Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nelson did not allow a single sack this year

CR91

10 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Good heavens. Apparently sarcasm is a lost art and indefensible around here. I'm honestly over this conversation and I'm sorry I said anything at all.  I have said pretty much to everyone that I was only half serious, but tried to explain how the sarcasm fit in. 

If you are going to be stone cold in your face serious about this, then I just could not care less about talking with you about it. You're taking this WAAAAY too seriously. Have a coke and a smile dude. 

If it was just sarcasm, half joking that would have been one thing.  But, you claimed it was sarcasm/half joking and then spent an entire paragraph justifying your comment.

Like the old saying goes, actions speak louder than (typewritten) words.

6 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

But, you claimed it was sarcasm/half joking and then spent an entire paragraph justifying your comment.

As if the very nature of sarcasm could not possibly be both half truthful and half exaggeration/joke.  The only reason I was justifying anything at all is because apparently sarcasm is offensive to you or goes unnoticed.  I explained it to others and they left it alone for what it was - a meaningless throwaway comment.  So, if you prefer, next time my sarcasm goes over your head, I can juts tell you to * off if you want?

Like I said, I'm over it.  It's not really worth wasting any more time over.

10 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

As if the very nature of sarcasm could not possibly be both half truthful and half exaggeration/joke.  The only reason I was justifying anything at all is because apparently sarcasm is offensive to you or goes unnoticed.  I explained it to others and they left it alone for what it was - a meaningless throwaway comment.  So, if you prefer, next time my sarcasm goes over your head, I can juts tell you to * off if you want?

Like I said, I'm over it.  It's not really worth wasting any more time over.

You can tell me to * off all you want and your sarcasm did not go over my head.  The only reason I responded was because you claimed it was sarcasm/half joking and then spend a couple more post explaining how your (half joke) is true.

But it pretty much boils down to you make a stupid comment and when people called you on it you get all defensive and claim it was sarcasm.

Keep crying, tell me to * off if you want, pretend your wit is at a high level, it really doesn't matter to me.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:35 AM, ClaytonColt said:

It's a great stat if true. 

I'm a little sceptical about these sack credits sometimes. Only because there was a similar stat about Kelly doing the rounds a while ago but when there was an analysis of the line at the end of the year there were clearly sacks that were his man. I can believe it about Nelson though, he's a beast.

How many sacks did our line as a whole give up this season? 

Our O-lone gave up 32 sacks in 2019.

They only gave up 18 in 2018.

And I personally don’t think the difference was just having Brissett instead of Luck.  Of course,  your mileage may vary....

On 1/14/2020 at 2:32 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

So the point was because he got beat on a play and the QB got injured he should not get credit for allowing 0 sacks in the last 30 games?

Would Nelson trade giving up a sack for not ruining the 2nd half of his teams season? 
 Don't know, but watching someone have a meltdown over this is ugly.

35 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You can tell me to * off all you want and your sarcasm did not go over my head.  The only reason I responded was because you claimed it was sarcasm/half joking and then spend a couple more post explaining how your (half joke) is true.

But it pretty much boils down to you make a stupid comment and when people called you on it you get all defensive and claim it was sarcasm.

Keep crying, tell me to * off if you want, pretend your wit is at a high level, it really doesn't matter to me.

You have literally paid attention to nothing I've said.  At all...  

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 1:42 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

0 "sacks" allowed or getting bulldozed into your quartback's ankle and knee and forcing him to miss 1 week and play with a bum knee in a knee brace for the rest of the year....

giphy.gif

Fresh Prince says, "What's the difference?"

Take the a shot to the face like Nelson did on that play 99.99999 percent of the population would be on there rear. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2020 at 2:10 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

...that play might as well be tallied as a sack, and a costly one at that.  Watch the play again.  He gets thrown into Brisset.  Just manhandled on that play.  

This is a ridiculous take. We've already discussed that play here, and it's clear that Heyward got away with a hands to the face penalty.