Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts among teams vetting James Morgan

I, from the onset, felt that the qbs that were rated at the top of the draft were not Reich's type of qb. Morgan could b an option,  I am just not sure they will pick a qb with one of their 1st 3 picks.  Need a WR, TE, O line depth, Nose Tackle and probably another corner since cutting Desir.

7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I, from the onset, felt that the qbs that were rated at the top of the draft were not Reich's type of qb. Morgan could b an option,  I am just not sure they will pick a qb with one of their 1st 3 picks.  Need a WR, TE, O line depth, Nose Tackle and probably another corner since cutting Desir.

He is so inaccurate. I don’t see Morgan being his type at all. Of course though they are going to look at everyone.

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He is so inaccurate. I don’t see Morgan being his type at all. Of course though they are going to look at everyone.

But everyone was on the Love train and he was a turn over machine.?? I eould not b surprised if they didnt draft one.  If Brissett is not cut or traded, I dont expect them to draft a qb

57 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

But everyone was on the Love train and he was a turn over machine.?? I eould not b surprised if they didnt draft one.  If Brissett is not cut or traded, I dont expect them to draft a qb

You can’t fix accuracy. You can fix decision making with good coaching.

8 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Well if that many teams looking at him they may reaxh for him in the second lol. I don't  see why they like him so much. Must have missed something  on tape

I think it’s just doing due diligence. He might end up as a backup somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U can fix decsion making?  How did that work out for Winston.  I think both accuracy and decision making r kind of engrained in a qb coming out of college.

Well Winston was blind sooo hahahahahaha 

Ehh .   Put Chad Kelly in this yrs draft without the off field nonsense .   Where would he rank?

If he has his act cleaned up .   Where do the Colts see him?

Better than probably anyone not named Burrows or Tua?

I'd say yep 

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

I don't  see why they like him so much. Must have missed something  on tape

They watched him perform with better players around him in the Shrine Bowl and at the Combine. Perhaps they saw a correctable flaw in mechanics? 

Baseball teams draft like that all the time.

If he sits a year or two behind Rivers and corrects said flaws then maybe we develop a good QB?

In the end it's all just a crapshoot anyways....

16 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Ehh .   Put Chad Kelly in this yrs draft without the off field nonsense .   Where would he rank?

I'd say yep 

You might be right. 

25 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

I'd say yep 

There was a reason he was Mr. Irrelevant.  

It would be fantastic if he could ball out but not one other team in the league has shown any interest in him as far as we know. 

Just saying. 

28 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

They watched him perform with better players around him in the Shrine Bowl and at the Combine. Perhaps they saw a correctable flaw in mechanics? 

Baseball teams draft like that all the time.

If he sits a year or two behind Rivers and corrects said flaws then maybe we develop a good QB?

In the end it's all just a crapshoot anyways....

I get what you mean, but if anyone looks to learn from Rivers' throwing mechanics that kid will be all screwed up, lol.

3 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

I'd say yep 

You know.... if the Colts DONT draft a QB in this draft with Rivers on a one year deal...... MAYBE, 

Maybe, they think more of CK than we think they do

I actually hope that they DO draft a QB  like Gordon.....  go into camp with FOUR

quarterbacks and CUT (or trade) the bottom QB, which may be JB

10 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

You know.... if the Colts DONT draft a QB in this draft with Rivers on a one year deal...... MAYBE, 

I actually hope that they DO draft a QB  like Gordon.....  go into camp with FOUR

quite possible.   But a guy that is in the system is already on the roster and statically better then the top 2.  not saying one way or the other  Just making for discussion .   

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

There was a reason he was Mr. Irrelevant.  

It would be fantastic if he could ball out but not one other team in the league has shown any interest in him as far as we know. 

Just saying. 

Crazy,do think that is because of the off field stuff or skill set?

15 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

fair enough .  Good logical response 

3 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

I'd say yep 

@ eastsrtseet .  #eaststreet 

Still dont know how to do this yet

As much as we butt heads .  (which I appreciate) .  Your knowledgeable 

What is your opinion on where CK would land in this yrs draft 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

How many INT did manning have his rookie year? It seemed to work itself out.

Totally different circumstances

Manning was not a turnover machine in college.  His high interception rate in his 1st year was because the team took off the training wheels. They told him he would make a lot of mistakes but they were going to keep him in their at all costs. Why?  Because they knew he would learn as he was an elite player.  There have been a limited # of qbs that went through what Manning did in his 1st year and were able to survive and grow from it.  Another was Luck is another.

9 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Totally different circumstances

Manning was not a turnover machine in college.  His high interception rate in his 1st year was because the team took off the training wheels. They told him he would make a lot of mistakes but they were going to keep him in their at all costs. Why?  Because they knew he would learn as he was an elite player.  There have been a limited # of qbs that went through what Manning did in his 1st year and were able to survive and grow from it.  Another was Luck is another.

Love had only 6 int in 2018 and six in 2017. He is not a turnover machine. There were clearly circumstances that made last year a outlier..

59 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Crazy,do think that is because of the off field stuff or skill set?

To be honest I really don't know. Maybe a combination of both?

But I have to keep in mind that Ballard/Reich must see something in him they like well enough to keep him around. 

The ultimate thing to happen is he is good enough to survive Rivers and Brissett one year contract ending. Who knows, stranger things have happened. 

It's the coaches who see him at every practice and until he steps up and takes the reins we may never know. 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Love had only 6 int in 2018 and six in 2017. He is not a turnover machine. There were clearly circumstances that made last year a outlier..

They changed the offense from a 1st read offense to putting more on Love this year. He didnt respond well.

Archived