Indianapolis Colts
RockThatBlue

Poll: Is Reich the best Colts coach since Dungy?

Is Reich the best Colts coach since Dungy?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Is Reich the best since Dungy?

• Yes
    • No

19 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I will throw out a shout out to Ron Meyer.

His time was short but he was a pretty good head coach that at the time was fired to prematurely. 

I have an autographed Ron Meyer (coach) football card.

Any takers?  A VERY hot item.

LOVE Reich.

Liked Dungy and Caldwell.

And i REALLY liked Marchibroda.  He got this team finally respectable (in Indy).  That '95 playoff run run was a thing of beauty! My 2nd favorite season behind 2006 (of course).

My top 3 still remains:

1. Dungy

2. Reich

3. Marchibroda but after Reich we are really splitting hairs. I have Marchibroda 3rd mainly because of the 1995 season. Marchibroda, Meyer, Caldwell, Mora, and Chuck were all pretty even IMO. Caldwell rode Peyton in 2009. Hard to judge Arians because he only coached 12 games and that was Chuck's team. Kush, Dowhower, and Venturi flat out stunk lmao 

Pagano was a great man...absolutely!   But as for great coach, I say that Pagano comes in after Reich and Arians, since Dungy.

5 minutes ago, Mburner1969 said:

Pagano was a great man...absolutely!   But as for great coach, I say that Pagano comes in after Reich and Arians, since Dungy.

I think Pagano is much better suited for being a coordinator.  

Honestly if you look at what they have done after leaving Indy you could argue Caldwell is behind Dungy and Ted as far as best coaches the Colts have had in Indy.  He had some success in Detroit, something others have struggled to have at all since the early 90’s.  Arians really had two good years in Arizona but has done little since then.

Frank needs more than a year and half before I am going to call him one of the three best coaches in the Indianapolis Colts history but if he keeps this up he’s going to be right up there.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• If the odds are stated to be 19% if we win out , why would that increase if we beat the Saints ? Other words , if we win out .. it's a 19% chance. It doesn't "increase" if we win Monday.
    • That may be true to an extent ... but if he skips on a QB that's available at one of our top couple picks and instead roles with JB and some mid-round QB and the Colts are mediocre again while the skipped QB goes onto be Very Good or Elite his legacy is cemented.  The only way his legacy/reputation recovers from that is if he finds an equally good QB the next draft or JB leads us to a SB (just typing the second option made me ).
    • I see some posts in this thread that would make it seem that way... I am definitely not, just want to point that out, haha! I even said in my first post on here that I could care less about the Pats fans. But I was agreeing with @King Colt ‘s OP that it did come off as rude when the fans booed, given that  team has given NE so many championships. I feel “meh” about the calls that didn’t go their way, don’t really care if this is the beginning of their downward spiral. I just didn’t expect the fans to boo and when they did my initial reaction was, wow, after all those championships? That’s rude. Not that they are the worst in the world, but definitely hypocritical if those same fans were criticizing those that booed Luck.    However, I also said I understood why they were booing, out of shock of seeing that home game winning streak disappear... same as I understood why the fans booed out of shock of hearing about Luck’s retirement. But sympathy for the Pats? Or their fans? Nah... never! 
    • You are jumping to inaccurate conclusions.  The the options in the poll were worded badly and some options were left out which skewed the results.  It could easily be interpreted as people think JB is average - below average but there aren't many better options so we are stuck with him until we are able to draft his replacement or something unlikely/crazy happens and a good QB actually hits FA.       Cut him and keep looking.  I would rather be terrible a couple years and be in position to go after top QBs until we find one, than finish 8-8 (give or take a game) and be stuck at mediocre.      See above ... at least we know and can move on and aren't stuck in mediocrity... and if they play that bad than we likely have a shot at Lawrence. I would be fine with a one win season if it meant we got Lawrence in 2021. 
    • Bunch of negative people on this thread. With Adam V being on IR I bet we are the youngest team in the league. How can you guys be so negative already for next season.
  • Members

• HectorRoberts

HectorRoberts 643

• HarryTheCat

HarryTheCat 820

• Coltsman1788

Coltsman1788 3,394

• Pelt

Pelt 592

• CanuckColt

CanuckColt 904

• Blueblood23