Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update , Denver Offer Not 60, But 90 Million 5 Years - Denver Post., Titan Workout Likely Saturday, Decision Monday Or Tuesday

bayone

And, the Denver Post reported, the team is offering him roughly a five-year, $90 million contract. Originally, the Post reported the offer was for $60 million.

The biggest surprise is that San Francisco 49ers have entered the chase. ESPN reported that the Niners watched him work out on Tuesday and gave him a physical on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Manning has said no to the Dolphins, according to Jeff Darlington of NFL.com. Manning reportedly called the Dolphins on Thursday night and told them he would not be signing with them. The Arizona Cardinals are also out of the running.

The Broncos, Tennessee Titans and now the 49ers appear to be the three finalists, though the Broncos and Titans remain the favorites.

NFL Network reported that Manning is also expected to work out for the Titans, though a date has not been set.

Read more: http://aol.sportingn...5#ixzz1pMXpZ8uX

=================================================================================

Report: Peyton Manning to work out for Titans on Saturday

According to the report, the free-agent quarterback's workout is scheduled for 10:45 a.m. CT

in Knoxville, Tenn.

Manning, who worked out for the

Denver Broncos

on Friday in Durham, N.C., has told teams that he plans to make a decision on his future Monday or Tuesday,

NFL Network's Albert Breer reported

, citing league sources.

The parameters of the five-year, $90 million contract that Manning signed with the

Indianapolis Colts

last August are

serving as the starting point for negotiations on his next deal

, a source with knowledge of the situation told Breer on Friday.

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

=================================================================

Manning’s final Colts contract the basis for next deal

The parameters of the five-year, $90 million contract that

Peyton Manning

signed with the Colts in August are serving as thestarting point for negotiationson his next NFL deal, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Manning’s contract is expected to include protections for a team in regard to his repeated neck problems, and the structure could vary from the original deal.

http://blogs.nfl.com...-for-next-deal/

Isn't there a max, like in basketball? Like when moving to a new team there's some kind of cap that makes it less likely a free agent will want to leave or something.

i know that in some sports you can make extra money or get an extra year on your deal to stay with your original team...but even if they had that in the NFL, would it still count if your old team was dumb enough to cut you from the team?

Do we know whats the cap space left with 49ers?.

I know Denver has like something like 50 millions

No idea on 49er's , wish i did , wish decision made so whomever may grab whoever FA is left to help team, Mayock says broncios if get Peyton should start by giving away the first pick & taking the tendered Mike Wallace speedster for peytons deep threat & then go all out to build offense & team

No wonder Peyton laughed when the rumor came out that he would work for a low salary and high incentive based contract. I think he knew it wouldn't be necessary.

True enough, and he knows apparently teams will get some type of protection as contract is to include protections for a team in regard to his repeated neck problems

No idea on 49er's , wish i did , wish decision made so whomever may grab whoever FA is left to help team, Mayock says broncios if get Peyton should start by giving away the first pick & taking the tendered Mike Wallace speedster for peytons deep threat & then go all out to build offense & team

Yep, Wallace is a must if he goes to Broncos. Probably will tag Clark in as well for familiarity.

If he goes to 49ers, i dont know about their center, but for smooth transition they may take Saturday with him.

Peyton and Saturday to 49ers, that team has a legitimate shot at 19-0

Yep, Wallace is a must if he goes to Broncos. Probably will tag Clark in as well for familiarity.

If he goes to 49ers, i dont know about their center, but for smooth transition they may take Saturday with him.

Peyton and Saturday to 49ers, that team has a legitimate shot at 19-0

If with 46er's I hope Moss can show he is serious about winning and team playing and has gas left

wow thats 18 a year for a 36 year old qb coming off four neck surgeries.

Supposedly, he is playing the way Peyton is known to play. I mean Elway, Peyton's former coach, Stokley have vouched for him. They have no reason to lie.

Nothing wrong giving him the money he was going to earn in his previous contract. I am sure they have an exit clause if injury gets worse.

Supposedly, he is playing the way Peyton is known to play. I mean Elway, Peyton's former coach, Stokley have vouched for him. They have no reason to lie.

Nothing wrong giving him the money he was going to earn in his previous contract. I am sure they have an exit clause if injury gets worse.

]

& 49er's who after seeing him throw were so impressed they said thats why they had him stay an extra day for a physical

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also Titans interview included 90 minutes with their Dr, so sure he was asked appropriate questions if not looked at fully medically - i posted this elsewhere but cant find right now

-------------------------------------

final terms still negotiated once team is picked, 5 year , 90 million is starting negotiating point but doubt will change much as based on what would of got from colts , unless Bud adams goes nuts

big difference is they said in my OP

Manning’s contract is expected to

include protections for a team in regard to his repeated neck problems

, and the structure could vary from the original deal.

soteams will be protected if neck injured, to what level we dont know

final terms still negotiated once team is picked, 5 year , 90 million is starting negotiating point but doubt will change much as based on what would of got from colts , unless Bud adams goes nuts big difference is they said in my OP

Manning’s contract is expected to

include protections for a team in regard to his repeated neck problems

, and the structure could vary from the original deal.

soteams will be protected if neck injured, to what level we dont know

There you go