Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good news, Bad news

mirobi48

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need 1 more draft to add to the D I agree, I still like JB as QB for now but our D needs a dominant pass rusher.

The defense is bad. Leonard is the only consistent impact player on the defense. 

Desir, Autry and Hunt are nowhere playing at the same level as last season. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need 1 more draft to add to the D I agree, I still like JB as QB for now but our D needs a dominant pass rusher.

Particularly, we could use guys who can contribute right away on defense or at the very least aren't super raw. Guys like Rock and Banogu were never really gonna help out right away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I stand corrected....that is one team.  This D has a long way to go.  I just don't think the talent is there and that is on Ballard.  The D line gets no pressure and gets man handled.  The line backers can't cover.  This all reminds me of the Dungy years.

Yeah the Dungy Years stunk from 2003-2007 when we won a SB and went 63-17. :sarcasm:

2 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

And to show any given Sunday....The Bucs have hung 48 on the Rams at LA.

That's why you can't get to caught up in today's NFL. Teams go from good to crap real quick and any team can win at any time.

The Lions literally handed KC the game today. They had them beat.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is why people miss Peyton because with him 12-4/13-3 was automatic every year.

That's exactly why I posted today our fanbase is a bit soft/spoiled.

You've just got to survive the season, hopefully get into the dance, then make a run.

Almost impossible to lead the season wire to wire and win a SB.

• Like 1

Good news. It's a long season ahead still.

Bad news. It's a long season ahead still.

Bad news. Anyone who thought the Raiders would be 'easy' clearly paid no attention last season when the only thing that stopped them from beating the Colts was a turnover from Leonard and Luck turning it on to build on that turnover. Indy didnt stop them last year and this defense is no different (arguably worse). 

Good news. There're still deficient QBs on Indy's schedule. 10/11 wins is still very well within range.

20 minutes ago, IinD said:

That's exactly why I posted today our fanbase is a bit soft/spoiled.

You've just got to survive the season, hopefully get into the dance, then make a run.

Almost impossible to lead the season wire to wire and win a SB.

I agree.....many either weren't old enough or just want to forget the pre-Peyton years.....they don't know what crap football was....I've been to games at the Hoosier Dome watching Mike Pagel throw grounders etc....I was still a kid but it makes me appreciate even this year. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

I agree.....many either weren't old enough or just want to forget the pre-Peyton years.....they don't know what crap football was....I've been to games at the Hoosier Dome watching Mike Pagel throw grounders etc....I was still a kid but it makes me appreciate even this year. 

Yup, REGULAR football hasn't been around Indy for about 20 years. I'm probably your generation of fandom. 

The 30+ year joke between my friends and I is 'who was your sports idle growing up??? My reply always 'Jeff George'... Lol

They don't know the days of 'why are you a colts fan?' or 'the Colts, really?'..