Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[J. T. O'Sullivan] Jake Fromm Film Session

Actually I didn’t t know Fromm used Mahomes type arm angles too. He told Chris Simms that his baseball days influenced his throwing mechanics. He played shortstop and third and you can tell. Fair analysis of his short comings and potential. Summary. If you put him in a good offensive scheme, and definitely clean up his footwork and ball shuffling, he doesn’t get down, he makes good decisions and is able to make every pass despite his supposed lack of arm strength. It was always his attitude I liked and I just think he will battle and get better.  Thanks for posting .

Before the combine, thought he'd be a day 2 QB and perhaps taken before Eason and Hurts.

Post combine, definitely a day 3 guy (just my opinion). Eason has his own questions, but I think Hurts jumps Fromm at minimum. Gordon had a pretty good combine as well, and could rise above Fromm. 

@stitches thanks for posting. I started listening, then realized how long it was. Not going to invest an hour on Fromm lol. I've seen a bunch already from him, but let me know if there's anything new. Maybe tomorrow while I'm doing chores around the house. 

If the Colts go DT, OL with 13 & 34 and Fromm is there at 44, I wouldn’t be disappointed. He’s got some potential and Frank might be able to help him realize that potential and become more consistent.

He may not have the measurables but he’s got an awareness. 
    He is a bit of a project but at 44, heck yeah.

24 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

If the Colts go DT, OL with 13 & 34 and Fromm is there at 44, I wouldn’t be disappointed. He’s got some potential and Frank might be able to help him realize that potential and become more consistent.

I hate to disagree with another Colts fan.... but 44th pick should be for a starter

There will be an excellent WR or developmental OT that might start in the future.... or a developmental QB that has some raw talent that Fromm doesn’t appear to have,,,. at 44

Or.....  Eason ...or....seeing how well Anthony Gordon did at combine...maybe we go after him. .... Gordon will probably last til our 3rd...IF they like him.....

Fromm seems like an awesome kid..... he has leadership skills.

I just don’t see an NFL starter

26 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I hate to disagree with another Colts fan.... but 44th pick should be for a starter

There will be an excellent WR or developmental OT that might start in the future.... or a developmental QB that has some raw talent that Fromm doesn’t appear to have,,,. at 44

Or.....  Eason ...or....seeing how well Anthony Gordon did at combine...maybe we go after him. .... Gordon will probably last til our 3rd...IF they like him.....

Fromm seems like an awesome kid..... he has leadership skills.

I just don’t see an NFL starter

Agreed. 

My typical view is Rd1 picks are instant starters, or at least starting by the end of the year / 1st of next year. Rd2 are instant impact and starters within 2 years. Rd3 and 4 is for long term depth at minimum. In short, R1 and 2 aren't for low ceiling guys or back ups.

• Thanks 1

I don't know how much the combine hurt Fromm, he didn't show anything different than most already knew from game tape.  QBs really don't get evaluated on 40 yard dash, vertical leap, or 3 cone drill like position players.  What we already knew about Fromm is that he doesn't have as much arm talent or mobility as the others.  The combine basically proved the theory that he is probably not a Top 40 pick.

Of course, the question is, how important is arm talent?  Like Love, Mariota had a ton of arm talent and athleticism coming out of college.

Burrow didn't even bother throwing.

Hand size being less than 9 inches is a problem, IMO.  And that data-point helps explain why he struggles in bad weather games and why his long passes can float.  That's going to always be an issue.

Predicting if he will start, could start, or is a backup are pretty much dart-throwing/lucky shot predictions at this point.

5 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

I expect the Colts to use 2 of their top 3 picks on ther DL.  Ballard tends to double down in a draft when their is an obvious need.  He did it  with O line, linebacker and DB's