Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will this be the highest rated draft of all time?

17 minutes ago, Myles said:

It's set up for them.   Everyone is at home and most are wanting any type of sports coverage.  

You may be right...folks will tune in just to see how they do it this way for the first time ever.  And, of course, because of what you said...people want something live to watch!

And this is just my preference, but there will be a minimum amount of fluff during the draft. No delay on picks because we are waiting for players to walk up from the green room, shake the commissioner's hand, then do an interview. No guest pick announcers trying to outdo previous guest announcers. No waiting for an orangutan to make a pick(yeah I'm not over that either). We will have picks and analysis, I mean a crazy idea!

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think it will be. They are supposed to incorporate a telethon/fundraiser into it. EA Sports is supposed to make animations of some of the top daft prospects going to the podium.

Sounds like they refuted that rumor. Maybe they were hoping to surprise people...or have decided it wasn't worth the effort (especially if they had issues). 

I fully expect some draftee to have a cardboard cut-out of Goodell in their living rooms to hug.

I'm usually not real big at watching the draft.   I'll check the results for time to time or try to catch when the Colts are drafting.   This year I'm looking forward to it and will probably watch allot of it.   I'm just jonesing for some sports and this will help fill the void.  

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm usually not real big at watching the draft.   I'll check the results for time to time or try to catch when the Colts are drafting.   This year I'm looking forward to it and will probably watch allot of it.   I'm just jonesing for some sports and this will help fill the void.  

I don't closely watch Saturday...but I totally nerd out on Thursday and Friday...it's sacred for me and my brother-in-law. We get together and grill out...and watch with our own big boards.

But my wonderful wife decided have her bday on April 29...so if her bday falls on Friday or Thursday...it complicates things. So I have to go way above and beyond on the gift and also get reservations at Jeff Ruby's for that Saturday night. 

It's a whole different experience attending it though. I really hope Indy gets to host in the next few year.

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Sounds like they refuted that rumor. Maybe they were hoping to surprise people...or have decided it wasn't worth the effort (especially if they had issues). 

I fully expect some draftee to have a cardboard cut-out of Goodell in their living rooms to hug.

I never heard them say it wasn’t happening. But no big deal if it doesn’t happen.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I never heard them say it wasn’t happening. But no big deal if it doesn’t happen.

EA just said the reported plans weren't true. They could still be working on it...just trying to set proper expectations.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/06/ea-sports-we-are-working-to-support-nfl-draft-but-reported-plans-are-untrue/

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like some of the coaches and GMS that are stuck in their ways are using the media to complain like they did with FA. Lol. They need to quit crying and do their jobs. Everyone has adjusted to working at home. They should too.

That's a bit silly. I assume much of this can be done remotely anyways. But if they take the proper precautions...having IT set everything up shouldn't be an issue. And then have 1-2 people there for any hardware issues. But hey...if those people don't want to make sure the technology is working properly and secure...that's up to them.

Also...to nitpick...they aren't "their employees"...right? That seems like a strange way to word that. I am not in IT...but Information Systems is a separate department...so I can't imagine they report to the GM.

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

That's a bit silly. I assume much of this can be done remotely anyways. But if they take the proper precautions...having IT set everything up shouldn't be an issue. And then have 1-2 people there for any hardware issues. But hey...if those people don't want to make sure the technology is working properly and secure...that's up to them.

Also...to nitpick...they aren't "their employees"...right? That seems like a strange way to word that. I am not in IT...but Information Systems is a separate department...so I can't imagine they report to the GM.

I am pretty sure the NFL teams have  their own IT guys. So they don’t even have to go hire anyone. Millions of Americans have set them self up to work from home. Some of them need to quit crying. If the everyday American can do it they as millionaires can do it. I am sure it’s just a few that are stuck in their ways and aren’t happy doing it this way. But postponing it doesn’t change anything. We have no clue what is ahead. Just do it and get it done so these rookies can get the playbooks. 

Archived