at the 3rd pick instead of a DB coming off an ACL.  I get it, the guy has crazy potential, but I think it's fair to say it could be argued that that might make some sense.  I don't think TE is as big of a need as OT since they signed Burton, but still a need IMHO.  

Don't get me wrong, I slept great last night, love what they got, realize there are only so many picks.  Eason was terrific value even if I don't think any of the QB's outside of Burrow will add up to much.  But no draft is perfect and we as fans should think critically and not just think everything is unicorns and rainbows all the time.  That being said I love what Ballard has done with this roster since he got into town.

Think about where the Colts as an organization stands today a mere 8 months after Andrew Luck put the team into such a  horrible position with his retirement. The team remains full of high character, hard working players; they are young, fast and athletic; the D is definitely much better; the receiving talent is finally where it needs to be; the running game and O-line appear to be as good as any in the NFL; and if Philip Rivers still has some mojo left, the Colts are a playoff team again. 

A terrific job by Chris Ballard and the entire personnel team. They pivoted from the Luck debacle and never blinked. Bravo.

4 hours ago, Hoose said:

Think about where the Colts as an organization stands today a mere 8 months after Andrew Luck put the team into such a  horrible position with his retirement. The team remains full of high character, hard working players; they are young, fast and athletic; the D is definitely much better; the receiving talent is finally where it needs to be; the running game and O-line appear to be as good as any in the NFL; and if Philip Rivers still has some mojo left, the Colts are a playoff team again. 

A terrific job by Chris Ballard and the entire personnel team. They pivoted from the Luck debacle and never blinked. Bravo.

My only two concerns  are who steps up for sheard, and tackle depth. Hopefully hotrod or McLaughlin  sures up the kicking situation 

5 hours ago, Hoose said:

Well stated.  And for my part, I couldn't help but hear the echo of what Ballard said in his post-season press conference.  After the 7-9 season that we had, there will be changes.  Yeah.  There were changes, alright.  We will begin the 2020 season with at least 4 different starters, with potentially more.  And anywhere from 10 to 15 other players either traded, released, or replaced.  Oh, yeah.  There are, indeed, changes.

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

My only two concerns  are who steps up for sheard, and tackle depth. Hopefully hotrod or McLaughlin  sures up the kicking situation 

I think we will see Autry at starting LDE

Rotation of Banagu

Im starting to think we will be ok on DE

My concern is OT

Maybe we can find an over the hill guy.....

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think we will see Autry at starting LDE

Rotation of Banagu

Im starting to think we will be ok on DE

My concern is OT

Maybe we can find an over the hill guy.....

That will be addressed  in next years draft. They may trade hooker  for one lol

Archived